Just a few more hours...

That's all the time he's got...

(JUST A LITTLE UPDATE)

updatecllock.jpg

Follow the countdown here.

countdown-thing.jpg

I remember seeing 1/20/2009 - End of an Error bumper stickers around a couple of years ago.

It's been a long wait. No mas Cheney, Gonzalez, etc. This occasion calls for a drink.

said E on January 19, 2009 1:08 PM.

Get out your Kleenex, Baier...you're gonna need them....

said sarcastic one on January 19, 2009 1:08 PM.

so bush is leaving to be replaced with Barack Obama. I wish Obama well, but forgive me if i'm a bit skeptical that he'll really change anything. I was born in 1978. So far I've lived through Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II: the sequel. They all promised really great things and they all had mixed results. (Except Clinton...He was a straight up pimp)

So Good luck barry, try not to fuck up too badly! The Sheriff is rootin' for ya...

said Sheriff Pablo on January 19, 2009 1:09 PM.

"try not to fuck up too badly" - I think that's excellent advice for any President. And a line at which all others should be judged.

great words Pablo

said Baierman on January 19, 2009 1:14 PM.

Sheriff, I'm not saying that our first Hawaiian president (what I'm referring to him from now on as, because I'm tired of people arguing about whether he's "really" black) will cure all our ills...but I'm looking forward to his speeches--he can string words together that make sense!!!

Woo hoo!

If that's not change, I don't know what is!

said sarcastic one on January 19, 2009 1:16 PM.

When Bush was 'elected' in 2000 I was trying to look on the bright side and tell myself that he couldn't fuck things up too badly. I misunderestimated him.

I'm just glad to see the dude go.

said E on January 19, 2009 1:20 PM.

"Try not to Fuck up too badly" is what i tell myself in the mirror every morning B.

It gets me through the day.

said Sheriff Pablo on January 19, 2009 2:30 PM.

If Obama gets flu over night and can't come into work, does Bush have to work ANOTHER day?

said Julian Meteor on January 19, 2009 4:42 PM.

Oh, please, just go already. And don't let the White House door hit you on your ass on the way out.

said Ellie on January 19, 2009 5:48 PM.

If anyone is interested, Dave is going off in praise of Bush in the forum.

said Brother Bill on January 19, 2009 7:33 PM.

Dave's entitled to his opinion. AFAIC Bush is the worst president since I've been keeping track, a time period that includes Jimmy Carter.

said E on January 19, 2009 10:27 PM.

It's so damn easy to be a cynic but the pay and benefits are shit. I was born in 75 and I don't remember any president elect being as precise with their optimism as Obama is. Sure the rhetoric is there but for me it's overshadowed by his vision, work ethic and character. He's proved these points post election. I'm jaded enough not to set myself up for disappointment but I think that hope is a good thing and I'm hopeful that he's the innovator he claims to be.

said Chad on January 20, 2009 6:46 AM.

I thought he seemed ok. Quite a nice guy actually.
VERY funny to look at though lmao

said Julian Meteor on January 20, 2009 8:24 AM.