Bundaberg in the USA?

bundySnow.jpg

Since 1888, Australia's favorite rum has been Bundaberg.
Since the year 2000, it's been mine.

The few times I've been down under, I've been able to bring home some bottles. Sadly, my supply has run out.

I've searched around locally and on the 'net to see if I can find any Bundy in the USA.
No luck.

So I put the question to you and yours: Do you know where I can get Bundaberg Rum in the USA?

Links? Distributors? A local Aussie bar I can bribe for a bottle?

I promise to share. Honest.

why would you do it to yourself? or anyone around you?
shit is crazy angry juice and should never have left queensland, let alone australia

said El Rey de los Monos on March 18, 2010 5:24 AM.

Why? One reason - Bundy and coke is delicious!

said Baierman on March 18, 2010 11:23 AM.

I agree with Brendan. I'm wary of anything made by Queenslanders.
The only place I've seen it in the states is at the duty free at international airports

said Chad on March 18, 2010 5:22 PM.

Sounds like an acquired taste:

said E on March 18, 2010 6:42 PM.

while bundy is indeed delish, I have to agree with Brendan and Chad, shit makes me crazy agressive.
You should try some good Barbadian rum, I mean they invented it for god sake, you better believe they know what they're doing. My recommendation would be Mt Gay Extra Old, or Cockspur Old Gold, both delicious, and you can get them in the states.
There is one aussie bar in NYC that sells bundy that I know of... trying to think of the name... Could be 8 mile creek, could be The Australian NYC.
good luck. :)

said Evangeline on March 18, 2010 9:20 PM.

Well Evangeline, I don't mind Gosling’s but I'll take Bundy instead.

said Baierman on March 18, 2010 10:47 PM.

Why not head down to your local liquor store (or wherever you buy your booze) and see if they can get it for you. Often a liquor store can order things for you that they don't normally carry.

said nihil on March 19, 2010 12:17 AM.

Send me Some decent tequila and Ill send you some Bundy.

said Chad on March 19, 2010 12:17 AM.

Chad, you so funny....

"Decent Tequila" he says.....Oh man you crack me up sometimes.

said Sheriff Pablo on March 19, 2010 6:55 AM.

Yeah, Gosling's is a win, but mix it with Barrett's Ginger Beer (or any decent ginger beer) instead of Coke.

said alighier on March 19, 2010 9:28 AM.

I dunno Sheriff Pablo... Gran Patron is pretty good.... It would have to be for the price. http://www.1-877-spirits.com/spirits/gran-patron-burdeos

said Evangeline on March 19, 2010 7:33 PM.

I don't know how close you are to Canada but the Canadian online shop, www.spiritmerchants.ca has it. They don't ship outside Canada, but if you know someone there, they might help out.

said spotshouse on March 21, 2010 11:10 AM.

said spotshouse on March 21, 2010 11:11 AM.

Hey from the Sunshine Coast (QLD, AU), send me an e-mail with what you want and I'll parcel it up and send it over the Pacific.

I remember ordering a rum and coke in a US bar and getting a cold shivver as I gulped back a white rum and coke... was that a joke or do people seriously drink Bicardi and coke?

said Michael on March 23, 2010 11:10 PM.

I spent some time working on the island of Nantucket, off Cape Cod - the local microbrewery and distillery there offers a rum that is remarkably similar to Bundaberg. I am not sure how widely available Triple Eight's Hurricane Rum is, but you can get it from their online store if not someplace more local to you.

[Their blueberry and vanilla infused vodkas are also excellent, made with real stuff and not fake flavorings.]

said crashrandall on April 3, 2010 4:35 PM.