Rule out with your Brule out!

I'm going to check out Tim and Eric Awesome Tour 2009! tonight, and since I seriously doubt superstar John C. Reilly is part of the live touring act (Or is he? Scroll all the way to the bottom after the jump, superfans!), I decided to soothe my disappointment by OD'ing on Dr. Steve Brule and getting it all out of my system beforehand.

Here are but a few of my favorite clips of Channel 5's resident health expert...

What are bones made of?

Sweet berry wine!

Later that day...what goes in the hole comes out the hole!

Kill 'Em with Kindness

It's like havin' a summer house, for your body!

And actually, Dr. Steve Brule DID make an appearance at the live show at the Vic Theater in Chicago a couple weeks ago...and brought the house down.

Here's some shaky audience-cam via YouTube...if you're a Dr. Steve Brule fan (Brule-ite? Brulean?) it's worth checking out, though:

I still don't understand how people can watch Tim and Eric. Its got to be one of the worst shows on television. And now its live. Shoot me now.

said kbk on February 6, 2009 6:16 PM.

Took a while to understand their humor, but now is is one of my favorite shows! and BRule on Wine is the reason! Best skit ever!

said Keo on February 6, 2009 7:48 PM.

Yeah, I'd say they're definitely not for everybody. I dig the show, and even still, there are some bits that I just can't stomach or don't get. ("Casey and His Brother" comes to mind.)

I first channel-flipped onto them during one of David Leibe Hart's weird puppet songs and had a serious "WTF?" moment. Been watching them ever since, though.

said Jeem on February 7, 2009 10:45 AM.

I feel like these are a weird train-wreck combination of intentional faked imperfection and intentional randomness, with a good sprinkling of 80s reference humor thrown in. I don't find them amusing, but they are oddly compelling. D:

said Eddy on February 7, 2009 11:27 AM.

This is the greatest show ever, which is made even better when you watch it whilst baked! The episode "Brownie Mountain" made me feel like Timothy Leary himself was using my skull as a vessel for spinach and artichoke dip.

They are brilliant, all of you are brilliant. For your health!

said Troy on February 7, 2009 12:22 PM.

Eddy, I think that's a pretty great summation of what they're about.

Troy, they played some clips last night from the new season I think you will definitely enjoy.

said Jeem on February 7, 2009 2:10 PM.

I love the "sitting down to pee" skit.

These guys are creative, and funny. But even for someone like me (who enjoys this kind of stuff) they can be a bit too much.

said Jimbo on February 7, 2009 2:21 PM.

That definitely looks weird. And I can see how it would improve with weed. I feel slightly high just watching some of the clips.

said E on February 7, 2009 3:06 PM.