Ten Slutty Costumes not to let your daughter dress in for Halloween

no-candy-halloween-sign.jpg

According to Neatorama, Maryland are making registered sex offenders put a sign in their windows to make sure that children don't inadvertently knock on the door this Halloween and get a little more sugar than they bargained for.

Because Halloween is a holiday in which large numbers of children interact with strangers, the concern among parents and other community members about sexual offenders in their neighborhoods is naturally intensified during this time of year," Patrick McGee, interim director of the state’s Division of Parole and Probation, wrote in the Oct. 1 letter.

I can understand that, and I'm all for a system that protects children. But last year, I had the decidedly uncomfortable task of answering the door all night to young teenage girls who seemed to think they'd get the biggest grab bag if they dressed in the sluttiest costume they could find. It's an uncomfortable moment - you don't want to react, but somewhere there's that bad voice in your stomach that starts to giggle.
Fathers, I beg you - take note - DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTERS DRESS LIKE TARTS. Sheesh. Let's have a look at some of the worst examples I could find.

The Pink Leopard Dress

babyslut.jpg

I was always a fan of Josie and the Pussycats, but everything from the Steve Madden sandals to the neck choker screams "I'll be the kitty, you be the doggie" with this one. Don't let your daughter become a pussy, Mr worthington.

The Wicked Schoolgirl

200810170126.jpg

I'll admit that in my darker moments, I've often wondered about that Hermione chick from Harry Potter (who is now of legal age, I might add) but dressing your schoolgirl AS a schoolgirl - and a naughty one at that - is just asking for detention.

The Pink Kitty

200810170127.jpg

See above comments about Josie, but ten times worse. A tail and legwarmers? And another damn choker? They all call these Kitty costumes but you know they were all thinking of another word

Sheherazade

200810170129.jpg

Isn't this the temptress that got John The Baptist's head delivered to her on a plate after she did the dance of the seven veils? And what's with the halter top that lifts and separates, bringing as much attention as possible to the boob area? For shame.

Lolita

R886071.jpg

What do you want to be for Halloween this year, sweetheart?" I want to be a Lolita, Daddy". Christ almighty, do these people even understand the Lolita reference?

Jailbait

ru882032_xl.jpg

Nuff said. 10 years minimum.

Child Ravager Costume

ru882802_xl.jpg

Here's one with a very honest title - the Child Ravager." Our Child Ravager Costume features a spectacular dress with buckles." Shudder.

Police Woman

RG91465.jpg

Not to knock our girls in blue, but this isn't a child's police woman costume, it's a child's "strippergram dressed as a policewoman" costume.

The Minnie Mouse

01000322-1.detail.a.jpg

Somewhere Mickey is rolling in his grave, while the marketing people fuck Walt Disney's frozen head in it's eye socket shouting "Who's the big cheese NOW, Walt, ole biuddy?" Well, that's how I imagine it with this Minnie Mouse complete with Stay Ups.

The French Maid

17976.jpg

A French Maid? You're going to dress your pre-teen daughter as a French Maid??? OK, I'm done. There's no hope. i'm locking the doors, turning out the lights and reading me some Nabakov.

Actually, this is pretty much how the kids dress everyday!

Ever hang out at the mall outside of "Hot Topic" Stores?

said Dave's World on October 17, 2008 3:30 AM.

But...I live in Vegas where they advertise a "Mother & Daughter 2-fer-1 Special" on pole dancing classes on Mother's Day!

said Dave's World on October 17, 2008 3:34 AM.

Note to self: Do not hand out lollipops for Halloween.

said Your mom's new boyfriend on October 17, 2008 3:38 AM.

ummm, Scheherazade was the protagonist/narrator of One Thousand and One Nights, and had little or none to do with the dance of the seven veils. The one who asked for John's head was Salome. But that costume looks more like a slutty(er) Jasmine from Aladdin

said pFranks on October 17, 2008 7:38 AM.

Around here we don't have the Halloween holiday, except in some English based schools, but the girls are dressing this way on a daily basis.

I was talking about it years ago with a friend. We were on a mall having a beer while waiting his girlfriend's shopping to end.

The pre-teens were wearing so sluttish that we almost could not tell their ages. We could easily have gone into a conversation with a 14 yo girl thinking she was at least 18.

I think that parents might watch out a little better for their daughter's clothes and make-up. And this concerns directly to me as I have one 1 yo girl under my responsibility right now.

