Top Ten Movies I'm Ashamed to Like
reel_ybnby_movies.jpg
I took quite a hit last time I recommended readers check out Gigli. The movie isn't/wasn't great and I was merely suggesting people give it a second thought before writing it off. (Convinced that most people hadn't actually seen it.) And now I prepare to go one step further.

After the jump, I give you the Top Ten Movies I'm Ashamed to Like. These are the ones not privileged for your DVD shelf for fear your buddies will see them, and ask why you have more than zero Reese Witherspoon movies in your collection. For one reason or another, I enjoy these movies and what better forum is there to cleanse my soul and shout to the heavens that, just maybe, Sweet November got a bad wrap.

justlikeheaven_ybnby.jpg
10. Just Like Heaven
It may not be the movie itself that I enjoy, but rather Reese's haircut in the movie. It's possible to enjoy the cinema based on the hairstyle of the lead actress alone, is it not? Well that and they make San Francisco, one of my favorite cities, look incredibly magical. The plot gets a little murky, but points are scored for casting Jon Heder as the stoned (or apparently stoned) employee of an occult bookshop. Mark Ruffalo always looks like someone took a pack of Chicklets, glued them to his jaw, and he spends each movie trying to wrap his gums around the dental girth. But this wasn't so much of a distraction due to me getting to look at Reese for most of the movie. The end, which seemed like a cop-out, was cute and if you can add some eye drops in a few minutes before the credits roll, you're bound to win the heart of the girl you're watching it with. Unless she thinks you're a pussy.

tn2_matrix_revolutions_1.jpg
9. Matrix Revolutions
When the Matrix came out, it was heralded as a cinematic masterpiece. Forget the groundbreaking special effects, the storyline alone was one of the most intriguing in decades. When the sequel came out, and we had to deal with that strange sweaty and wholly unnecessary rave in the cave scene, as well as the speech by the Architect that made about as much sense as lyrics in an REM song, we scoffed. It appeared that the Wachowski brothers had made a misstep with the sequel, one so far reaching that it actually hurt the original film. And when the third film came out, the box office draw took a huge nosedive. Personally, I feel Revolutions is, in fact, a great film. Once Neo learned his "powers", he no longer became vulnerable. He could do anything, and the suspense was lost. But when they take the main action out of the Matrix and into the real world, that's when I perched myself on the edge of my seat. People could and did die. Just the half-hour of the sentinel attack on Zion, was relentless, over the top, and action packed. I seem to recall my hands sweating during that scene. While it may not hold a candle to the first film, it's still worth a few hours of your time.

sweetnovember_ybnby.jpg
8. Sweet November
Let it be known, I have a huge crush on Charlize Theron. I'd pay $12 to watch her shave her armpits for three hours. Monster, on the other hand, was a tragedy of biblical proportions. Her make up in that movie was the equivalent of taking a dump on the Mona Lisa. You just don't do that sort of thing. But I liked Sweet November. It's cheesy and the character development is cliched and makes about as much sense as drilling a hole in your head to get better television reception. But again, it takes place in San Francisco and you get to look at Charlize for 119 minutes. And Keanu, fresh off his Matrix success, could do worse ... a lot worse. Still, the flick was nominated for three Raspberries, included "Worst Remake or Sequel", "Worst Actor" and "Worst Actress." Blasphemy I tell ya'.

baby-mama-photo.jpg
7. Baby Mama
Comedy, thy name is Amy Poehler. I was apprehensive about spending an hour and a half watching a Tina Fey comedy. I love 30 Rock and was amused by Mean Girls, but once Amy Poehler came on the screen, we were at a whole new level. The movie suffers through some pacing problems, but Amy's character is so subtly crazy that I actually watched the film twice to pick up on the small nuances I missed about her character previously. Anyone who can use the term "It feels like I'm shitting a knife!" when giving birth and make it hysterical deserves my respect.

fourxmas_ybnby.jpg
6. Four Christmases
I had a lengthy conversation about my enjoyment of this movie with another guy. We'd both seen it on a plane and found it really funny. Also, there's the Reese Witherspoon aspect, which might indicate I have a little crush on her. Vince Vaughn is playing Vince Vaughn, but the reason we keep watching is because we like Vince Vaughn. The man is entertaining. The best scenes in the film are when Vince's character is spending time with his brothers. As most people with brothers will attest, once you hang out for more than a few minutes, you're bound to start punching each other or competing to see who can snort more Twizzlers up their nose. (Maybe that's just my family.)

