Incredible Goal
From The International Sports Desk...

During an indoor soccer match featuring Brazil and Romania, a goal was scored that will make you say "great googly moogly!"

That just happened. I think Brazil won Eleventy-hundred to -3.

Pretty amazing. Almost as amazing as this goal. That one probably can't be topped.

You shouldn't dismiss Romania as a soccer country. They were the last team to defeat Spain before the 35 game undefeated streak.

said Bob Lablaw on July 14, 2009 12:14 PM.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION MICHAEL JACKSON DYED AND HIS KIDS READ THE INTERNET AND MY FAMYLI IS MORNING ... THIS IS BRUTALLLL ... HOW CAN YOU THINK OF SOCCER AT A TIM LIKE THESIS. PLEASE STOP. HOW CANE YU BE SO HARTLESS

said bob on July 14, 2009 12:32 PM.

Bob, that was a work of art. I can't tell you how impressed I am.

JW

said Johnny Wright on July 14, 2009 12:53 PM.

What? Michael Jackson is STILL dead? They didn't tell me that on CNN this morning! I question their journalistic integrity.

said Don't Swayze Bro on July 14, 2009 1:27 PM.

Is this bob a Thomas' cousin? Just wondering...

Yep, great goal, J-Dub. The other one too... I like indoor football better than outdoor. It's more dynamic.

said Leonardo Carvalho on July 14, 2009 3:46 PM.

Then you like futsal? That is fun to watch. The quick feet amaze me.

said Johnny Wright on July 14, 2009 3:50 PM.

Yep, although I haven't watched lately. But I like it.
Years ago we had 11 of the top 10 players. Now it's a few more equal...

said Leonardo Carvalho on July 14, 2009 4:18 PM.

I love the Nike ad that shows Ronaldinho as a 13-year-old playing futsal. The legend is his club won 23-0. The Gaucho scored all 23 goals.

said Johnny Wright on July 14, 2009 4:36 PM.

That's a great ad. They were showing it here like 500 times a day on each tv station.

He's a proof that with some physical training, futsal players go fine (or best) on soccer, cause they're used to deal with small space dribbling and they have a great sprint, but the same doesn't have on the contrary situation.

said Leonardo Carvalho on July 14, 2009 4:51 PM.

thanks bob. that was awsome and much needed.

oh, and hella cool goal.

said phatlard on July 14, 2009 10:27 PM.

Bob was the MVP of YBNBY today.

said Johnny Wright on July 14, 2009 10:36 PM.

Years ago Americans got to witness the supreme skills of Pele, Beckenbauer, Rodney Marsh, George Best, Cruyff et al in the ill fated NASL. Unfortunately, soccer (or football) was a distant, distant fourth after American football, basketball and baseball.
The soccer world would have been so different today if Americans had taken to the game then.

said juls on July 14, 2009 11:08 PM.

Is it just me, being an Englishman and all, but in 5-a-side football, the ball is not permitted to go above head height, so both goals do not count (although they're still good goals)

said Andy on July 15, 2009 8:51 AM.

I know nothing about this rule, Andy. At least here in Brazil, as far as I know, we don't have this rule.

said Leonardo Carvalho on July 15, 2009 10:10 AM.