NBA's Josh Howard Trashes National Anthem
From the Sports Desk...

Josh Howard is a knucklehead. Talented, yes, but still a knucklehead. Without question he is. We're talking about a guy who went on the radio earlier this year and talked about he smoked marijuana in the off-season. Josh, that thing in front of you was a microphone. People are listening to the radio. Not the brightest move. He was also busted for drag racing earlier this year. Traveling 95 in a 55.

A few months ago Josh was playing in Allen Iverson's celebrity flag football game. While the National Anthem was playing, someone's camera phone was rolling. It seems Josh knew the camera was hot and he said ... well, I'll let you hear it from his mouth.

He says "'The Star Spangled Banner' is going on right now. I don't even celebrate that (expletive deleted for the kids). I'm black. Obama and all that (expletive deleted for the kids). "

I don't care what Josh Howard's opinions are. Or what he thinks about the "Star Spangled Banner." However, you would think he would be smart enough not to make those kind of comments into a camera.

Some will say that the main issue is patriotism. I would argue the real problem is stupidity.

Goodnight and good luck.

America is about freedom of speech, and the black experience in this country has been tough, so I'll give him that.

What's sad is that Josh is able to make money playing a game he supposedly loves because many brave black and white Americans took risks in their lives to overturn many of the wrongs he feels strongly about in his "protest".

Josh, like most young Americans, is oblivious to real pain, so they create slights to "be real".

said girard31 on September 17, 2008 8:49 PM.

It only shows that money can't buy brains....but if I was a pro-athlete (hahahahaha---in another lifetime, maybe), I would be the MOST patriotic one out there--because this great nation allows grown-ups to receive obscene paychecks for recess activities.

As a team owner, I would institute a policy that slaps a fine on any player that makes my (our) team look bad. And I would take away playing time on the court, field, whatever surface we use. And make them do something embarrassing---oh wait, he already embarrassed himself when he opened his mouth.

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 8:54 PM.

"As a team owner, I would institute a policy that slaps a fine on any player that makes my (our) team look bad."

What if having such a policy makes your team look bad? I'm trying to think, is there a word that describes such a situation?

said strathmeyer on September 17, 2008 9:14 PM.

ironic?
what do you mean strathameyersmith? like having sucha policy acknowledges //?

said notjohndoe2 on September 17, 2008 9:25 PM.

The reason that pro-athletes can get away with stupid behavior is that they are babied--they think that they are irreplaceable. And if you ask the many, many guys who never get drafted, they would disagree.

The slaps on the wrist that are handed out are ridiculous. The owners are the equivalent of wives who get cheated on and look the other way because the husband brings in a big fat paycheck. Everyone knows about the behavior, but it is accepted or overlooked.
Run a tight ship and you won't be embarrassed.

I think that athletes deserve money--because without their talent the team won't make money. BUT that doesn't mean the front office and coaching staff should bend over and take whatever behavior a player wants to dish out. There need to be repercussions for bad and stupid behavior.

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 9:32 PM.

What a knucklehead this guy is.

he should be forced to play every game next season with a live chicken stuffed up his ass.

Fuckin' Douchebag.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 17, 2008 9:37 PM.

my questions are--
what did the poor chicken do to deserve that?
what if the unpatriotic blankety-blank enjoyed that and it just spurred him to repeat his behavior?

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 9:40 PM.

It's a free country so he can say that. Feel free to go somewhere that has a greater respect for your rights. Might I suggest Sudan or Nigeria?

I'm entitled to my opinion as well - this dude is a dipshit, surrounded by syncophants who only listen to him or hang out with him cause he's always buying the weed. Fuck him.

said E on September 17, 2008 9:57 PM.

Trade him for Hamed Ehadadi

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 10:10 PM.

I meant to say to trade him to Iran--not to the Grizzlies.

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 10:12 PM.

What if it was a Jiihadist Iranian Chicken?

With a spiked collar around his neck.

Actually, maybe we could make him enlist. Give him an m16 and send him to iraq. See how he feels about the national anthem after (if) he gets back.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 17, 2008 10:21 PM.

He might enjoy it...

Eh---I see friendly fire in his future...and our servicemen deserve better than to be stuck with him--once again, it begs the what did they do to deserve this question....

How about a locked room with Chavez (from Venezuela) and Castro in his prime? No, wait, they all agree we suck.

How about let him play out the season but pay him minimum wage--so he appreciates how good he has it? (and how much it takes for real people to be able to afford to pay to see him play)
Or...pay him his regular salary but hold it in escrow until he goes through bootcamp...in August...in Oklahoma.

