June 09, 2006
The Grindhouse - She Freak
In 1967, David F. Friedman shat out a highly inferior update on Todd Browning's classic horror film Freaks. If it were released today, they would call it a "re-imagining."
Fantastic footage of a real carnival and some nice shots of classic sideshow banners are appealing, but for me the highlight is a scene about 90 seconds in that demonstrates how to woo a woman.
If the trailer leaves you wanting more, pick up She Freak on DVD from Something Weird Video.
Today's NY Post
For those of you not in New York, here's what passes for journalism in our fair city these days. I'm just speechless.
I have to say, several trailers in, and I wish i was digging Pixar's Cars more than I am. Hopefully, the movie will exceed my expectations. However, the trailer for their NEXT movie, Ratatouille, is much more interesting.
- I just read construction on the Freedom Tower begins Monday...with Blasting! Yeah, the explosive kind!
- Remember Mike Tyson's Punchout? This clip takes you through every match from Glass Joe to Iron Mike, himself.
- What's the deal lately with Diet Coke and Mentos experiments? Just imagine what they're doing to your insides.
- Dog Bites Man is Comedy Central's take on investigative journalism. First episode is free on iTunes. It was pretty good.
- And it appears Net Neutrality just took a huge hit in the House of Representatives. This is not good.