R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest.
And he has died at the age of 50.

While his personal life was a mess for years. He was accused often of abusing children and was deep in debt. His music, for a long time, however was groundbreaking. As was his dancing. He became a world wide superstar. Still has the biggest selling album of all time.

Say what you will about him, but it's certain pop culture will miss him.

mjdead.jpg

A few photos after the jump.

young2.jpg

young1.jpg

middle.jpg

thrillerspecialedition.jpg

paul_mccartney_michael_jack.jpg

bubblesy.jpg

bad.jpg

last.jpg

ebong.jpg

scaryJ.jpg

I would've suspected it to be related to severe testicular trauma and an overdose on Jesus Juice.

What, too soon?

said Your Mom's New Boyfriend on June 25, 2009 6:15 PM.

Yes, gone.

This is one of those occasions where I have so many conflicting feelings, it's hard to process.

said Scaramouch on June 25, 2009 7:01 PM.

I hear you Scara.

Back in the day, when you were at the club, and they put on some old MJ like Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, the place lit up. That was great stuff.

said E on June 25, 2009 7:10 PM.

I saw him live at Wembley Stadium during the BAD tour. Happier times.

said Scaramouch on June 25, 2009 7:12 PM.

Conflicting feelings is right. There are some totally reprehensible things being said on the Interwebs already. Like him or not, he made an impact on music, dance, and pop culture itself.

YesButNoButYes would be nothing if not for pop culture, it might be deserving of some sort of memorial. One that might be slightly more tasteful than many we will likely see in the next few days.

RIP Michael.

said Will on June 25, 2009 7:32 PM.

RIP you gifted creepy fuck

said Gman on June 25, 2009 7:34 PM.

For the Love of Christ, Would people stop Dying for just a minute? Shit!

said Sheriff Pablo on June 25, 2009 7:43 PM.

This is horrible.

Somebody put a 24-hour guard on Stevie Wonder. We need him to hang out with us for awhile longer.

said Tim on June 25, 2009 7:53 PM.

ZOMG! Jeff Goldblum too? What the hell is going on? This is seriously starting to screw with my dead pool!

said Your Mom's New Boyfriend on June 25, 2009 7:56 PM.

Man, I still think his musics are great. And yes, the feelings are confuse right now...
Hope he's in peace now.

said Leonardo Carvalho on June 25, 2009 8:03 PM.

I'm going to say it, I don't care. He was a great artist, but a horrendous human being. A pedophile and a creep. He was nuts. I'm pretty sure he molested Corey Feldman and Haim. Hopefully not Emmanuel Lewis. Not Webster.

I did bet my boy Mikey that Jacko would not complete his 50 concerts in England. I almost feel bad about winning that one. Almost.

The only good thing was he had a monkey. I do want to buy the Elephant Man's bones though.

said Johnny Wright on June 25, 2009 8:06 PM.

Goldblum NOT dead. Repeat, he is still living.

Still no word if Webster is a subject in Michaels death.

said Baierman on June 25, 2009 8:10 PM.

For the Love of Christ, Would people stop Dying for just a minute? Shit! [2]

What's going on up there? Something on the water? Did Perrier send a bad lot of water to the US?

said Leonardo Carvalho on June 25, 2009 8:13 PM.

The news is all over this. MJ will me the story for the next 3-4 days.
The government of Iran and South Carolina governor Mark Sanford have to be thrilled right now.

said Baierman on June 25, 2009 8:26 PM.

Reports indicate he got a hold of a tainted 12 year old. More info at 11pm.

Now it cant be too soon, I'm like the 15 poster.

said etantao on June 25, 2009 8:31 PM.

Thank God that Goldblum thing was a hoax. Now we can go back to making off color jokes about Captain Eo.

Hey, that's another one!

said Your Mom's New Boyfriend on June 25, 2009 8:34 PM.

JDub. I heard Feldman on TV once and he said nothing happened. Regardless, you go tell Bubbles what happened. He should hear it from you.

said E on June 25, 2009 8:39 PM.

Okay, I'll call Bubbles. This is not going to be pretty...

said Johnny Wright on June 25, 2009 8:44 PM.

This is what youtube is made for:

said E on June 25, 2009 8:50 PM.

Here's another gem:

Don't stop til you get enough.

Can't listen to that and not catch the groove.

(bet that server is getting slammed right now.)

said E on June 25, 2009 8:58 PM.

Rumor has it that Michael is being melted down and turned into toys so kids can fiddle with him for a change.

said Frank the Tank on June 25, 2009 9:22 PM.

That's a great one E.

Here's a funny one from the height of his popularity, although it doesn't feature him.

said Baierman on June 25, 2009 9:25 PM.

@ E:

You know what's not getting slammed right now?

An 8 year old boy.

said Your Mom's New Boyfriend on June 25, 2009 9:30 PM.

You know, it's funny. One of the primary subjects of our forum threads has been Llamas. No one was better with Llamas:

said E on June 25, 2009 9:35 PM.