clueless_ybnby.jpg
5. Clueless
While I was in high school, there was a complete lack of high school comedies. John Hughes had hung up his megaphone in the early 90's and films like Can't Hardly Wait and American Pie came out after I graduated. The lone high school comedy to come out during my formative years was Amy Heckerling's Clueless. I'm sure there were more parallels between Beverly Hills and suburban Connecticut than I'd like to admit, but the film seemed to encompass a lot of the mannerisms and style of those years for me. The film is genuinely funny, pushed forward by the incredibly cute and beautiful Alicia Silverstone. As an added bonus, Clueless featured one of my all-time favorite bands, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones as the house band during a party scene. I'll admit to not seeing this flick in the past few years, but I bet it holds up to a degree, and will probably send me into a tailspin of nostalgia.

pearlharbor_ybnby.jpg
4. Pearl Harbor
Somewhere, my naval captain Grandfather is rolling over in his grave. As I've mentioned before, I have a love for all the bloated, testosterone-filled action of Michael Bay films. Throwing logic and adherence to the source material out the window, Bay's films strive for visually stunning explosion-filled mayhem. Often, he succeeds. Of course, this is frowned upon when his source material happens to be one of the darkest days in American history. And while Pearl Harbor may be more of an insult than a love letter to the men who lost their lives that day, it's action is breathtaking. Yes, the love triangle has as much drama as your girlfriend's PMS cramps, but you watch a freakin' bomb leave a plane, float to Earth, and crash into a boat ... all from the bomb's point of view. Sometimes I'll just fast forward to the December 7th attack just to watch shit blow up. Of course, I usually can't eat Japanese food or use my Sony television for a few weeks afterward.

LiloAndStitch_ybnby.jpg
3. Lilo & Stitch
This is, by far, the funniest animated Disney film ever. There are few movies that make me laugh out loud, but this is one. It could be that Stitch reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends, a fact I pointed out to her at the time which may explain why we're no longer together.

youvegotmail_ybnby.jpg
2. You've Got Mail
My love for this movie may have more to do with it being filmed in my backyard rather than the actual substance of the flick. But it isn't that bad of a movie. You've got comic turns by Dave Chappelle and Steve Zahn, and a different take on a love story. Meg Ryan still looks cute, and hasn't yet hit the plastic surgery wall we all knew she'd hit eventually. And I'll admit, when she says, "I wanted it to be you," I get a little choked up.

foolsgold_ybnby.jpg
1. Fool's Gold
I don't know what excites me more, this movie, or that fact I'll be able to buy it in the discount DVD bin in a few months. Fool's Gold is cheesy, cornball, low-level action, and even more sappy romantic bullshit. But it has everything I love. Shipwrecks, Theo Huxtable, Kate Hudson looking ridiculously good, and Donald "Fucking" Sutherland. Let's take this piece-by-piece. I'm a Clive Cussler fan. In between reading Tolstoy and Plath, I like to settle down with some easy brain cooling Cussler. His undersea adventures seemed to have inspired the Fool's Gold story and there's plenty of treasure map induced adventure. Second, the world has not seen enough of Malcolm Jamal Warner since he left the Cosby Show. He's a little underused as a West Indian drug smuggler, but he's Malcolm Jamal Warner and if he'd shown up wearing the Gordon Gartrelle shirt, I would have had an 80's nostalgia fueled orgasm in my pants. Third, I've never thought Kate Hudson was incredibly good looking. But in this movie, she's tanned and shows no signs of having children. I can't really speak much of her acting ability, as she hasn't really done anything of substance since Almost Famous, including this film. But she's good eye candy for an hour and a half. Finally, Donald Sutherland is one of the all-time coolest cats on the planet. By his presence in this movie (no doubt to simply receive a paycheck), he knocks the flick up at least three whole points on the "watchability" scale. Not to mention the chick that plays his daughter in this film is ridiculously good looking.

There you go. I've put my neck and credibility on the line. Now let's here the movies you're ashamed to admit to liking.

Normally, after reading that list, I would make some reference to you and Johnny snuggling up on the couch with your cats to a Reece Witherspoon flick, and say that I knew you were gay, followed up with a Sienfeld "Not that there is anything wrong with that."
But not today. I like you too much to put you in the "gay" category. Homosexuals as of recent have landed on the top of my list of shitheads. Right below the KKK and above Jesse Jackson. Hate is hate no matter how politically correct it may seem.
The hate that they have spewed on anyone that doesn't agree with them is dirty shit and that crap that Perez Hilton pulled was bullshit. If he acted alone It wouldn't have bothered me but it seems to be the trend with these sack suckers. So Echo, I won't lump you in with the asshole gay community.

