22 Misspelled Political Signs

misspelled sign title.jpgYou guys know as well as anyone that my spelling is not perfect. However, when I have something spelled wrong, there's always someone smarter around to call me on it pretty quickly. Then I correct it as soon as possible. Not everyone is as diligent, or else they are surrounded by people who don't spell any better than they do. Or maybe they just don't care enough to correct the mistake. I've been collecting these misspelled political signs from all over the web for quite some time now, but with the 9/12 march on Washington yesterday, my files are overflowing. I can't vouch that every one is genuine, but at least the majority of them are real.

misspelled_ameirca.jpg

I love it, but I can't spell it!

misspelled_draem.jpg

I had my doubts about this one, since the same word is misspelled twice, but it checks out.

misspelled_jhons.jpg

When you have to explain what a word means, it could be because you garbled it.

misspelled_mavrik.jpg

Spelled that way, it looks like a foreign word, doesn't it?

misspelled_morans.jpg

The classic. This guy will never fade away.

misspelled_offical.jpg

OK, as long as it's offical.

misspelledalls.jpg

And we don't speak it too good, either!

misspelledamensty.jpg

It's a difficult word. No way you could look it up.

misspelledamesty.jpg

Take two.

misspelledamnety.jpg

Take three. Still not gonna look it up! I'm fairly certain this one is a Photoshop job.

misspelledare.jpg

Give me a minute. I'll figure it out.

misspelledborrer.jpg

This is English?

misspelledcompetence.jpg

Yes, THAT'S what it's all about!

misspelledenglishisourlanguage.jpg

I'm running out of mangled English jokes.

misspelledindependents.jpg

It's a special day for our third-party citizens.

misspelledlanguage.jpg

Considering how much we butcher our first language, it's no wonder most of us can't begin to tackle a second language.

misspelledtomany2.jpg

Lest you think I am picking on right-wing protesters, I am including the left wing spelling abominations. Yes, this post has every misspelled political sign I have.

misspelledmarriges.jpg

I hate to disagree with your equality theme, but some marriages are spelled better than others. Even if they are performed in a churh.

misspelledpubic.jpg

No pubic option? That doesn't sound like any fun at all!

misspelledthankyoufox.jpg

Fox News: Where you can get infromed.

misspelledvandaling.jpg

You know, you can get arrested for vandaling.

misspelledyouth.jpg

I am pretty sure this was done on purpose, but of course I couldn't leave it out!

Remember, you don't have to be educated, or literate, or competent in order to vote in this democracy. But if you want to vote well, it helps to be infromed.

Update: Here's one more. (Thanks, Eli!)

See also: Glenn Beck's Spelling Makes Me Sad.

Great post! But in defense of "Keeping Ameirca Strong," I think they were spelling it phonetically the way George Bush pronounces it, so he wouldn't get confused.

said Jeem on September 13, 2009 3:55 PM.

What a bunch of maroons.

said E on September 13, 2009 4:16 PM.

Ahhh, this brings back fond memories:

said Johnny Wright on September 13, 2009 5:37 PM.

A comment from the Democratic Underground Forum:

"The Borror! The Borror!"

said Miss Cellania on September 14, 2009 12:35 PM.

As much as I stare at the Youth one, I just can't seem to see the spelling error.

"Youth in Asia will kill your grandma/grandmother." Nothing wrong with that... that I can see, at least.

said hanae711 on September 14, 2009 3:09 PM.

Euthanasia vs. Youth In Asia...
Sounds like a rock band...

said E on September 14, 2009 3:25 PM.

Just like 'Modest Mouse on Mars' (Modest Mouse vs. Mouse on Mars).

Do we no longer read over what we write anymore? Have we become so reliant on spell-check that simple words like 'public' or even 'America' cannot be spelled correctly?

said enormenuez on September 14, 2009 6:12 PM.

The last "no amesty" pic you speculated wasn't real actually is! It was from the Lawrence Journal World a rally in Lawrence Kansas in 2007, I remember because I used it as my facebook photo for a while :)

said sarahkatheryn on September 14, 2009 7:19 PM.

Just like 'Modest Mouse on Mars' (Modest Mouse vs. Mouse on Mars).

said enormenuez on September 14, 2009 7:37 PM.

In "take two," not only are there multiple spelling issues but the idiot is also grammatically incompetent. Sad, we really do rely on spell-check too much. Lazy, lazy people!

said oalladina on September 14, 2009 8:37 PM.

I is ejjikated cause I grajiated. Watts sew funnie hear?

said dylan on September 15, 2009 6:59 AM.

Guess that explains why the professional protesters on the left usually have theirs pre-printed.

said John on September 15, 2009 2:51 PM.

This was in the metro paper today, very funny!

said Seb on September 16, 2009 5:30 AM.

This was in the metro paper today, very funny!

said Seb on September 16, 2009 5:33 AM.

These are nice photoshop jobs... being an expert and master of multimedia design and graphic arts... its a little obvious for me how these were altered..

some people go through great lengths to deceive you...

don't believe everything you see on the internet...

I give this two thumbs DOWN.

said Jesse on September 18, 2009 8:26 AM.

Cute post. This is a way of "Freedom of speech" only that some of them can't really write right what they wanted to say yet the readers can understood those signs but yet again not sure if they are being heard by the people they wanted them to be heard. Those yard signs or any other signs shows your feelings and what you wanted. It just help us to say what we can't really say infront of the concerned person.

said yard signs on February 16, 2010 12:37 AM.