3 Chords & the Truth Episode #23
After a couple feel-good, Baierman-centric mailbag episodes, it's time for a good old fashioned 3 Chords & the Truth rant.

For this childish episode, I let DJ's have it with both barrels. I hate DJ's. Hate them. Nobody enjoys what they do as much as they do. It's like cheerleading. The only people getting excited are the cheerleaders themselves. Fair warning, I'm fired up in this one. Adam humors me while I shoot out my theory there is no such thing as a good remix. It's an oxymoron. Like jumbo shrimp or reality television. We also give a plug to The Pieces of Eight Shop at Disneyland.

Adam mocks my Tibetan skull necklace that I purchased from an old refugee at a Greenwich Village street-fair. Why he would mock the poor and oppressed people of Tibet is beyond me. It's a beautiful culture. Not cool. Free Tibet Echowood!

LOL JW.. nice parting shot.

said Jimbo on October 6, 2009 2:38 PM.

Okay, here's where the Sheriff pisses someone off I'm sure.

There ARE skilled DJ's in the world. They're just not in America. DJ-ing can be a skill, when appropriate music is used. Not Rock, not Top 40, not Country. Use the music DJs are supposed to use. Techno, Trance, Jungle, Goa, House etc. I always hated that kind of music until i heard it mixed and played right. That was in Germany. Since I've been back in the states, I've started loathing it again. There is a skill involved, but American club DJ's dont have it.

Watch the movie "Groove", Listen to John Digweed, Sasha, DJ Irene, Bedrock and Infected Mushroom. All of these are either good artists or genuinely talented DJs. and not one of them (with the exception of DJ Irene) are American. That kind of music just isn't our bag baby.

said Sheriff Pablo on October 6, 2009 3:18 PM.

Do any of those DJ's play The Stooges or Tom Waits? Or maybe The MC5 or Ben Harper? If not, then I'm good.

Kidding, Sheriff, only kidding.

said Johnny Wright on October 6, 2009 4:12 PM.

Nice J-Dubs, I'd like to see Iggy Pop Coked to the gills at a rave...

said Sheriff Pablo on October 6, 2009 7:23 PM.

Aww Mr Grumpy pants, I'll give you a hug!

said Vicky on October 6, 2009 11:25 PM.

JW- if you ended more of your sentences with 'sucka' your transformation into Mr. T would be complete.

said Baierman on October 7, 2009 7:58 AM.

I needed a hug after that techo version of "Seven Nation Army" Vicky. But I think you offer a snuggle just because I mentioned Disneyland.

B-Man, that would be a dream come true. Sucka.

said Johnny Wright on October 7, 2009 9:10 AM.

That's certainly not the only reason I offered a snuggle, but it didn't hurt =o)

said Vicky on October 7, 2009 9:39 AM.

I'll take what I can get...

said Johnny Wright on October 7, 2009 10:00 AM.

you want to really weep J-Dubs? Check this out.

The Oak Ridge Boys' Country version of Seven nation army

said Sheriff Pablo on October 7, 2009 10:33 AM.

*I did not hear that* ... *I did not hear that* ... *I did not hear that* ...

Dammit Sheriff.

said Johnny Wright on October 7, 2009 10:39 AM.

A hug and something special from Goofy's Candy Co should fix you right up!

said Vicky on October 8, 2009 9:34 AM.