As as owner I'd make my guys do community service--the real, pick up trash from the side of the highway, feed people in a soup kitchen, babysit for the woman in Arkansas that has 18 kids, contact with reality kind. Face it, it's the same sentence they'd get for committing crimes.

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 10:35 PM.

Actually the best punishment for guys like this would be to fire him from the team, and make sure nobody pays any attention to him anymore.

These guys crave the spotlight like crackheads looking for their next rock.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 17, 2008 10:40 PM.

Firing him would make you the bad guy...
instead, put a moratorium on any coverage of him off the court--like the way the press decided to take a Paris Hilton break a year or so ago.

actually, not a bad idea for Hollywood, either...

Cover them when they are actually acting, or when they are doing charity work. Period. No following them to and from bars, Starbucks, premieres; no paying attention to who they're screwing this week, etc...

Society would prosper because poor people would get the donations and attention they deserve.

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 10:53 PM.

Or you could just forward his salary to Habitat for humanity...

said Sheriff Pablo on September 17, 2008 10:54 PM.

You have to be careful with non-payment of salary issues because then you get lawyers involved--and agents...

How about we make him build the houses and pay him when he's done--as long as he doesn't light up or act unpatriotic while working? National anthem will be sung every morning before work commences--hand over heart, head bowed, no smartass remarks spoken...

said sarcastic one on September 17, 2008 11:03 PM.

How about giving him cement shoes and throw him from a bridge.I know what you're feeling... Our overpayed footballers, when playing in the national team, when the camera goes close-up during the national anthem, you can see them only moving lips.
Not even near of syncing with the lyrics. All right, our anthem's lyrics are almost "Stairway to Heaven" sized, but we listen to it since we are kids... come on...

And this guy, he needs to be thrown on the pit of Hades.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 17, 2008 11:30 PM.

If Howard's was on my team I'd be trying to trade him right now. He's all about bringing attention to himself as opposed to helping the team out. That attitude that he's showing there is gonna show up for Dallas. Rodman was, in a way, an excellent player too, but you wanna get people to work with him?

said E on September 18, 2008 12:08 AM.

I think it's time again for Johnny to open up the pit so we can say who and what we would throw into it....

said sarcastic one on September 18, 2008 12:08 AM.

And another area for what and who to keep...

said sarcastic one on September 18, 2008 12:09 AM.

Maybe we need to do another round of A Pit of Hades.

said Johnny Wright on September 18, 2008 8:25 AM.

I've got plenty of folks on my new Pit of Hades list Rev, and it just grew by one person.

Josh Howard is unfortunately another professional athelete who is in desperate need of a bitch slap due to unprofessionalism. Yes, he's a talented athelete, but it doesn't mean much when you appear to be missing grey matter in the dome. I applauded the NBA for imposing a dress code and I'd like to see other franchises follow suit. It's a step in the right direction. Corporations prohibit careless behavior of their employees, impose dress codes, and require professional representation of their company. This is no different.

Yes, Mr. Howard has the freedom to state his opinion, but he does not have the freedom to potentially damage the team that pays him (you can yell "fire", but you shouldn't do it in a crowded theater).

To the pit he goes...

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 18, 2008 8:40 AM.

Okay. As you wish.

Coming Soon to a Computer Screen Near You: A second installment of Cast Into the Pit of Hades.

said Johnny Wright on September 18, 2008 9:03 AM.

Maybe we could also keep a permanent Pit of Hades in the forum.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 18, 2008 9:55 AM.

Douche Bag.

said Dave on September 18, 2008 10:39 AM.

"Obama and all that Crap" should be a bumper sticker. I'm sure Barack is just glowing after hearing such thoughtful support.

Yeah, this millionaire owes nothing to a country whose very fiber and intent protects his right to make a complete ass of himself.

Bill Russell would kick his teeth in.

The notion that somehow blackness requires you to claim an exemption from patriotism is retarded.

Tell that to Salem Poor. Tell that to Prince Esterbrooks and Peter Williams. Tell that to Jordan Noble, to Jordan Freeman, to Crispus Attucks.

Tell that to the 54th Massachusetts Infantry, you lazy ignorant heel.

Tell that to Seargent Bill Carney. Pompey Factor.

Tell that to those who took San Juan Hill. Who went to France in WWI.

Tell it to Dorrie Miller. The 92nd Infantry. Tell Vernon Baker, you treasonous, pathetic waste of God-given talent.

Tell the Triple Nickel, the Tuskegee Airmen, Milton Oliver, Colin Powell.

Hell, tell Martin Luther King, you slothful, illiterate baby. Even he would probably make an exception to non-violence. Just this once.

said Don't Swayze Bro on September 18, 2008 10:47 AM.