Even toddler clothes aren't the same these days. When my wife and I go to the baby stores to buy some clothing, we can see mini skirts, tops, low waist pants, micro shorts, t-shirts with insinuating stamps, all for 2~6 y.o. girls, and even baby shoes that look like little high heel shoes.

What the hell is going on on their heads? How can they sell slutty clothes even on baby size? Damn.

said Leonardo Carvalho on October 17, 2008 7:47 AM.

I love school uniforms (not the kind sold for Halloween). I have two preteen daughters with hardly any other kind of clothing to wear.

said Miss Cellania on October 17, 2008 9:34 AM.

Isn't Halloween the day that gives all ladies permission to dress like sluts?
And men to cross dress as gals too?
These costumes are just training exercises for when they grow up.

said Baierman on October 17, 2008 9:47 AM.

Good call on Salome, that is exactly what I meant.

said Scaramouch on October 17, 2008 9:48 AM.

I think they're referring to "gothic lolita", as in the popular goth Japanese fashion... Definitely not the book.

said Melody on October 17, 2008 12:17 PM.

@Miss Cellania - be aware that we have progressed well into the post-school-girl-outfit era. Such outfits have been eroticized beyond reasonable use. I'd never let my daughter wear a "typical" skirt-and-blouse uniform to school anymore.

said clvrmnky on October 17, 2008 7:55 PM.

There's an Oingo Boingo song that comes to mind here...

said Vicky on October 17, 2008 10:40 PM.

clvrmnky - Not around here, my friend. Most private schools here have uniforms. Since private schools are very common here, seeing kids wearing school uniforms after hours is common as well. In fact, most of the stores like Target, WalMart, etc ... have entire sections (quite large in August) devoted to the school uniforms for the private schools in the area.

said Tim on October 17, 2008 11:15 PM.

I feel like this page is very crude.
And your sick opinions shouldn't judge if a little girl can dress up as a police girl or a kitty.
Only the disturbed would think of little girls in that manner, and say she shouldn't be wearing that.
I don't think your approval is needed if a little girl likes josie, and wants to dress up like her.
thats the point of halloween, dress up like someone you idle or just something or someone you like.

said Sammy on October 31, 2008 5:34 PM.

So which one are you, Sammy? The jailbait?

said Scaramouch on October 31, 2008 6:47 PM.

I think that a little girl can dress as Josie, or any of the pussycats, and look as a kid in a costume.
But these costumes up here look slutty.

I've seen little girls start to dress slutty and the mothers thinking how cute they were. And years latter you have a 15 y.o. girl with a baby on her arms, not knowing what to do with that creature. And it's a chain reaction. It's a downward spiral that never reaches the bottom.

said Leonardo Carvalho on October 31, 2008 7:46 PM.

I'll take the french maid please.

said C on November 16, 2008 6:17 PM.

I only think the minnie one is slutty, the other ones are ok

said Jaci on May 16, 2009 2:06 PM.

For the record, Lolita is not only a book.
It is a Victorian-inspired Japanese teen style that is supposed to look cute and childish, but can also be gothic. It is in NO WAY related to the book, and neither is that outfit.
As an occaisonal Lolita myself, I find it offensive that some assume that it is perverse and slutty. In fact, to be a true Lolita is to be the opposite of slutty.

said toffeecupcakes on September 8, 2009 11:54 AM.

I wrote a blog about this. I HATE this, the costumes for kids are bad - way bad - but the ones for adults are skimpier than some of my underwear! I don't understand what people are thinking.

Of course, I'm thinking woo hoo we already have snow, the kids will need to wear their snow pants this year ha ha!

said Sara's Whimsy on October 15, 2009 10:24 PM.

I am a parent of 4 children aged 5 - 10 and have a 5th on the way, 2 girls 2 boys and possibly another girl, (if my wife's feelings are right) This is a touchy subject, and I think that there is a thin line between what is acceptable and not acceptable. It is not necessarily how the young girl dresses, but how she acts. But the biggest problem is how the adult perceives the Child / teenager dressed. What worries me the most is that the person who posted this article, spent time looking for pictures of young girls in these costumes and writing descriptions.

Will I have concerns when my daughters walk out the house in certain outfits, of course I am a parent. And this goes for my sons aswell. But as long as they walk out looking neat and tidy, and well presented, that is my concern.

So baggy jeans hanging half of their backside, long hair on boys, facial piercings, etc, are far worse than a well presented, neat short skirt, etc.

It is your responsibility as a parent to install the moral values in your daughters, regardless of how they dress.

said StephenP247 on October 21, 2009 9:02 AM.

I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.

said jasminlive on October 27, 2010 11:42 AM.