The End of YesButNoButYes - Past Failures

274864010_568e948e54_m.jpg

Some things at YesButNoButYes never seemed to catch on the way we'd hoped. As the DeathClock counts down, I thought I'd give a shout out to three of the things we tried early on and then abandoned.

The Moblog Project was a sidebar feature, that included one original photograph per day. Starting in February 2005 and lasting nearly two years, all the images were shot with phonecams, usually by myself. I seem to remember using a Treo, and compared to todays phones, they were all pretty low resolution, but there was something cool about the immediacy of a mobile snap. Some were pretty good, some were pretty awful, but nevertheless they provided a daily look at (mostly) NYC.

The YesButNoButYes Podcast preceded Three Chords, and lasted for a total of one teaser and two episodes. Featuring a round table with myself, Miss C, Jellio and Muggler, they were a look at recent stories (which will mean very little now). Both episodes are still available to download and listen to.

PodGuide.TV was a sister blog that reviewed video podcasts. We set it up in the days shortly after the first video iPod was introduced. Eventually abandoned in apathy after a disheartening legal tussle with a potential investor (one of the founders of MySpace no less), it still produced a pilot episode featuring Geekbrief TV's Cali Lewis.

Don't forget the Forum Chat feature!

said Bigus Dickus on May 18, 2010 12:29 PM.

Uh...
Also, you can't forget the video comment tool, which when I decided to use had been removed, and last but not least, the most loved of all featurettes: the twitter side bar.

said Leonardo Carvalho on May 18, 2010 1:48 PM.

We couldn't pay these guys to forget some things...

said Miss Cellania on May 18, 2010 2:21 PM.

I remember you promoting the shit out of Podguide.TV.

That was ahead of its time and before I could afford and iPod.

said Baierman on May 18, 2010 2:45 PM.

Ah, Podguide.tv. I remember doing some banners for that site. The first and last time I designed a banner that featured a girl shaking her tush.

said Evil Richard on May 18, 2010 3:24 PM.

Miss C, the L77ers' memory is long.

said Sheriff Pablo on May 18, 2010 11:06 PM.