If you want to hear a good MJ remix download Billy Jean 2005 by Necro and Ill Bill. Its pretty special.

said Frank the Tank on June 25, 2009 9:39 PM.

Our friend who likes to joke called and told us Michael Jackson had died and I didn't believe him for waiting for the punchline. I had to go look it up. Unfortunately, the whole 'death in threes' thing is still going. Though, I wouldn't have pegged it on Michael to be the third. I'm just waiting for all the real dirt to come out since I always knew when he died everyone will finally be revealed. Though, we can't forget that there are now kids without a father (if you can call him that (shudder))

said nihil on June 25, 2009 9:48 PM.

I'm in a State of Shock:

said E on June 25, 2009 9:50 PM.

His last word to the ambulance driver: "can you drive by a local elementary?"

said etantao on June 25, 2009 9:54 PM.

Hey nihil, I imagine the coming weeks will see a procession of the abused and wronged and strap hangers with Michael stories. Each hoping to cash in.
It'll get ugly.

Shamore!, no more.

said Baierman on June 25, 2009 10:10 PM.

the strangest thing is, that people are acting like the pope just croaked or something...Attention World...HE WAS JUST A SINGER!!!

there are bigger issues in the world right now than the "Death of Plastic Man"

said Sheriff Pablo on June 25, 2009 10:12 PM.

Pablo, be serious.
1. The Pope never put out any danceable tunes.
2. The only people MJ could slam for child abuse is the Catholic Church.

Sham On. Hee ee!

said E on June 25, 2009 10:22 PM.

Pablo, the difference is that one's a white guy, revered by millions, sitting on one of the largest piles of money in the world, and belonging to a group that regularly abuses children and gets away with it.

And so is the other.

said Scaramouch on June 25, 2009 10:36 PM.

Japan will probably have a national day of mourning.
England too.

Personally, I think many people (re: media) are acting like this becuase their meal ticket just died. You know how much money MJ made for TMZ, Enquirer and those shows. Not to mention he helped save Court TV after the OJ trial. This guy was good for one or two good weird stories every year.
Now that's over. And they've got to cope with it.

said Baierman on June 25, 2009 10:44 PM.

The guy has a mixed legacy I guess. Do a poll ya'll. MJ, A or B, or perhaps C.
Nice pics btw Bman. Good representation.

said E on June 25, 2009 10:50 PM.

I just realized that I'm sure my neighboring community of Gary, Indiana will probably have some sort of Michael Jackson memorial tribute and who knows what else. They LOVE MJ in Gary soooooooooo much.

said nihil on June 25, 2009 11:47 PM.

I'll bet a dollar that the local news is gonna do a retrospective with "Ben" as the background song.

said Your Mom's New Boyfriend on June 26, 2009 12:07 AM.

It feels a little odd for him to just die like that. I know I heard about Farrah earlier in the month, that her cancer was going pretty badly. But MJ?

I don't know. I remember now that my dad played a lot of Jackson Five when I was little. I never really thought much of Michael Jackson until I ran into a girl at a summer program who was so obsessed with MJ and Prince. I sat through countless old MJ music videos (and the Purple Rain movie.) I don't know, I really love his early work and I'm taking a little time to celebrate that instead of dwelling on his child molestation. While its reprehensible, I think anyone in the spotlight as a kid gets pretty damaged and I think we should just take it as something to stop doing to children.

So I'm gonna get drunk and dance to Jackson Five and early MJ.

said Eddy on June 26, 2009 2:13 AM.

i liked some of his music and i do give him props for all he did for music.

that said.

i hope he died from a gang rape of hepatitis infected hobos.

r.i.p.? really?

said phatlard on June 26, 2009 4:11 AM.

Yeah, really. Even in hell.

said Baierman on June 26, 2009 7:20 AM.

Goldblum lives! Awesome. My tweet, "Brundle Fell" will have to wait.

As for MJ, hope he is having a "seat over there" next to satan...on something sharp and rusty no less. Pedophiles deserve no kind thoughts to accompany them off this mortal coil, maybe a foot in the ass...that's about it.

said Elkabong on June 26, 2009 8:58 AM.

said Leonardo Carvalho on June 26, 2009 9:06 AM.

MJ was an intregal part of how I identified with pop culture growing up. He always had the best hooks and he was so untouchable in that Billy Jean video where the tiles lit up where he stepped.
It seemed post THRILLER he almost started prepping himself for today. To do what he did to himself, spending millions making a handsome and charming black man into a burn victim chihuahua person.. I can only assume he was making himself look more and more like a dead man while he watched any hope of reclaiming his childhood slip away.
People die when they lose all hope and i'm certain Michael Jackson's body looks similiar to how he looked last Tuesday when he was sleeping.

said Chad on June 26, 2009 9:17 AM.

Saw quote on a cnn blog that just made me snicker...

"Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven. She met God and he granted her one wish. She asked for all the children in the world to be safe. So he killed Micheal Jackson."

said Baierman on June 26, 2009 10:13 AM.