3 Chords & the Truth Episode #3
After the slight delay, we now unleash the third installment of 3 Chords & the Truth (in two parts) on the unsuspecting world. While promising we'd try to keep them short and sweet, we ended up having to separate the episode into two parts. The good news is I think we finally hit our stride with this one. Maybe it's because you can finally see the whites of our eyes. Maybe it's because Johnny lets me say more than five words. Whatever the case, we hope you enjoy it.

And a quick update: the tap-dancer we were trying to think of was "Tommy Tune".

Is Dr. Pepper releasing free sodas?

said Leonardo Carvalho on May 13, 2009 12:35 PM.

Zing!

said Echowood on May 13, 2009 12:39 PM.

Hey, best episodes so far. The closeup to camera format is SO much better. Nice job.

Maybe we should make these into a podcast so you can subscribe to them via itunes?

said Scaramouch on May 13, 2009 12:49 PM.

Maybe, Boss. But we don't how to do that. The odds of us figuring that out are pretty slim.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 12:56 PM.

Echowood, I'm totally with you on not liking Dylan, Bruce or Johnnie Cash. I thought I was the only one. Just like you I can listen to their music and like some of their tracks, but overall do NOT get their appeal.

Saw Dylan in concert last summer and was bored when he was on stage.

As for the mini and the cupcakes. You are totally on your own. Next time wear a beret and have a mini poodle in the back to complete the fun.

said C.C. Chapman on May 13, 2009 12:56 PM.

That was funny.

Couple thoughts:

I agree with the Dylan comment. (Sorry Johnny) He played Brooklyn last summer, my cats really enjoyed singing with him.

Kiefer comments: Right on.

Lost Boys. Awesome movie. YOu're eating maggots michael!

Movie down the road that won't hold up: Super Bad.

Well done you 2.

said Baierman on May 13, 2009 12:59 PM.

You're killing me, Baierman. Killing me...

Super bad is an interesting choice for film that won't hold up. Maybe how when you see Porky's now it's unwatchable.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 1:07 PM.

Echo- We finally have common ground. I don't like Bob Dylan either.
Happy birthday by the way.
You look kind of sick in the clip. Kind of pale with a hint of jaundice. You might have your pancrease tested. Your hair looks good though.

Johnny- I too like Johnny Cash. I don't like your hat though. The hat in combination with the bracelets, kind of gays you up. I don't know if you were going with that look just because you were talking about George Michaels. I don't know. If that's the case I say good job playing the role.
I could send you a replacement hat that won't send mixed signals to the gay community.

I was proud of you Johnny for wanting to fight somebody. I think you should give it a shot. I think for the next Three Chords and the truth you and Echo should fight. Not a kill yourself fight but a fight where it is against the rules to punch in the face or nuts. Film it until someone quits and admits that he is a puss. You guys could dress up in whatever fight costume you wanted and could go for it. I know it's juvenile, but it would be damn entertaining. It would also prove to me and the rest of the YBNBY world that you aren't a bunch of Nancies. I will send the winner a fricken heap of Elk Jerky. I don't know if Baier shared what I sent to him with you, If you tried it you know it is worth it.

Seriously, I would never call you or Echo a Nancy again. I would refer to you both as Badass #1 and Badass #2. The winner would be deemed Badass #1 of course.

Think about it.

said Dave on May 13, 2009 1:32 PM.

We'll bring up the potential "Johnny vs. Echo Brouhaha on Broadway" at the next 3 Chords & the Truth production meeting. It might get voted down in favor of a debate about ninjas and pirates, though.

My Dad gave me that hat Dave. How dare you.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 1:45 PM.

It reminds me of the Johnny Cash song,"A boy named Sue". Perhaps your Dad gave you that hat for the same reason Sue's dad named him Sue?

I'm sure it was about the love.

said Dave on May 13, 2009 1:55 PM.

Dammit Dave. That's a 2 hour suspension from the Loyal 77.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 2:01 PM.

Shouldn't suspensions be 77 minutes long?

said sarcastic one on May 13, 2009 2:03 PM.

77 minutes is for a minor offense. 2 hours!

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 2:06 PM.

And if you compare NYC to a sewer--and people mistakenly assume you're calling NYers turds--you go to the probation: have to wear a thong and be hit by a paintball gun.

Been there... it hurts... my sympathies to you Dave.

said Leonardo Carvalho on May 13, 2009 2:11 PM.

I've gone back and looked at the hat and perhaps made a hasty evaluation.

Now the hat itself isn't that bad.

I think the hat is a musicians hat. I don't think anyone other than a musician should wear it. I know you've picked up a guitar and so that may fit.

I don't think a red Bob Dylan shirt works with the hat. I would normally say an AC/DC shirt would work, but I think everybody and their dog wears AC/DC shirts. They are out. I think a vintage Black Sabbath shirt would work better with it. If you totally hate Black Sabbath, I would suggest an old booze shirt. Something faded black that advertised cheap alcohol. Old Crow would be perfect. It couldn't be a popular booze it would have to be something cheap. If you could score a Thunderbird wine t-shirt that would make the hat too.
I think I'd loose the friendship bracelets immediately. I think if you have to wear a bracelet, pick up a thick wide leather one and stamp a single 6 on it.

I'd also slop up the crease of the hat.

Love, Dave

said Dave on May 13, 2009 2:17 PM.

You're on probation Dave. I have no comment.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 2:38 PM.

The lack of something to say tells me that I'm right.

That's all you had to say.

said Dave on May 13, 2009 3:00 PM.

If there is one place that I look to that influences my personal style, it would be Wyoming.

You're off probation Dave. You rat bastard.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 3:36 PM.

Damn-Rat bastard is a little harsh for just dishing out a little free advice.

Now you are on probation.

said Dave on May 13, 2009 4:12 PM.

Ok, you are off probation for this comment:

I want you to ask yourself this: How many chicks have I Johnny Wright hooked up with while wearing my little black hat?

I want an hand to heaven answer to yourself.

Thats right.

Apology accepted.

You are back on probation.

said Dave on May 13, 2009 4:40 PM.

You know I'm just kidding baby.

I like the hat.

said Dave on May 13, 2009 5:25 PM.

So do girls I date and Greek fisherman.

said Johnny Wright on May 13, 2009 5:46 PM.

Echowood, I take back that invitation to babysit my children *and* you're off the Christmas card list..

All kidding aside, very entertaining, guys..but I think the camera might be too close this week.. :)

said CindylovesScara on May 13, 2009 7:37 PM.

first funny one IMO, quite enjoyable. it does look much better in close up.

and of course, The man in black rocked the rest suck

said etantao on May 14, 2009 12:22 AM.