The Desonesto Doctrine

nilesD.jpg About 2 weeks ago an envelope arrived at my door. Size A4. Inside, on a crisp sheet of Crane Ecru White correspondence paper, the following was inscribed.

Dear Wisenheimer,

It has come to my attention that you are a writer without a home. I intend to remedy this situation.
If my sources are correct, you will find my new endeavor fitting for your creative talents.

Interested? Apply at desonesto.com

The URL was branded in red. The letter was signed,
Niles Desonesto III

So I took the leap and joined up. That's when I learned Adam, Johnny Wright and a host of others received the same letter. They've accepted Mr. Desonesto's request as well.

So, if you're wonder what's next for me and some other YBNBY misfits, it's The Desonesto Doctrine.

The site is still coming together but we hope you follow us there. Hesitant parties should read the Conspectus first.

Most important question: are F-bombs allowed??? Otherwise....fuck that place.

:D

said JediJeff on May 27, 2010 1:57 PM.

This is the real thing. No hoax. This will be the new site that some of us will be taking our irreverent, disrespectful and sometimes, in my case, ridiculous popular culture/political/monkey commentary.

What Mr. Desonesto has made very clear is that he wants all original content and essays. Hardly any reposting viral videos or other sites finds.

Join the mayhem. And laugh your balls off.

JW

said Johnny Wright on May 27, 2010 2:03 PM.

So, this is an exclusionary site? Those without balls either cannot visit, or they must not laugh, hence they will feel left out. Or, it could be said, those with balls if they do indeed laugh, may not want to visit more than once as they will no longer have balls.

said Ben Lurkin on May 27, 2010 2:29 PM.

I would say that is just about accurate, Ben.

said Johnny Wright on May 27, 2010 2:44 PM.

Bookmarked it. I have prosthetics so I'm safe.

said Ben Lurkin on May 27, 2010 5:20 PM.

And what exactly has any of that got to do with Dr. Who?

said Scaramouch on May 27, 2010 5:29 PM.

Dr. Who?

Nothing.

said Baierman on May 27, 2010 5:52 PM.

Um, I was just thinking, I mean. I know it's kind of a weird time, but I was just wondering, um, what is gonna happen to us on Monday? When we're all together again? I mean I consider you guys my friends, I'm not wrong, am I?

So, so on Monday...what happens?

said JediJeff on May 27, 2010 8:08 PM.

Join us on the The Doctrine and we remain pals, Jeff. It's going to be a fun site.

said Johnny Wright on May 27, 2010 8:51 PM.

this is the secret squirrel project?

said Sheriff Pablo on May 27, 2010 9:03 PM.

The truth, Jedi?

I prolly won't be talking to you when I see you in the halls.

said Tim on May 27, 2010 10:52 PM.

Since we are wrapping up, I'll tell you about the Secret Squirrel Project. It was a television show that Adam and I wrote a good portion of. After months of negotiation, the network passed. Since then, other networks have expressed interest and we still have a slight pulse on the project.

Okay.

said Johnny Wright on May 28, 2010 12:44 AM.

Not exclusionary; I was able to visit, even though I wasn't invited.

said Miss Cellania on May 28, 2010 8:21 AM.