Because I don't think you are an asshole.

I just think you are the most sensitive straight man that I have ever met, and though I may give you a hard time about being sensitive, I still respect you.
I can't say that about the hateful gay community.

said Dave on April 23, 2009 6:29 PM.

BTW,

Charlize Theron could eat crackers in my bed any time she wanted.

said Dave on April 23, 2009 6:31 PM.

Dammit Dave, keep me out of this.

Echo knows the story how I hated the second Matrix film so much I refused to see the third one. Still haven't seen it.

I do like Lilo and Stitch though.

said Johnny Wright on April 23, 2009 6:44 PM.

It takes a big man to admit to this Echo. You got guts.

said E on April 23, 2009 6:48 PM.

I just read today that they may be making a Clueless sequel with Alicia Silverstone..thought that news would excite you, Echo

said CindylovesScara on April 23, 2009 6:51 PM.

"Charlize Theron. I'd pay $12 to watch her shave her armpits for three hours."

I assume that you mean $12 to see this in the theatre, else you are paying her less than minimum wage.

said Tim on April 23, 2009 7:23 PM.

I can hardly believe it.....I love all of these movies.
I enjoy them for the Keanu/Ben/Matthew/Tom/Vince/Elvis aspects, but it's all the same in the end. I would pay at least $12 to watch Keanu shaving his pits

I don't know if this will be taken as a compliment, Echo, but I say you have good taste in flicks.

said Vicky on April 23, 2009 9:07 PM.

I've only seen two of these. Lilo and Stitch was good, You've Got Mail was horrible.

said Miss Cellania on April 23, 2009 9:36 PM.

the Gordon Gartrell shirt reference in #1 made me crack up...I immediately knew which one you meant...

I'd love to make fun of your choices, but I'm all about the fluff when it comes to movies--no matter what category, I just want escapism.

said sarcastic one on April 23, 2009 11:32 PM.

stitch is still my favorite disney character. I Love the idea of a four armed giant rodent that can throw a car.

Matrix Revolutions had a few redeeming scenes, especially the fight between Neo and Smith at the end. That might be because i was a huge DragonBall Z fan in my youth.

said Sheriff Pablo on April 24, 2009 7:25 AM.

The one you SHOULD be ashamed of is that godawful piece of crap by Tarsem that you recommended . I only made it half way through that, and still feel I ought to invoice you for the rental fee, plus punitive damages.

said Scaramouch on April 24, 2009 8:40 AM.

Man, I'd be ashamed of throwing such list too... It really took the guts to make this list.

Let's go...

I liked Matrix revolutions, not as I did liked the first but it had its part to complete the history, so...

For Pearl Harbour, I can give two reasons not to watch it: Michael Bay and Ben Affleck. Watched in a bus trip, because the volume was so loud I couldn't sleep, and the bus driver had to choose between 3 people asking to turn it down and 40 asking to turn it up... guess who won. I really blame them (Bay and Affleck) for this precious sleeping time I lost.

I just can't tell how much I hate You've Got Mail--just like I do hate the very similar Sleepless in Seattle... Every time I'm watching TV with my wife and we start zapping through the programming list, I try to move the cursor as fast as I can if I spot one of those names, because if she notices they're showing one of them, she'll want to watch.

Not that I hate the sweet romantic comedies at all, but I'm fed up. You see one, you've seen all of them. No matter what's the plot, they're just the same.

Meg Ryan is cute, but when she's acting, I have the impression that she's just playing the same character... always... same face, same gestures, same everything...

I don't watch Matthew McConaughey's films. No matter who else is playing along, I just can't. The same goes for Vince Vaughn... Just few exceptions are made, but mostly, I don't drop a load for their films.

I can't say anything about Baby Mama since I didn't even knew it existed, but I'll look for it, I'll give it a try.

Lilo & Stitch is the only wise choice on the list. This one I proudly admit that I enjoyed watching and I can do it once a week.

Sorry for the rant... I started the day with the wrong foot...

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 9:48 AM.

Scaramouch... you didn't like the Fall? REALLY? You're the first person I've known who has seen (at least part of) the film that didn't like it.