Don't Swayze Bro just gave me a bonner.

said Dave on September 18, 2008 11:35 AM.

Swayze is bringing the A game today. Atta kid...

JW

said Johnny Wright on September 18, 2008 1:02 PM.

i think he's kinda confused, the star spangled banner stands for something wonderful, he might just be angered at the gov't today, yknow?
hey-- theres a johnny walker here isnt there, is that the same johnny walker thats a comedian comin to my school?

said notjohndoe2 on September 18, 2008 2:46 PM.

I remember being in the second grade refusing to say the pledge. It didn't sound right to me. Liberty and justice for all...One nation under God? Indivisible? That pledge does not define America..it didn't make sense at the age of 8 and at the age of 22 it's still bullshyt.

As for Josh Howard and the National Anthem, I completely understand. I'm a minority and the troops in Iraq are NOT fighting for MY freedom. Black and White civil rights activists fought and died for my freedom within America. Those troops are doing their job on behalf of Bush and the Iraqi people..whom I don't give a damn about.

The only reason we (minorities) have rights is because of the damn civil rights movement! The original drafting of the Constitution magically exlcuded everything that wasn't white! And if you think we as AMERICANS have rights, think again! Thank your wonderful president and read into that damn PATRIOT ACT. I can't wait to see your faces after they install those damn tracking devices onto the driver's license by the end of 2012!

America is full of a bunch loyal morons and out of touch citizens! If you all were not living in the friendly version of the matrix you'd understand where Josh Howard was coming from!

said Meagan on September 18, 2008 4:25 PM.

*Dave pissing all over Meagan*

said Dave on September 18, 2008 4:35 PM.

Yeah, because, as we all know, liberty started in 1964. Get a clue Meagan. This has nothing to do with Iraq, and I'm SHOCKED that the Patriot Act SkyNet didn't vaporize your keyboard as you typed your screed.

Of course, that oversight can't possibly be evidence that maybe you don't exactly live in the oppressive regime that gives you the excuse for underachievement.

This isn't a black issue. This is a Josh Howard issue. I'd love to be there the day he smokes the last of his millionaire stash and has to answer to his black American forefathers who fought like hell (and a lot longer than before 1964) for his right to become rich and adored.

Trust me, you and he aren't living anywhere NEAR the same side of the Matrix. Don't pretend to know where he's coming from, even though we both can guess where he's going.

said Don't Swayze Bro on September 18, 2008 4:50 PM.

"And if you think we as AMERICANS have rights, think again". You have, and are using the right to be a douche.

"America is full of a bunch loyal morons and out of touch citizens" Ooh Snap!

said E on September 18, 2008 4:50 PM.

Meagan rarely do I refer to a woman as a Douche Bag, but today you earned it.
We are One nation.
I don't know if you remember September 11th, but I remember that day. I remember a nation that came together. Political lines were gone as we as a nation joined together we were one, and we will continue to be one.
As a nation do we have our differences? Absolutely, that is what makes our country so great.
The war.. You elected the officials that sent us to war. We all did. You have a chance to change that. Do you vote?
What do you do, and what have you done to make America your ideal?
Thats right you sit on your fat ass crying about shit without doing a damn thing about it.
"And if you think we as AMERICANS have rights, think again!"
How far have you ever traveled out of the U.S.? Ever been to Sudan?
Take your dumbass to North Korea and tell them you would like to vote on policy or officials, see what happens.
Or even better you should fly your dumbass to China and see how far you can express your opinion.
You can cry all you want, with your distorted perception of reality. We live in the U.S. You absolutely have that right.
I also have the right to call you an ungrateful douche bag.

I liked this:

Meagan, as a nation and as a people we have progressed and will continue to progress.
The only reason any of us have rights is because of the Revolutionary War.
Oh and then the Civil War, I think that played its part.
Oh, lets not forget World War 2. That may have helped in our rights.
Don't be the ignorant dumbass you are portraying.
Look at where we are at?
In America, douche bags like Josh Howard can take his talent and be a dumbass and make millions of dollars.
Would that have happened 50 years ago? Hell no.
Would we have a front running candidate for president that so happens to be a "minority" 50 years ago? Hell no.
The point I am trying to make is, we are progressing. We are getting better. People are more aware, people are more sensitive. We are becoming "one nation" more and more every day.
Unfortunately dumbasses like yourself refuse to accept it.

said Dave on September 18, 2008 5:17 PM.

Oh, and the tracking devices scare the hell out of me.
Where is Keyano Reves when we need him?

said Dave on September 18, 2008 5:29 PM.

