The Dark Bale Strikes Again

t4johnconnor.jpg

You thought Batman was scary? He ain't got nothing on Christian Bale, as this MP3 - recorded on the set of the new Terminator movie shows, care of TMZ. If I had the time and energy, I'd do a mashup of this and the Alec baldwin answerphone message. Classic.

(I think the above image is a recreation of the actual scene)

I think this is a monologue from Empire of the Sun.

said Echowood on February 2, 2009 6:02 PM.

Dude's pissed cause some grip or lightening guy was fucking up his scene and distracting him.
He may have gone completely dickish on this hapless teamster but he has a point.

I wanted to hate Bale when the clip started, but I don't.

said Baierman on February 2, 2009 6:48 PM.

Jesus. I can see the guy getting ticked but he doesn't have to go off for all that long. Just say it once and get back to work. What did he expect the guy to say anyway? Fucking Prima Donna. Yelling at people who can't yell back is a pussy move. Go back to beating up your mother douche.

BMan, was it a grip? I thought it was the DP, director of photography.

said E on February 2, 2009 7:02 PM.

BTW, Christian, I know your reading this. The Joker was right. Don't take yourself too seriously. You make cartoon movies for fucks sake. Your not a rocket scientist here buddy.

said E on February 2, 2009 7:04 PM.

I will never see a movie with this cocksucker in it. He's a fucking disgrace.

said Nobody on February 2, 2009 9:36 PM.

Ever wonder how he plays such twisted characters so well?

The guy is just plain bent, but a hell of an actor. As for not seeing any movies with this guy in them? meh, if it's a good movie why not? i go to the movies to be entertained. I could care less if the whole cast and crew are pod people as long as they can act. Whether or not an actor is a jackass in real life doesn't even enter into the equation.

said Sheriff Pablo on February 3, 2009 7:47 AM.

I'm glad I only saw the dakr knight for Ledger's great performance, sure Bale was ok...
Def won't go watch any more of his films if this is what he is like, sure TMZ article say he was having a bad day but i don't see no public apology?!?!

And where were the directors/producers? I thought there in charge not the actors, someone should have told him to STFU they woulda got mega respect

said mart on February 3, 2009 8:32 AM.

Anybody with his level of talent is bound to have a few screws loose.

said Marion Cobretti on February 3, 2009 9:22 AM.

Dude needs to get back in the f*cking Batmobile, drive his ass back to the f*cking Batcave and get some f*cking manners. Jerkoff.

Bad day? Please. What a wanker. Wasn't there some incident months ago where he was arrested after going off on his mother and sister? Its all making sense now.

We're bound to hear some public apology now since its been released the public. Christ, he'll probably check into rehab. Douche.

said CindylovesScara on February 3, 2009 9:51 AM.

I'm with Baierman on this one. I mean, Big Deal, Christian Bale isn't the Dhali Lama...

I mean geez, lighten up Francis.

said LostInDaJungle on February 3, 2009 10:01 AM.

Uh, I could be totally wrong about this but it sounds like this is an ACTOR yelling at the Director of PHOTOGRAPHY for screwing up "his" scene.

If the lighting was wrong, the scene was already screwed up before the DP stepped in to adjust it. I've been on a handful of sets before. When there's a technical glitch, it actually makes sense to fix the glitch while the camera rolls, so that you at least get a decent representation of what the final scene will look like. Also, such adjustments don't necessarily "ruin" the scene.

The fact that he can't act through such a distraction isn't horrible. But his conduct is. I find it laughable that he can completely lose all poise and professionalism in a critique of the DP's "professionalism."

It IS disappointing to have a shot wrecked, especially if the actor felt he was particularly "on." But that's why they shoot in digital these days. It costs nothing but time to do it over. A real "pro" would know that.

I don't even mind that he yelled at the guy. It happens. But they are both hired help. It is audacious for Bale to call for the DP's job.

said Don't Swayze Bro on February 3, 2009 10:13 AM.

P.S. - Pretty sure Bale just won the 2009 Douche Off, going away: http://www.baratsandbereta.com/videos.html

said Don't Swayze Bro on February 3, 2009 10:15 AM.

Am I the only person that listens to this and think 'fuck Bale is the man!'?
I mean, not only does he make great movies like The Machinist, American Psycho, The Prestige, Batman and more, but he knows what he wants and doesn't take shit.
LEGEND.
You tell them what time it is Bale. I'll still watch your kick ass films.

said Frank the Tank on February 3, 2009 11:36 PM.

Frank I'd give him credit if he was cussing out someone who was in a position to fight back. Since he's the star, the other guy just has to take it. And take it, and take it. You're entitled to you're opinion. I still call him a pussy. He tried that where I work and he'd get his pretty boy actor ass kicked.

said E on February 4, 2009 12:33 AM.

I'm sure Pacino has had similar outbursts but he doesn't work with dickless and vindictive cunts that leak it to the media.
Any profession where your getting paid $20,000,000 for sixth months work is bound to spark tension and ego.
I agree Bale is a dick and I wouldn't much like to have him in my house but he gets paid to entertain me and he's good at it.
I try and separate the art from the artist unless they touch kids.
I still think "Off The Wall" was a great album but.

said Chad on February 4, 2009 2:20 AM.

"he make great movies like The Machinist, American Psycho"

how apt...

said mart on February 4, 2009 4:39 AM.