Where The Streets Have Bad Names - 2

I thought I'd uncovered most of the worst names out there for streets, roads, towns and cities. (Check out the first installment.)

Boy was I wrong.
It was just the tip of the iceberg.

To think, these places actually exist.
(Or once did.)

Part 2
Where The Streets Have Bad Names

Tightwad gets its name supposedly from that time when a store owner cheated a customer out of fifty cents.
Tightwad, you bet your tight ass it has a bank. Tightwad Bank is FDIC insured.

Cunter is a municipality in the district of Albula in the canton of Graubünden in Switzerland.
Yeah. Lets just leave it at that.

Dildo is a town on the southeastern Arm of Trinity Bay on the island of Newfoundland, Canada. It is about 100 kilometers west-northwest of St. John's.
Dildo is by all accounts a vibrant landscape, buzzing with activity.
I'm not sure of their marketing slogan but here's some ideas...
Welcome to Dildo. Bring batteries.
Welcome to Dildo. Your pleasure is our service.
Welcome to Dildo. We invented DIY.

Manslick Road
Manslick is a hunk of a town. Where you can buy this modest home for $119k.
It's a great place to store all your hair gel and tracksuits.

Taintsville is humid and somewhat pungent all year round.
Make sure to wash up before heading down there.

Cummington Village
The Town of Cummington is a small rural community in the heart of the Berkshire Mountains. It is a residential and farming community, which takes pride in maintaining its "old time" country New England flavor.
Translation: You'll have a pleasurable time coming to Cummington.

While we're on this subject. This funny intersection is near the Inwood section of New York City. Cumming St and Seaman Ave.

Big Beaver Road
Outside Detroit
The motor city maybe taking hits for its autos but they'll always have big beavers.
Take I-75 and always, always get off at Exit 69, Big Beaver Road.
Or stay on the internet and buy the sexy t-shirt.

Sugartit is the type of town every man fantasizes about. It has sweet restaurants, hotels and malls you just have to get your hands on.
Also, Sugartit is 790 feet above sea level. I think that means you can see these tits from space.
Bad news though, seems Sugartit no longer exists. They changed the name to Union a few years back.
(these coordinates are the best I can do.)

I believe there was also a town called Sugartit in South Carolina. But a few years ago its boob electorate voted to change the name too.

Monkey's Eyebrow
Another fun named place in Kentucky. Johnny Wright plans to retire here.

Ball Cutoff Road
Here's a place no male wants to drive down. But Ball Cutoff does exist, not that you'll ever find me on it.
Some say it was paved by eunuchs.

Cumbria, UK

If you're visiting Cumbria, you are required to make Cockermouth your first stop.
You won't be sorry.
Cockermouth is an attractive place lying just outside the boundary of the Lake District National Park. Right ladies?

And if you're not sure what to do with Cockermouth, there's a handy guide to swallow, I mean, follow. Why not read it over a pint at the favorite pub, < href=" http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56695" target="_new">Cock and Bull.

Harry Bails Drive
Fort Wayne Indiana
Harry William Bails was a Republican Mayor of Fort Wayne, Indiana in the 1940's. So they named a road after him.
Sometimes it floods. And makes us all snicker.

This post is made possible in large part to your previous comments.
So thanks, everyone.

Don't forget to read the first installment, Where the Streets have bad names

I just bought a plot of land on Ebay in Monkey's Eyebrow. I plan on building a Unabomber-style cabin and a monkey preserve there when I retire.

said Johnny Wright on May 4, 2009 11:14 AM.

We figured out where Tim lives!!!

said sarcastic one on May 4, 2009 11:31 AM.

Funny thing about tightwad...(I used live near there) during the Clinton administration the big joke in town was that you had to get through Tightwad to get to Clinton (Clinton was the next town over so geographically, you really did have to from where we lived).

said Dusty on May 4, 2009 12:09 PM.

Ha! Not even close. Monkey's Eyebrow is on the other side of the state.

Sugartits is closer to JonnieWalker than me.

said Tim on May 4, 2009 12:59 PM.

you sound jealous....

well, at least we have found you the Wright place to retire to...

said sarcastic one on May 4, 2009 1:18 PM.

Damn, I made a wrong turn at Dildo. Now I'll never get to Pleasant Valley. I guess I'll just take Harry Baals Dr and find my way back through Cockermouth. Wish me Good Luck!

said Vicky on May 4, 2009 2:40 PM.

Vicky, there is no wrong turn at Dildo...it takes you straight through to Pleasant Valley....to the Ranch, where the trio of handymen are waiting for you....

said sarcastic one on May 4, 2009 2:53 PM.

If you look on google maps, you'll find that Dildo is north of Dildo South, which is two towns east of Spread Eagle

said Anonymous on May 4, 2009 3:06 PM.

A sugartit is an old southern method for soothing crying infants. It consists of shortening covered with sugar wrapped in a cheesecloth. It would be given to the infant to suck on.

said kah3 on May 4, 2009 6:11 PM.

yes, you're right SO. And can those three handymen be dressed as firemen? I'd enjoy that...A LOT

said Vicky on May 4, 2009 10:56 PM.

hmmm...thanks for the thought...I'll be responsible for transporting them...it might take a little while for me to get them there...

said sarcastic one on May 4, 2009 11:03 PM.

well you bring the firemen, and I'll bring the police officers. we can do some tradsies once you get here

said Vicky on May 4, 2009 11:19 PM.

That image has made me happier than anything else I've heard or read today...

thanks Vicky!!!

said sarcastic one on May 5, 2009 12:24 AM.

You're so welcome! We're so girly!

said Vicky on May 6, 2009 11:06 PM.

Did you folks not know about the infamous intersection in Anaheim, California, U.S.A., of "Holder and Ball"? It is the strangest thing to hear on police dispatches!

said Dan on November 22, 2010 1:11 AM.