Muscle Women Are Awesome!

A BBC clip on female body builders and the men who love them.

Ummm, dude. You married a guy.

That's crazy stuff. On a side note, Louis Theroux is the host of this show, and he's always going strange places to find out about weird stuff. Whenever I find myself in those odd situations now I just think "I'm Louis Theroux, I'm Luois Theroux... Just observing."

Freaky stuff Miss C. You ever think about hitting the dumbbells? I mean, other than Echo and Baier.

said LostInDaJungle on May 12, 2009 10:21 AM.

I was expecting this to be treated just like anything else and for it to be not creepy or anything. And really I think its sort of awesome when you know what you like and you go for it, even if it is muscle bound women who look more like Michelangelo's conception of women (read: men with breasts taped on) than real women. But the men they showed, and the editing job... showing that first guy blowing his nose was just mean. Like he didn't look lame enough already. I guess its predictable that men attracted to female bodybuilders would be a little on the submissive or wussy side, but man... I feel like they picked the creepiest extremes there. Especially that first guy who was practically salivating over the photographs. >.>

said Eddy on May 12, 2009 12:10 PM.

Zing! I can actually picture a Journey: The Video Game knock-off circa 1983 called "Miss Cell: Command" where, instead of Johnathan Cain jumping on a conveyor belt to get his keyboard, Miss C tosses free-weights at Echo and Baierman before retreating to her attic renovations.

I am pretty sure that the man's Argentinian wife isn't Argentinian.

said Don't Swayze Bro on May 12, 2009 12:18 PM.

I am pretty sure that man's Argentinian wife isn't a woman.

said wee willie on May 12, 2009 12:52 PM.

I think, "supergirl" has an "Adam's Apple" and more....

said EffenIdontcare on May 12, 2009 9:25 PM.

A few years ago, when I woke up and realized I was old and single, I started lifting weights (along with other exercise). I did that daily for almost a year, but I never got muscles; I just got less wiggly. Which was good. I should start that again. Echo and Bair are safe, but that video game scenario sounds intriguing!

said Miss Cellania on May 13, 2009 1:29 AM.

Muscle building is an important part of losing weight and generally toning. It always bothers me when female clients freak out about gaining muscle thinking that they'll look like that Argentinian dude. I had a woman literally tell me she refused to do even one push-up because she didn't want to look "bulky". Newsflash lady, you are bulky, that's why we have you on a treadmill in the first place.

If you want to bulk up, use weights heavy enough that you have trouble getting 6-8 reps. To lose weight and slim down, use lighter weight at 12-15 reps.

said LostInDaJungle on May 13, 2009 9:52 AM.

I can't speak for Echo but Miss C only hurts me with her words....she's so damn nice and kind all the time.

But I guess that's good cause if she ever let loose I'm sure she'd crush me with her adjectives, verbs and correct use of apostrophes.

said Baierman on May 13, 2009 10:05 AM.