Product naming genius (or not)

photo1.jpg

Just got back from a family shopping expedition at Target, and happened to see on a shelf together both the best and worst product names I've seen in a long time. I doubt very much it was the same genius who cam up with both.

photo.jpg

Trying to think of a better name that 'rimming sugar'. Cocktail sugar?
Depends on what you use it for I guess..
If people actually by that stuff you figure it's gotta be a good racket. I assume it's just sugar with possibly some flavor jacked up 400%.

Like the Soap and Glory logo.

said E on December 6, 2008 1:50 PM.

which ones the bad one? Because personally, motherpucker is genius..

said KS on December 6, 2008 10:37 PM.

The rimming sugar reminds me of a blog post I read recently poking fun at ass bleaching cream, which I'm sure you can imagine opens up a can of questions you'd rather not consider. I'm fairly certain the sugar product people weren't marketing to the ass bleachers, but you really can't outrun the thought by using the word 'rimming'.

Back to the drawing board, folks.

said Trouble on December 7, 2008 5:41 AM.

I personally enjoy shopping at Target (certainly as opposed to visiting the WalMartians) but I've always felt they were a little .. what's the word .. "gay-centric". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But I think the Rimming Sugar tends to add credence to my claim.

My question would be, is Rimming Sugar just a holiday item or do they stock it all year around? These things are important to know so one can stock up if necessary.

said Will on December 7, 2008 7:37 AM.

Rimming Sugar is a seasonal item, so stock up guys!

Soap and Glory is just clever. And it's a pretty awesome line.

said A Target Team Member on December 7, 2008 3:54 PM.

I saw this yesterday. My 3-year-old kept asking what was so funny.

said Sherry on December 8, 2008 2:35 PM.