Ladies and Gentlemen, Jenny Slate...
Here's how to make an impression. On your first appearance as a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live, on the season premiere no less, drop an f-bomb. That's just what Jenny Slate did last night during the sketch "Biker Chick Chat." Personally, I could give a fuck about the word, especially as it came after 12:30. Also, it's just a word. Still, I would have loved to listen in to the meeting they had after that one.

So I'm NOT crazy (at least not in this regard.) I saw this last night and thought I heard an F-bomb, but then figured I'd just misheard, since they say "frickin'" about 400 times throughout.

I like the face she makes right after she realizes.

said Jeem on September 27, 2009 1:27 PM.

The real crime here was how bad the skit was. Couldn't get through it.

said Johnny Wright on September 27, 2009 2:35 PM.

Yeah, I'd argue that SNL has pretty much sucked since about the early '90s, but they've gotten especially lazy the last few years. Everything now is "The ____ Show," where they take some character impression that would be marginally entertaining for a few seconds at a party, give it "archetype" status, and flog it to death on a redecorated Wayne's World set for like 18 minutes.

said Jeem on September 27, 2009 2:55 PM.

Does this mean her career will go the way of Charles Rocket's?

said Pace on September 27, 2009 3:00 PM.

Whoops! I saw it too.

Like you said Jeem, they were saying 'frickin' a zillion times so it was just a slip up. I've seen Jenny Slate on VH1. I think she's pretty funny.

I thought the sketch was 'feh', and the show overall was 'feh'. But, Megan Fox is hot. So big ups for that. Stick with that Megan, it works. And darned if U2 isn't in good shape for senior citizens. Glad they're still makin it do what it do, though I more or less stopped listening sometime in the 90's when Bono decided he was Jesus.

said E on September 27, 2009 4:04 PM.

Best reference this week Pace.

said Johnny Wright on September 27, 2009 4:04 PM.

Fucking brilliant Jenny Slate. Brilliant. You have to stand out somehow on this crap fest otherwise it's to the "appearances by" credits for you.

PS = Keep fucking that chicken!

said Baierman on September 27, 2009 9:18 PM.

And they fired two cast members to bring this chick on. They must be loving this.

said Evil Richard on September 27, 2009 9:37 PM.

For me, the funniest sketch of the night was the Russian Bride one where Will Forte debated on whether the $10 cheaper one was a better choice or not. I agree the rest sucked but U2 still has it going.

said Bigus Dickus on September 28, 2009 10:53 AM.

SNL pretty much sucks anymore. I do remember the Charles rocket incident, their spoof on ' Dallas' and who shot JR. My guess would be this incident will not draw the same ire of the execs. But then I also thought Sue Ellen shot JR ... not JR's pregnant mistress/sister-in-law ...

said Ben Lurkin on September 28, 2009 11:23 AM.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ben. Spoiler alert please! I haven't seen the Who Shot JR episode of Dallas yet.

said Evil Richard on September 28, 2009 1:24 PM.

I wasn't sure I heard it right either, Jeem ... but suspected that I did as soon as I saw her reaction. I was quick to hit the record button on the TiVo to review it again. Rewind .... yep, no doubt about it.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could let themselves become immersed in that character and NOT let an f-bomb drop. Kudos to the others.

The other thing I kept thinking is that this was her debut on SNL and that (most likely) everyone she knows was watching. That means Grandma, teachers, parents, parents' friends. Nice.

said Tim on September 28, 2009 6:28 PM.

I am not sure it was a slip.
I mean, would we be talking about that skit if the F-bomb was not dropped?
No way.
But, because of that "slip", it hit the internet that night. I even saw Headline News covered it and showed the clip, with the beep, of course. And, it just keeps popping up all over the place.

So, "slip?" I don't think so.

IMHO.

said EffenIdontcare on September 28, 2009 10:07 PM.