Your $3.99 is in the mail.

said Echowood on April 24, 2009 9:53 AM.

Just had to post it...

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 10:02 AM.

Jesu tap-dancing Cristo Echo. We go way back, and I have never tried to judge even when you wore your capri pants, but holy hell man. This is not even about being gay as easter at this point. Pearl harbor? really? I mean fucking really? That movie was so horrible I almost threw-up as I watched it. Watching Michael Bay stuff is ok, but peversing one of the most devastating moments in the country's history with shitty acting, horrible storylines, and more than likely historical inaccuracies is another.

Matrix Revolutions, this was an abortion of the first Matrix would should be the only Matrix movie ever made.

You've got Mail, I don't care if it was filmed in your vagina, it sucks and it's contrived bullshit.

As far as the Reese crush goes, why watch her in a bad film when you can watch some of her better ones or just gaze at picture of her on the internet.

Sweet November.... I don't even know what to say.

I'll give you a pass on the others. When I saw the post title I got excited but now after having read them I feel like I need a shower. This is coming from a guy who likes the Backstreet Boys.

said cleet on April 24, 2009 12:09 PM.

Pearl Harbor can substitute for foreplay if your girlfriend or wife likes the movie...Ben and Josh and military uniforms....just saying...

said sarcastic one on April 24, 2009 12:15 PM.

I'm so glad my wife isn't fan of neither of the two. But as she's not perfect, she would just watch any shit with Freddie Prinze, Jr. in.

I was expect "Down to You" to be in Echo's list, first place, as I was halfway down... Don't you like it, Echo?

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 12:46 PM.

Maybe you're not ashamed liking this one...

...just wondering.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 12:49 PM.

I actually had to pull up "Down to You" on IMDb. I don't own it, but remember my girlfriend in college forcing me to watch it. It's absolutely horrible. Pure shit. I spent the entire film lowering my voice and pretending to talk like Julia "I speak like James Earl Jones" Stiles.

Cleet - Funniest comment of the week.

said Echowood on April 24, 2009 2:09 PM.

Cleet...I'm wondering...if you've got mail *was* filmed in a vagina, does the AOL "you've got mail" voice make announcements re: the vagina it took place in?

I'm now hearing him say
"you've got period"
"you've got tampon"
"you've got penis"
"you've got orgasm"
etc.

said sarcastic one on April 24, 2009 2:16 PM.

douche chills

said Echowood on April 24, 2009 3:46 PM.

Sarcky, depending on whose mail is being received, it can be: "you've got the clap" or "you've got pregnant" maybe...

My wife can watch this Down to You abomination 5 times a day in a row. Hell, every time I remember of that shit I wanna throw, I started hating Julia Stiles because of this film. Freddie Prinze is an easy-hateable bidet-face douchebag.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 4:11 PM.

I'm glad you were amused Echo, I was a little afraid I might have gone too far. I'm sorry I went a little over the top, and I'm very sorry I admitted I love BSB. The AOL voice guy is not what haunts me, it's the answering machine lady voice. Whenever I look at my phone and see no one has called I always here the woman's voice in my head, "You have....no....new....messages." Then I curl into a ball and chew on the back of my hand.

said cleet on April 24, 2009 4:23 PM.

Am I the only one here that hates Julia Roberts???

said Dave on April 24, 2009 7:00 PM.

Can you imagine Julia Roberts and Sarah Jessica Parker in the same movie?

Yikes!

said Tim on April 24, 2009 7:09 PM.

I'm not a Julia Roberts fan, and I don't hate her... middle term, let's say.

But Sarah Jessica Parker... ew! No matter who's along with her... YIKES! Horse-faced bad actress.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 7:23 PM.

Just Like Heaven - "In the romantic comedy Just like Heaven, Reese Witherspoon has a second chance to put love first. "

Down To You - "A new comedy about giving first love a second chance. "

I'm sensing a trend here.

said E on April 24, 2009 7:41 PM.

They are all the same, with slight tiny little differences in the story, the actors--ok, except if we're talking about Meg Ryan, all of her films are the same, with the same *brilliant* acting of hers. It's amazing how they bother changing the film's and her character's names.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 8:13 PM.

Who's the next Reese Witherspoon? Amy Adams?

Ok then. Let's bang out a plot here.