Meagan - My dear, you are in need of a major lesson on the Civil War. More Americans fought and died in that war, than all other American wars COMBINED! And what was the primary reason the war started? Slavery, plain and simple. Lincoln and most of the Northern states wanted to abolish slavery, the Southern states felt that the states' rights came first and the government didn't have the right to them slavery was illegal.

Did the Civil War solve the slavery issue? No. BUT, freeing the slaves sure was a major step in the right direction; don't you think? The struggle is still on, but if you think the most important steps taken in the struggle occurred in the 1960's, you are sorely misinformed.

Oh, and while you're at it, take a look at the skin color on 99% of Northern soldiers fighting for what they knew was right, but yet was not really a cause in which they stood to greatly benefit. Many of them were relatives of mine. Come to my house, take a look at their pictures and photos of their worn-away grave markers. Then, tell me about how you only have rights because a few great African Americans sacrificed themselves in the late 1960's during a movement that has been going on for 150 years.

Also ... what Dave said. Seriously, you think you don't have rights here in America? Go talk to some of your ancestors in other countries and come back to tell us how bad you have it here.

said Tim on September 18, 2008 5:52 PM.

Meagan, our paths have crossed before.
you posted as 'Mattie". In Echo's column on World of War Craft.
It was there that you revealed your true identity as Meagan.
You were standing up for gamers.
You truly are a revolutionist.

Oh, and FYI, being a gamer doesnt give you the right to claim minority status.
That just makes you a white dork.

said Dave on September 18, 2008 6:09 PM.

I don't give a damn what race you are "Meagan" People are people to me regardless of race, creed or color. The race card does not work on me. i am immune. i dont give a crap if you are black, white, magenta or chartreuse. I evaluate people as individuals, and you ma'am are, quite simply, an Idiot.

And what gives you the right to slight our troops in iraq? Those are your fellow americans over there that are Dying by the thousands so that other people can enjoy a bit of freedom like we do. I've been there, i know what it's like. you can gibber all you want about bush and the U.S.'s foreighn policy all you want. Guess how important any of that is to the troops on the ground over there? In theater, the troops' main concern is surviving until tomorrow. Not to be Blown up by a goddamn roadside bomb or have a mortar round land on their barracks in the middle of the night. And after surviving all that, they get to come home to ungrateful shits like you. I may not support the war. Matter of fact i think it is the worst goddamn idea we've had since vietnam. But i support those troops. I support every last one of our troops in theater, and i mourn the loss of the ones who have to come home in a box.

In the oath of enlistment for the army, the first thing you swear is that you will "Support and Defend the constitution of the United States of America" So you can say whatever you want. I and hundreds of thousands of others put their lives on the line every day to ensure that you have the right to say it.

No matter how much of an ignorant douchebag you are.

Dave made a comment earlier about pissing all over you meagan.

Fuck that

I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 18, 2008 10:52 PM.

Dave I am not white! I am BLACK and financially I don't struggle. ..I am an RN who works for a plastic surgeon and I have a few other businesses.

You people will forever be oblivious to the fact that there isn't ONE America. We have all types of ethnicities, cultures, etc...Guess what??? WE'RE NOT UNITED. If we were, people wouldn't supporting McCain/Palin because they refuse to vote for a Black man!

Please spare me the b.s. about the Civil War. 185,000 misguided negroes thought this country genuinely gave a shyt about them getting their asses beat, tortured, raped (forced to have massa's lil oreo babies), pimped..So they fought in the war! The civil war was about MONEY! No war has ever been fought when territorial gain, religion, and/or $$ was not a factor. Slaves were property, slaves were money! That was a war of States rights vs. fedreal rights (North vs. South; small vs big government). I can't blame the South for wanting to leave the union, but to say that the Civil War was fought to EXCLUSIVELY free my ancestors for them to still not be shyt until the Civil Rights Act (over 100 years later) covered all minorities, gays, and others of alternative religious beliefs..You're just as ignorant as the rest of the world assumes.

Lincoln was so against slavery that he did nothing about the anti-negro laws in the North (hypocrite)...To know that Martin Luther King was an avid admirer of Lincoln makes me sick. However, ignorance is always bliss so what can I say. The North, holy and sanctified Northern Industrial Execs worked children to death paying them pennies by the day for their industrial work! Who fought on their behalf since it was honestly terrible. NO ONE, so this was no war about civil rights!

