Social Media & Letterman's announcement

Last night when I got home, I was surprised that a lot of people I follow on Twitter were writing about a special announcement on David Letterman "tonight".

Some people had details, others just stated "watch Letterman tonight."

Naturally, I tuned in at 11:35 to see Dave tell his extortion/blackmail story.

Of course, today all the local papers and TV stations are talking about it. I imagine they were before hand too, but I'm not quite sure.

So I'm just curious about how you might have heard about this news.

I just found out about it here.

What is it about him that attracts the wackos?

said Ernesto on October 2, 2009 11:07 AM.

I read about it on some blog yesterday. Don't remember where. So what option should I pick on the poll?

said Miss Cellania on October 2, 2009 11:46 AM.

Probably the 1st Miss C

said Baierman on October 2, 2009 11:58 AM.

I found out from Echowood one night when we were drunk and talking about "Our first time"... He said Dave was not only strong and commanding, but gentle and reassuring. And Dave did buy him an awful nice set of steak knives.

Seriously though, what's the point of being rich/famous if you can't get your bell rung and polished on a semi-regular basis? I'm not in a band because it pays well...

said Jason on October 2, 2009 12:46 PM.

Jason, you have no idea. It was like getting a colonoscopy from an elephant.

said Echowood on October 2, 2009 3:46 PM.

Can you show us on the doll where the Letterman touched you?

said Sheriff Pablo on October 2, 2009 4:06 PM.

Good One Pablo!

Top Ten Things Overheard at Letterman's Studio:
1. Can you show us on the doll where the Letterman touched you?
...

Remember Echo - no one has the right to touch you in your bathing suit area.

said E on October 2, 2009 5:19 PM.

Johnny, echo - didn't you used to work on Letterman? So who was he schtupping? And how often?

said Scaramouch on October 2, 2009 7:18 PM.

You've got the story right, Jason ... but the wrong Dave.

said Tim on October 3, 2009 12:01 AM.

Scara- those damn NDAs we signed get in the way.

said Echowood on October 3, 2009 12:32 AM.

Was it your encounter with Dave that got you questioning your sexuality Echo?
It's ok man, Stand loud and stand proud.

said Frank the Tank on October 3, 2009 1:41 AM.

Apparently the maker of the pole has never met someone who gets their information from blogs???

said strathmeyer on October 4, 2009 4:50 AM.

What YBNBY needs is a "women of Letterman" article, seems to be right up your alley. Photos of former interns and production associates, maybe with a poll so we can can vote yes or no as to whether Dave got to have his way with them. Tastefully done of course, so as to protect the women's quaint honor. Seeing as you've got some insiders, you guys could do it. Definitely could be a breakout article for you, major page hits and all that good stuff.

said Pace on October 5, 2009 8:09 AM.