Guy, Mark Ruffalo perhaps, for some reason (well get back to that) is down in the mouth. His life is empty. So empty he can't even realize how barren his soul is. He's walking down the street. Meets Amy Adams by bumping into her as she is bringing groceries back to her ridiculously cool apartment. Note - you know it's a bag of groceries cause it has half a french baguette sticking out at the top. They make small talk. He laughs for the first time. Oh it's been such a long time. We laugh with him. They meet again later. He smiles again. There is something about this woman! He wants to ask her out but it turns out she has a boyfriend. They are still friendly as they live in the same neighborhood and walk their dogs in the same park.

The boyfriend turns out to be a douche. Ruffalo gives up on love. Amy Adams realizes she loves Mark just as he is about to go to London to work at some well paying but not environmentally friendly gig. She finds him at the airport. She is afraid to speak. He is in line for boarding. He looks up and sees her. He can't speak either. (We may want the soundtrack on here...) They run together. They laugh. They cry. He throws the plane ticket on the floor. He's not normally that rude but that shows you what a moment it is.

Cue Celine Dion or whoever is doing her schtick now.

I'm still working on a title.

said E on April 24, 2009 8:28 PM.

We need some filler between the dog park and the air port so, for the moment I am thinking: Wacky friends. Deep conversations about the nature of love with good friend, possibly in front of fire place while holding mug of herbal tea with two hands. Bars. Kitchens with granite counter tops and copper pots hanging from the ceiling. Dipshot boss.

It's all good. I don't want to get too hung up on the particulars just yet...

said E on April 24, 2009 8:31 PM.

Wait, haven't I seen this before, like one kajillion of times before?

E, I think you've been working in Hollywood writing romantic comedies...

Uh, for a filler, you should add some arguing... the heart breaking kind. They have to put in a fight so big that the girls in the theather will cry a waterfall of feelings, thinking that they'll end up tore apart because of a stupid fight.

What if the story starts in the spring--when they met each other--, they get more acquaintance during the summer, and it's autumn ending, almost winter, when he's going to London.
What about: "The Seasons of Love"?
I don't have a catch phrase.

And that's why he's going to London. He was just about to drop this promotion in London to propose to her, but after the fight he has lost all the hope, especially when he sees her kissing her douche boyfriend.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 9:59 PM.

Oh, Mr. Echowood. Thank you very much. Now James Van Praagh will sacare the shit out of me in my nightmares. That look in his eyes... that smile... god damn. I can't sleep tonight.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 11:06 PM.

Hmmmm--I think you boys have all watched your own guilty pleasure romantic comedies, because you know plotlines very well.

Although RomComs are like MadLibs--insert actor, actress, and different locale. Plus whether she has a cat or dog.

said sarcastic one on April 24, 2009 11:37 PM.

What don't we do for our women?

I have had worse than romantic comedies. I went to the cinema to watch Titanic three fuckin' times.
Next life, I'll promise this kind of madness for only one of the girls I'm dating.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 24, 2009 11:49 PM.

Seasons of Love. Awesome. That totally works.

Ok they need to have some sort of fight....

Heres one scenario:
They become friends but they *accidentally* sleep together one night after a few too many drinks. Amy thinks they should become distant so as to save her relationship with douche boy (I'm thinking Russell Brand here). There's one fight scene there.

So Amy's hanging out with Russell but it's looking like hes not the one. He's got some jerk band and they're gonna go on tour and he can't even see how that would be a problem for her. She Thinks About Life. Reminsces. Those lovely Spring days with Ruffalo. The puppies. Maybe she's the one afraid of getting hurt now?

She gets up one day and looks through her purse. There's a letter from Ruffalo. Oh. My. God! How long has that been there? She totally forgot about it! She reads it, her mouth open in shock. After their fight Ruff wrote to tell her how wonderful he thinks she is and that he can't stand being anywhere near her, if he can't *really* be with her. It is simply too painful. He wishes her the best. He has to go to London now even though his heart really isn't in
it. All I Want Is You by U2 is playing in the background. She realizes that he's on his way to the airport right now! // Cut to airport scene.

Gonna have to add some jokes in here. May need to save them til we find out who the director is. Nora Ephron we go one way, Amy Heckerling we go another.

said E on April 25, 2009 12:01 AM.

You know. I don't have a blanket proscription against 'chic flicks'. I liked - Fried Green Tomatoes, Boys on the Side, Officer and a Gentleman. Good stuff. Echo though, I don't know about his taste.

said E on April 25, 2009 12:05 AM.

Just so you guys know, the Rent folks may have some sort of claim to "Seasons of Love" since it is one of the biggest songs from the play/movie.

