Today's the day

Voting Booth 5.jpg

Let's get to it, people.

I voted at 6:15 and have NEVER seen a line like this where I vote. (this is rural Kentucky). I asked the poll workers about the line and they said they had never seen anything like it either.

Kentucky is fairly safe for McCain, but I have strong hopes that our senator Mitch McConnell might be upset. The TV ads and the direct mail have been non-stop and ugly the last couple of weeks for this race.

said Brother Bill on November 4, 2008 7:49 AM.

I'm heading out to my polling place. I went about 7:30 when I took the kids to school, and was surprised to see a line. It will die down a bit after 8, when people have to be at work.

My new polling place is a Catholic church. There are 4,000 little crosses planted outside in protest of legal abortion. I knew they did the cross thing every year, but I didn't know it was a voting location before moving to this neighborhood.

said Miss Cellania on November 4, 2008 8:05 AM.

If anyone is taking photos of their polling lines, email them to me at webmaster at yesbutnobutyes dot com and I'll post them up in an end of day story.

said Scaramouch on November 4, 2008 9:44 AM.

My line wasn't bad. Only waited about half hour to vote.

Place was crowded but they had people moving. Forcast seems like a warm day in the north so I guess that means turn out in this part of the country will be big.

said Baierman on November 4, 2008 10:14 AM.

Scaramouch, for a second there, I thought you'd written "Let it go, people" (which probably would've also been appropriate).

said owl on November 4, 2008 12:17 PM.

I can't tell from this picture if it's a voting booth or a changing room.....but then I guess they're kind of the same thing

said Vicky on November 4, 2008 12:28 PM.

It's neither. It's a series of glory holes for the modest.

said Tim on November 4, 2008 12:33 PM.

Just got back from voting. There wasn't a soul in line.

Perfect.

said Tim on November 4, 2008 2:40 PM.

Tim! Glory holes for the modest!!!! You did it to me again, I'm sitting here laughing like a banshee

said Vicky on November 4, 2008 3:46 PM.

You're very welcome.

said Tim on November 4, 2008 3:58 PM.

Tim, could it be because they've spent the last 5 months raising mccain?

just playing.

said Baierman on November 4, 2008 3:59 PM.

PS - The Starbucks near my office is crowded...with homeless people getting free coffee.

said Baierman on November 4, 2008 4:00 PM.

Baier - They're all being bused in from Chicago. You know ... the I-90 tour/vote.

By the way, there's someone running for city council here with the last name Baier. And he's a man.

I'm just saying ... you're everywhere, man!

said Tim on November 4, 2008 4:14 PM.

Vote early, often and in as many states as possible. That's my motto.

Vote Baier? That's me. I need a 3rd job.

There's also a Fox news reporter named Brett Baier. No relation.

said Baierman on November 4, 2008 4:20 PM.

Maria Baier?

said Baierman on November 4, 2008 4:23 PM.

Wow! That's not the Baier to whom I was referring, but it just so happens that she is in Phoenix ... where I used to live.

It appears that everywhere I go, there's another Baier.

Jeff Baier is a city council member where I currently reside.

said Tim on November 4, 2008 4:34 PM.

Tim, do you know what happens when you spill water on Baier?

said Leonardo Carvalho on November 4, 2008 7:56 PM.

No, what happens when you spill water on Baier?

said Tim on November 4, 2008 8:15 PM.

He melts?

said E on November 5, 2008 12:57 AM.

No, he's like the Gremlins.
When he gets wet, new Baiers start popping from his back, like in the movie. You can see it in his profile's picture.

Damn... I'd better make out better jokes... hahahaha. I thought you'd figure it out when you started talking about so many Baiers around...

said Leonardo Carvalho on November 5, 2008 5:09 AM.

But we Baier's can live in the sunlight! Just don't put us near microwaves.

said Baierman on November 5, 2008 10:29 AM.