Pat Robertson Blames the Tragedy in Haiti on Their "Pact with the Devil"
Further proof the world would be a much better place without Pat Robertson. Just because you put a "relief" number up on your television show, doesn't give you the right to slag the suffering inhabitants due to their "devil pact."

UPDATE: Here's an excellent post from BoingBoing explaining just how Haiti made a pact with the devil.

Facts are facts. And Pat has all the facts.

I bet all lines will be busy for hours.

said Tim on January 13, 2010 4:42 PM.

His comments need to be taken in the proper context:

"I'm really high right now so what I'm about to say might not make a lot of sense...."

said E on January 13, 2010 4:47 PM.

If his God told him this, then I think that's proof his God doesn't exist.

said Baierman on January 13, 2010 5:58 PM.

The Devil made them cut down 97% of their trees as well ...

said Ben Lurkin on January 13, 2010 6:18 PM.

I like to summarize, if I may:

In order to get rid of the French, you have to experience financial meltdown and host both an AIDS epidemic and a 200-year earthquake.

That seems fair ... is there a waiting list on this?

Worldwide AIDS epidemic ... check
Worldwide Financial meltdown ... check
Worldwide 200-year earthquake ... scheduled for 2012

I'm in the tunnel baby, and I'm seeing some light.

said Tim on January 13, 2010 6:38 PM.

Oops. Sorry about that. I was away from a computer for a while and didn't see Adam beat me to it. This is how simpacito the podcast is going to be.

said Johnny Wright on January 13, 2010 6:44 PM.

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French--uhh, you know, Napoleon III or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said, "We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French." True story. And so the Devil said, "OK, it's a deal." "

I like that 'True story' bit. Homeboy was there at the time. Preach brother!

said E on January 13, 2010 7:06 PM.

Don't feed the trolls.

said Chad on January 14, 2010 7:11 AM.