Listen Up!

My wife always tells me I'm a bad listener. It's the single thing about me she'd change the most if she could. It's due to a combination of things - my failing hearing, my ADD which freakishly combines with my ability to single-mindedly focus on one thing to the exclusion of everything else ("mental blinkers"), plus my complete lack of interest in small talk and idle chit chat. So I feel for her, I really do. I wish i could be a better listener, but at my age, change comes hard. And, you know, when it comes to a spouse from another country, Caveat Emptor.

But I don't think I've ever listened as badly as JD's girlfriend did here. Outstanding. (via my buddy Tad's twitter)

Oh man that was awesome.

said E on August 10, 2009 4:06 PM.

What an awful person she was! The man did the right thing. Also, leave the cell phone off. The lesson here is to listen to the other person, not your inner monologue.

said fuzzarelly.mckellar on August 10, 2009 4:23 PM.

That may have been the best 7:43 I've ever spent.

said Echowood on August 10, 2009 4:29 PM.

Needy, crazy lady. That's it, that's all.

said ruffledmind on August 10, 2009 6:01 PM.

Yikes.

I love the drunken, Saturday night fuckpost, though. Like a demon from the depths ... the whore has arisen.

said Tim on August 10, 2009 6:25 PM.

Innocent bystander or passive-aggressive genius?

said Tincase on August 10, 2009 6:28 PM.

I like how she gets a free drink from a dude at the bar and then tells him about her boyfriend. And she tells her boyfriend this too. Oooh girl! You 2x the skank!

said E on August 10, 2009 6:40 PM.

Wowie, that was amazing in a train wreck sort of way.

said Friggan on August 10, 2009 7:36 PM.

OMFG! That dumb girl probably has the Happy Bunny sticker on her car that says "Cute, but psycho. Things even out." Ugh!

That was hilarious. I really enjoyed his soundtrack choice, too.

said Vicky on August 10, 2009 11:53 PM.

Second that Friggan...

What I crazy girl... And couldn't he send a postcard when in Europe, so she would remember he had told her he was going on a trip and could avoid all that.
Or maybe she is so egoistic, so belly-button-centred she deserved all that.

I had a psycho girlfriend mad at me once because she couldn't reach me on the cell phone for 3 days. When I went back to her place I had to listen to all the shit she wanted to say to me before I could pick up my phone on her backpack. And then I asked her why she hadn't taken it to my office as I asked her to, calling from my bedroom's land line, which number she had.
She said she forgot, but blamed it on me that I hadn't called her again to ask. Don't argue with a forgetting/non-listening freak. It's all your fault somehow.

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 11, 2009 12:59 AM.

Why'd they break up? She seems like such a wonderful person.

said Your Mom's New Boyfriend on August 11, 2009 3:02 AM.

wow she seems crazy, i bet the sex was fantastic

said mart on August 11, 2009 8:36 AM.

So the girlfriend was a bit nutty, but what kind of character goes away for two weeks and never calls his girlfriend? I get leaving the phone off to avoid random charges, but to never call or hit an internet cafe?

She may be nutty, but he's either a retard or a complete passive aggressive douche.

said alighier on August 11, 2009 9:21 AM.

I could have sworn this was an exchange between JW and a monkey. The monkey was in Europe.

said Don't Swayze Bro on August 11, 2009 9:53 AM.

We were on a break.

said Tim on August 11, 2009 9:59 AM.

Or so you believed Tim...
Communication should be a 2-way feature. Next time you say something this important, make sure the other end has got the message.

Now look at how JW is... He wanders around, head down, sporting Greek fisherman's hats, filming himself in your romantic places with Echo, just to try to make you jealous. Except maybe for the Echo's apartment footage... I think he was trying to make a serious point with that...

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 11, 2009 10:11 AM.

She may have acted a little desperate and nutty, but what kind of communicator are you that you didn't even confirm that she understood your plans? And if she's your girlfriend, how could you leave for two weeks without seeing her (even briefly) to say goodbye? AND not even one call or some type of communication while you're there? Sorry to say this, but this seems like mostly your lack of communication, which doesn't surprise me since you're a guy.

said Paris on August 11, 2009 5:26 PM.

That reminds me of an old Sam Kinison skit. Jesus couldn't have been married. Just think, he comes back from the dead after 3 days and his wife be all like,
'Where have you *been* the past three days, Mr Wine-Maker!?'
'Oh, well, you know. I've been DEAD!' [Add Kinison style screaming.]

Well, it was funny when he said it.

said E on August 11, 2009 5:43 PM.