It's all in the filling

Krispy-Kreme-Patisserie-LRG.jpg.jpeg

Once again, I'm reminded why I miss dear old Blighty, not least for the sumptuous Food Halls of Harrods and Selfridges. I read with envy of a new line of patisserie-style Krispy Kreme donuts coming out there for Easter including the "stylish Belgian Chocolate; filled with rich Belgian chocolate, hand dipped in silky smooth chocolate icing and topped with a white chocolate fan".

Can someone please send the YBNBY team a care package?

1. They always look better in those pictures.
2. The Tri-State area doesn't have Kripsy Kreme. (They spelled crispy and creme wrong too - hurrumph).

said E on March 30, 2009 12:29 AM.

2 Was a question not a statement. My bad.

said E on March 30, 2009 12:32 AM.

Hi - this is Jason with Edelman Digital PR in the UK. Krispy Kreme is our client here - and I couldn't help but notice your call for a care package. Drop me a line and we'll see what we can arrange. :) (I would have just emailed you, but I wasn't sure if the 'webmaster@' email would go through.)

PS - I've been reading YBNBY for months now completely apart from the work I do for my clients, and it's one of my 'must read' blogs in my RSS feed. Keep up the great work!!

said Jason Mical on March 30, 2009 8:20 AM.

You had me at Selfridge's and Harrod's, you lost me at Krispy Kreme.

maybe it's their name...but cream that's crispy sounds like a medical issue.

said sarcastic one on March 30, 2009 10:03 AM.

Can you get these in the US? I'd sell my mother for a Belgian Chocolate ;)

said redhandles on March 30, 2009 2:02 PM.

SO, Krispy Kreme donuts are sooo good. And pretty hard to find, at least in Northern NJ :) Dunkin Donuts may have great coffee, but their donuts suck butt.

said CindylovesScara on March 30, 2009 5:09 PM.

Cindy, I'm in Krispy Kreme land...while the glazed donuts are the devil's calling card if procured while the "hot now" sign is on, and the apple cinnamon flavor is acceptable, the rest of their product line is teeth rottingly sweet (I love sugar--but I can literally feel my fillings disintegrating when I eat the vanilla creme filled flavor).
And besides a few iced coffee drinks a la Cinnabon, they have no good coffee.

Then again, I'm biased--Dunkin Donuts is part of what I would ask for as my last meal if I was going to the electric chair (not their glazed variety though--they're just ordinary). But like any donut, they have to be really fresh. I would still take a stale DD donut over a fresh filled KK donut.

And if I had to buy any donut in the supermarket, I would choose Entenmann's.

said sarcastic one on March 30, 2009 11:42 PM.