Interns: They're Almost Like Real People ... But Dumber
I'm in the middle of hiring interns for the summer. (This is not for my company, but for myself. Listen... someone has to clean out my cat's litter box and it sure as shit isn't going to be me ... or the cat.) And to say that I get interesting cover letters would be a vast understatement. One girl sent a headshot of herself (without prompting from me) that looked as if it had been taken at GlamorShots ... and she autographed it. So when I saw the letter below, sent from a potential intern to a company in NYC, I knew I wasn't alone.
interns_1_ybnby.jpg
A note was written back from the company telling the applicant the internship had already been filled, while suggesting the improper tone of the previous letter. Not one to let it go, the potential intern wrote back the following:
interns_2_ybnby.jpg

(Via Gawker)

This is awesome. And educational. For now I see that if If I ever want to write an angry letter, all I'll have to do is black out the references to all the proper names! Genius!

said mrpaulmaul on April 27, 2010 3:05 PM.

Poor Lindsay.

said William on April 27, 2010 3:11 PM.

A surefire way to get a good reputation with a major company you are at the mercy of: question their professionalism and cop and attitude when they shut you out. Well done random chick.

said heather.epp on April 27, 2010 4:49 PM.

You go girl! Insulting prospective employers is a unique and delicious treat. Being the applicant is, as Sting would say, "A humiliating kick in the crotch."

I remember one intereview I had where the guy I would have ended up working for was the biggest asshole I had ever met. After about 10 minutes I told him I wasn't going to be taking the job. He got up and without looking at me said, "Thank you for your time!" and walked out. Homeboy was Turbo Pissed. Made my day.

said E on April 27, 2010 5:31 PM.

You know, I'm looking for a full-time job. I wonder if that internship could turn into a 40 hour gig...

said Paul on April 27, 2010 11:08 PM.

Here's a link on the other side - employers/interviewers behaving badly:

I hope you don't ask your interns if their mother's were prostitutes Echo. That's messed up.

said E on April 27, 2010 11:18 PM.

You know, if you want people to do shit work for nothing, you can't expect to attract the brightest bulbs in the bin.

said Miss Cellania on April 27, 2010 11:37 PM.

"Hire this man!"

-Steinbrenner

said cleet on April 28, 2010 10:04 AM.