Street Art App

pgrafit.jpg

New York may have loads of elitist museums and modern art institutes, but if you want the real New York, you need graffiti.
The Street Art.

Same goes for all those other self-important cities around the world. Paris. London. LA, Rome. Tokyo. Screw your Mona Lisa's, grab your spray can and tag some street art.

The new All City app is your "hand-held guide to street art around the world."

GPS locates pieces nearest you and guides you around to find more.
You can even tag images and add them to the tour.

I'm going to add it to my phone now and then upload this Keith Herring-inspired-Dickchicken illustration I saw yesterday.
(image after the jump.)

um,-what-.jpg

What a great image! I'd love to know the story behind it.

I like the look of that app, but I have an aversion to apps that cost more than 99¢.

said Brother Bill on May 28, 2010 3:49 PM.

Apps are free if you hack the iphone o ipod..... or so I'm told.

said Ernesto on May 28, 2010 6:42 PM.

Yes, there are enterprising individuals who are able to take an app and crack it so other enterprising individuals who have "jailbroke" their iPhones can install the cracked apps for free.

As an iPhone app developer, I call those people thieves.

said Brother Bill on May 28, 2010 8:44 PM.

Speaking of apps, what's your next one BB?

Food fight and Tickle stones are great.

said Baierman on May 29, 2010 11:34 AM.

So no?

said Ernesto on May 29, 2010 11:47 AM.

Funny you should ask right now, as I'm just starting to work on it today. It's going to be another game, but I'm looking for a way to stand out a little... something kind of different. So it will be just odd. It may not be any fun, but it will be odd.

That's about all I can tell you ... except it involves a nose. ...and maybe NYC.

@Ernesto, didn't mean to sound snotty. Just stating the facts.

said Brother Bill on May 29, 2010 12:41 PM.

That's ok, I like snotty (as well as snobby like JW)

And yeah it is stealing.

said Ernesto on May 29, 2010 2:26 PM.