And don't forget, you can't get through security to go to the gate anymore in most U.S. airports anymore...which cuts out all of those dramatic scenes (how many times did Friends use that in their 10 seasons?).

said sarcastic one on April 25, 2009 12:12 AM.

No matter how, but we should keep it far from Meg Ryan's sight.
She's not on the age to star on this story, but she could produce it (and call Tom Hanks to co-produce), and may God save our souls if she does it.

Maybe she can play Ruffalo's older sister, who gives him wise advices, tell him not to give up on Amy, nag nag nag nag, and she answers the phone when Amy calls his apartment.
She says that her brother is heading to the airport--which is nearer from his apartment than from Amy's.
As they hang up, Meg gives a hug in his husband Tom, who she has married twice.
Amy rushes to the airport. Insert all clichés. The foreigner taxi driver called Saif Butt who barely understands English and Amy has to mimic a plane to make him understand where she wants to go.
Then comes the elder with a walker crossing the street, the rush, maybe a maximum pile-up jamming the traffic, and the running scene.
She has to run in slow motion, and when she reaches the gate she sees him--only his back--fading in the shadows, going to the finger to enter the plane.

Now we have another intersection point.

Hypothesis 1: Ruffalo comes back from the boarding gate, Amy is turning around to go back home. He walks to her, puts a hand on her shoulder and says that he had heard her voice calling him and had to get back, nag nag nag...

Hypothesis 2: In fact--and the camera shows it later--she had seen a guy very similiar to Ruffalo, but not him. She puts her face on the window, a tear runs down her face as she sees the plane taking off. She senses a presence and when she turns around, Ruffalo is looking at her with that "you came for me" smile on his face. She drops her purse, he drops his baggage, they walk to each other and embrace.

Both options lead to one of those scenes when the camera keeps going round and round around them while they promise eternal love, never get apart, wah wah wah...

The girlfriends on the cinema start crying out loud, telling that THAT is a real man, a real boyfriend, point at her bf's face and ask why he's not like Ruffalo... Oh hell...

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 25, 2009 12:26 AM.

They've made it a lot, Sarcky.

Now that you said, either we ask them permission for using the title--great song, by the way, I've seen Rent--or come out with a new name.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 25, 2009 12:31 AM.

Leo...
only change I would make is to replace the taxi driver with Saif's twin...I think the drama of whether Ci'Moor could get to the airport while continuing to urinate would add the extra tension the scene needs....

said sarcastic one on April 25, 2009 12:32 AM.

Deal.

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 25, 2009 12:34 AM.

You got it down Leo.

The older sister. Nice touch. She helps ground the picture. The ladies can relate to her... If this was like 15 years ago we could do it with John and Joan Cusak. John has a way with the ladies.

"The foreigner taxi driver called Saif Butt [GENIUS] who barely understands English and Amy has to mimic a plane to make him understand where she wants to go." - That. Is. In.

I'm down with hypothesis 2 and rotating camera. Big ups.

We get that reaction from the female demographic, one word - money.

said E on April 25, 2009 12:42 AM.

If only we could make it happen AND get a good share from the revenue...

Now let me go to sleep... it's almost 2 a.m. and I have some nightmares waiting for me... like Dudley Moore for example...

said Leonardo Carvalho on April 25, 2009 12:48 AM.

Echo, you need to go see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0821640/
and tell me how it is.

BTW, McCaughnehey (sp) seems to be getting a little typecast here. Needs to do more stuff like Frailty. Got to maintain your credibilty.

said E on April 26, 2009 11:06 PM.

10. Slow Dancing In the Big City (1977) Sovino as Jimmy Breslin-type falling for a ballerina with bone damage.
9. Savage Messiah (1972) Helen Mirren's boobs! Henri Gautier's bio.
8. The Three Stooges Meet Hercules...Their best work
7. The Mysterians...from the folks who brought us Frankenstein Conquers the World.
6. Marat/Sade...Glenda Jackson's debut, the ultimate whacked out flick.
5. Don't Drink the Water...Woody's first film, except he didn't star or or direct
4. Brain Donors...Turturro's funniest film
3. The Flesh Eaters...best 50's monster flick; director immed went into porn in the 70's
2. Tenaka's Black Jack, the motion picture...touching, brilliant, animated.
1. Full Metal Alchemist: Return to Shamballa...same

said G on May 3, 2009 7:04 AM.