"Welcome to the meeting, Twitchy."

custom_1231129180745_Daniel_Faraday.jpg

Did you see Lost last week? If you did, were you laughing out loud when Sawyer welcomed Faraday into his home. I nearly fell off the couch,

With that line of dialogue, Sawyer added to the very elite list of my favorite pop culture quotes of all time. I'm not talking about your basic "Frankly Scarlet..." or " "Say hello to my little friend" quotes. I'm talking about the obscure ones...the hilarious ones. The ones that put an instant smile on your face as soon as you remember them. Gems like "What the hell is an aluminum falcon" or "The snozberries taste like snozberry".

So, as a fun little exercise, can you list some of your favorite obscure quotes? Could be from movies, tv, cartoons, anything. I'll give you some of mine as examples.

What, no female quotes? How about:
- Greg, honey, is it supposed to be this soft? (Babs, Animal House)

said Nicole on May 4, 2009 6:09 PM.

Jane, you ignorant slut.

said Dan A. on May 4, 2009 6:12 PM.

"And guns! More guns, bigger guns!"
It was the only redeeming line from a weak Battlestar Galactica episode that became sort of a cult thing with my friends for a while. I think the look on James Callis's face is probably what makes this quote, but I've found use for it.

"Its too bad she won't live, but then again who does?"
Probably the most haunting line from Blade Runner that gets stuck in my head, just by itself sometimes. I guess there's nothing really funny about it, but I hold it pretty dear.

"Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect."
The old mask saleslady in Mirrormask

said Eddy on May 4, 2009 6:13 PM.

"We're just testing a theory Howard has about Vocal Reverberation Under Spinal Pressure. "

from What's up, Doc?

Most of the movie cracks me up, but I love this scene which takes place under the table at a conference.

said CindylovesScara on May 4, 2009 7:00 PM.

"This is nothing!"
--Wag the Dog
Dustin Hoffman's character, the producer (can never remember his name)

said Welmoed on May 4, 2009 7:46 PM.

"Sharp enough to split a hair! Split a hare?!" (Mad cackling and flying hair pins. ) -Witch Hazel in Broomstick Bunny

said Laroo on May 4, 2009 11:05 PM.

"Have you seen this prick? Report it immediately to Beulla Ballbricker. Do not attempt to apprehend as it is armed and dangerous. It was last seen hanging out in the girls locker room at..."

"My God, the perfect specimen. JJ you want me to start the examination right away? I'm gonna like this job, right here honey."

"That's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul and cruel and bad tempered rodent you ever set eyes on."

"Hello Polly!"

no, no no senior. Not, not "on those trays" no sir. Uno Dos Tres"

"c'mon squeal, squeal"

"They said you was hung."

maybe more later....

said Excelsior on May 5, 2009 1:26 AM.

Definitely some great ones. Love Witch Hazel and What's Up Doc. Blade Runner for a dark quote, and Wag the Dog for its simplicity. And never woulda expected to see a cannonball run quote...nice!

Any more?

said Jellio on May 5, 2009 6:15 AM.

My favorite are Booger quotes:

"What the fuck are robster craws? "

said kliqueman.livejournal.com on May 5, 2009 9:38 AM.

"Where are we going? Planet Ten! When? Real soon!" - Buckaroo Bonzai

"Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going. " -- Planes, Trains and Automobiles

"It is always 67 degrees with a 40% chance of rain." -- Waiting for Guffman (Also: "I'll always have a place at the Dairy Queen." Also: "Nooo! Hmmm! Medicine Man not go near Dances With Stumpy!")

"So I hear dad's dead. Hey, is that egg nog?" -- Brain Candy

"Don't quote Dickens in my apartment!" -- Orgazmo

"The Tuck Pendleton Machine: zero defects." -- Innerspace

"Do you have anything here besides Mexican food?" -- Three Amigos

"I'm not deprived. I'm delinquent. There's a difference, you know." -- Candleshoe

"All we got here is a handful of nothing: dirt and dry mouths." -- Chato's Land

"I can't kill a lot with only one sword!" -- Seven Samurai

"Ham makes me self-concious." -- Yankee Doodle Dandy

"Two women in the house, and one of 'ems a redhead!" -- The Quiet Man

said Don't Swayze Bro on May 5, 2009 10:45 AM.

Those are some great ones. The Yankee Doodle Dandy line surprises me.

I thought of another one from the Robot Chicken Palpatine video...
"You got an ATM in that torso, Lite Brite?"

said Jellio on May 5, 2009 11:44 AM.

"I thought the hurricane season was over" Pineapple Express

said Taylos on May 5, 2009 1:04 PM.

You're killing me smalls--The Sandlot

said Holly West on May 6, 2009 1:30 PM.