99 Seinfeld References

seinfeldart.jpg

Seinfeld may have been about nothing, but there was plenty in it... pop cultural references, recurring themes, self-referential jokes, and auxiliary characters. Now you can relive all that silliness in this artwork from Kiersten Essenpreis. There are 99 things about Seinfeld to find in this. If you can't identify them all, there's a reference key.

Update: The artist's website seems to have succumbed to high traffic. You can click the picture here to make it bigger, but I didn't copy the reference key.

Update 2: The original website is back up! For the moment. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope she can sell some posters to cover the bandwidth charges.

(via Neatorama)

This is too cool--the doll that looks like George's mom, the envelopes that killed his fiancee', the Assman license plate that accidentally went to Kramer, the puffy shirt, the spongeworthiness...(no, I didn't cheat and look at the link)
Man, I miss that show...

Miss C, I just wish you had left out the link so we had to ID them all on our own...

said sarcastic one on March 29, 2009 9:51 AM.

I see one pretty big error.

said Tim on March 29, 2009 12:36 PM.

What?

said sarcastic one on March 29, 2009 12:51 PM.

The cashmere sweater. The red dot was on the bottom right side, down by the waist.

said Tim on March 29, 2009 12:55 PM.

It is--it's right next to Jerry's head.

I'm not quite sure what the red thing on the upper left shoulder is.

and how do you know that????

said sarcastic one on March 29, 2009 12:56 PM.

ahhh...according to our chart/cheatsheet, it's the AIDS ribbon...as in the one that Kramer refused to wear when the AIDS walk was in NYC

said sarcastic one on March 29, 2009 12:57 PM.

Damn! You're right. (Baier, please note correct use of apostrophe.)

I missed that because of low resolution ... my eyes, not my monitor.

See, even I couldn't see that spot. I'm such a George. I should have realized that it wasn't the spot simply because of how big it is. AIDS ribbon, damnit.

said Tim on March 29, 2009 1:04 PM.

Well guys, it looks like you're on your own for now. The artist's site has blown its bandwidth, so there will be no cheating on your guesses.

said Miss Cellania on March 29, 2009 11:55 PM.

its back up and running!

said Wiley on March 30, 2009 1:13 AM.

too easy

said Joe on March 30, 2009 12:21 PM.

Some of these could be multiple episodes. For example the dead birds on the ground. These could be from the Miss America episode when Jerry kills her magic pigeons. Or these could be from the episode where George runs over the pigeons in his car and in the park when running. Debateable....

said Bob on March 30, 2009 2:22 PM.

Other things I found that are debateable.... the bagels look more like donuts which would be from Dinkie's donuts where Joe DiMaggio was eating.

said Bob on March 30, 2009 2:28 PM.

Bob, so I'm guessing you live somewhere where Lender's are the only bagels available...
because to me, those look like poppy seed, pumpernickel, egg, everything, salt and sesame bagels. I don't see any jelly or pastel sprinkles...

said sarcastic one on March 30, 2009 3:01 PM.

sexy sarcastic one.... I think it could be debateable on a few different ones thats all. They could be bagels or donuts, bagels and donuts are pretty similar. Just like the small sandwich in the bottom left could be chicken salad on rye from the opposite episode and he orders the complete opposite of his usual. Which then Jerry points out it should have been Salmon instead of chicken salad.

said Bob on March 30, 2009 6:27 PM.

Ah, but it was a much bigger revelation that Kramer was actually on strike from the bagel shop all of those years--a bigger deal than when we found out he actually had a first name.

In addition, bagels and donuts may both be carbs with a center element missing, but the similarity ends there. Density, flavor, ability to survive the freezer--for all intents and purposes, they might as well be cats and dogs (both housepets that will snuggle in your lap, but you try dressing up a cat and walking it around the neighborhood--just not going to happen).

If the artist meant them to be donuts, she would have mixed it up with jelly filled and traditional holed varieties. Instead, they all have holes.

thanks for the addition to my name, btw.

said sarcastic one on March 30, 2009 11:57 PM.

Never argue the virtues of bagels with a girl from Long Island.

Let's make it a rule.

said Tim on March 31, 2009 12:11 AM.

wow, Jerry looks just like David Duchovny in this picture.

said easy on November 5, 2009 2:26 AM.