The Snake with One Leg

claw_snka.jpg

From the desk of reptile abmormalities...

We've reported on two-headed snakes and turtle two-face in the past.

Now comes word that a snake in China has grown an extra appendage.

This snake grew a foot.
Or a claw.

Unfortunately, while Mr. Snake and his stanky leg were crawling along the floor, he scared a Chinese woman "right out of her skin."

She was so freaked out she clubbed the snake to death with her shoe.
R.I.P. Snake.

Now science has swooped in to autopsy the reptile and discover the reason for the abnormality.

Then they'll probably clone it and sell to Upper East Side socialites who are sick of their Toy dogs, and want to replace it with something more interesting.

At least I hope so.

Via Telegraph

Haha. I've seen this one yesterday and failed to send you the link.

Down here when we want to point out that what one is saying is a huge lie, we say that "it's as real as a snake's armpit".
Now, thank you freaked out Chinese lady who killed this freak, we've lost a way to point a blatant lie, because a snake's armpit turned out being real.

Damn.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 15, 2009 11:37 AM.

I think what the scientists will discover is that the snake was merely passing the undigested portion of an Iguana (or other small lizard type animal) it had recently eaten, and this poor unfortunate creature was beaten to death in the process of having a good bowel movement.

Ben Lurkin
CSI

said Ben Lurkin on September 15, 2009 12:03 PM.

I will be mourning this loss today. I poured out some Skittles for the snake with a leg.

Swayze has company on heaven today.

said Johnny Wright on September 15, 2009 1:17 PM.

I'd like to point out that The Sun isn't exactly Nature or New Scientist in terms of reputable fact checking.

said Scaramouch on September 15, 2009 1:28 PM.

I assume it tastes like chicken.

said E on September 15, 2009 1:36 PM.

It just could be photoshop. Or a green and brown playdoh stuck to a dead snake.

said Baierman on September 15, 2009 2:02 PM.

Hey, wait a minute ... now that I look at it again, it may be Photoshop. And done by a novice. Where is the shadow for the claw arm on the ground? The snakes shadow is there. Dammit! And I wanted so much for this to be real, so I could start raising them, and begin making shoes, belts and boots.

said Ben Lurkin on September 15, 2009 3:00 PM.