Mysterious Fireball Over the Midwest

Citizens! Beware of fireballs zooming through the night sky!

Just a week after a video reportedly showed British fighter jets chasing down E.T. and Alf, comes this strange footage. Over the skies of the American Heartland is what appears to be a menacing fireball of death.

The anomaly was seen for about 15 minutes and reportedly caused a bit of an uproar. Eyewitnesses say the Fireball of Death exploded, breaking apart to many pieces.

"Experts" say the lights are merely a large meteorite. But you, me, and Fox Mulder know better. Authorities might as well have said the lights were swamp gas.

Watch the skies...

Johnny,
You got this one up before I'd finished writing my post on the exact same thing. (Though my video wasn't as good and featured the program circling the meteor with a red circle) Anyway, here is/was my article.

Having travelled to Wisconsin, I wouldn't be surprised if aliens were lobbing plasma missiles at the state in an attempt to put it out of its misery. (They did lose Brett Favre after all) I guess this giant thunderous ball of fire was actually a meteor, and it's an interesting video to see. But my favorite part is the news program's use of a red circle to indicate where the fireball was ... just in case you missed it. (This was a Canadian channel which further proves my point that our neighbors to the north can only be entertained through large colorful shapes and syrup.)

said Echowood on April 15, 2010 2:52 PM.

Yep, I'd shit my pants right there.

said Ernesto on April 15, 2010 3:53 PM.

We are making an effort to come up with official "crapped their pants" numbers following this event. The unofficial line is 711 and 1/2. I have the over.

said Johnny Wright on April 15, 2010 4:02 PM.

I crapped my pants just reading your post Johnny if that helps. It got me out of work early.

said Ben Lurkin on April 15, 2010 4:29 PM.

You are welcome, Ben

said Johnny Wright on April 15, 2010 5:09 PM.

I saw this on the Today show this morning, where between goofy comments to people wearing funny hats on Rockefeller Plaza, Al Roker showed 5 seconds of video and said, "here's some nice shots of meteor shower, now let's see what's happening in your neck of the woods...."

If this were the new Michael Bay movie, we would all pony up $12 each to watch the spectacle and debate how realistic it was. But when we see these huge fireballs hurled from the sky on the news, we yawn and go back to Facebook. It's like that op-ed cartoon last week showing huge meteors falling behind a reporter, but he's saying "first let's see what's new with Tiger this morning..."

Tomorrow: Real old testament, wrath of God type stuff, human sacrifice, dogs and cats sleeping together, mass hysteria...but first let's check on Haleigh's babysitter and Larry King's 8th divorce.

said michael on April 15, 2010 5:44 PM.

Now I wish I had found the Roker clip to put up. I tell you what's happening in your neck of the woods, Al, a giant fireball of death!

said Johnny Wright on April 15, 2010 6:11 PM.