The federal government flourished due to the high tarrifs (1828) they placed on the South. The South literally paid for our federal government (paid 87% of federal tariff revenue) and I agree they were taxed unfairly. The average tax for the South was 18.84% and on the rise! Stating slavery as the reasoning for the "Civil War" was a smart political move from Lincoln, however it was not done out of empathy for the slaves. That's just like believing Bush invaded Iraq to free the damn people, it was all about the oil baby..but "Freeing" Iraqi citizens from a horrible regime was hilarious to me. Again it was a smart political move for him because of the genuine interests in OIL! No trick is new, history merely repeats itself in tons of different ways!

I guess no one learned anything in history! If your education stops at a high school diploma, I DO NOT fault you. Those text books for high school kids have sugar and sprinkles all over the text! I'm only interested in the truth and facts.

Yes we have come a long way, I do agree. My grandmother went to a four year WHITE university in the 60s and she was spit on and harassed all FOUR YEARS, she has two degrees and she has friends of all backgrounds, not one bitter bone in her body. I was fortunate and able to enjoy my collegiate years with ZERO troubles. Sexism is large in the medical field, so I have my own woes in that area!

The minorities have been thrown under a bus for so damn long it's ridiculous. A Hispanic with 5 grams of crack would get 25 years (that's with no criminal background) vs. a White with 10 grams of cocaine and a criminal history receiving 12 yrs. Finally the Supreme Court fixed the disparity in March of 2008! 40 years later and we still have a long way to go. I live in a gated community, drive a nice car, and I admit, I'm addicted to retail and things that glitter. No matter how educated I am, how much money I have, no matter if I come from a line of Masons and Eastern stars, no matter how nice I dress, despite my children's Italian last name, despite our mixed race heritage, at the end of the day in AMERICA..We're still a bunch of 'niggers' behind closed doors and at White dinner tables. I can only imagine how they talk about Barack, lol...Politicians are so brutal.

It's so easy to judge what you are not and it's so easy to discuss the "improvement" of America's treatment toward minorities when you're not a minority and you've never walked a day in their shoes and/or heard our personal stories. Only WE know that progression and trust me, the nation has a long way to go.

Until then we have Black America, Latin America, Asian America, Indian America...and the list goes on. All of these groups have special civil rights groups protecting and preserving the rights of the respected racial groups. Whites even have their struggles internally, it's called middle class vs. Republicans and millionaires. I just love to see how they throw each other under the bus all for $$$. We're all divided..it goes beyond a minority thing in all actuality.

Josh Howard go to the continent of Africa, lol. He's just a pissed off Black American that feels excluded and is not SCARED to voice how he feels. I know some white people who won't engage in the anthem or the pledge..NOT ANYTHING NEW. It's 'appauling' because he's a 'nigger' with NUTS. I mean who does he think he is!?!?!? Your tax dollars are not paying the athletes, so your whining is falling on deaf ears.

Being called a douche bag, cunt, etc..doesn't bother me. It sounds a tad bit corny but I'll take it as a note that I'm supposed to be 'outraged.' Who cares..We have other issues to worry about, any news to keep Americans away from the issues at hand are wonderful for politics. That's part of the reason lame ass McCain and brain dead Sarah Palin are on their way to the White House...I've got 99 problems, Josh Howard isn't one.

said Meagan on September 18, 2008 11:27 PM.

Can't say your freedom of speech has been infringed much. You got quite the mouth. You're still a douche.

said E on September 18, 2008 11:48 PM.

"Yes we have a black DEMOCRATIC presidential candidate, however...CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and ABC news constantly remind us that people are still voting based on race rather than character content. Press pause and let that simmer."

All i see is those same networks painting obama as the next jesus and sucking his dick like they were low rent tijuana whores.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 18, 2008 11:56 PM.

I don't give a damn about Iraqi freedom! You can't clean someone else's back yard until you have swept your own gotdamn porch. Damn the Iraqis!?! 9/11 we got bombed and Osama is the bastard of all bastards..yet we make a left into Iraqi to "free" their people, but forget about the thousands that died on 9/11. What victory have we gotten for them!?!? Osama is still out and about, talk about fucked up priorities. It's all about the Benjamins doll! I stated it earlier.

We live in a nation where politicians are screwing little boys and molesting little girls, in lieu of it all they still have jobs.

We have sex slaves here in AMERICA! My grandma's neighbor got the biggest indictment ever.

The justice system isn't balanced! Don't get me started about the troops in Iraq...I have family, friends, and acquaintances that decided to enlist to provide a better life for their family. Half of these people have come back mentally unstable, physically ruined and restricted, and the government has neglected many of them! Talk about a slap in the face! The troops that I've met who are pissed at their country for turning their backs on them could care less about Josh Howard and the National Anthem. No one has mentioned the Troops' mothers that don't support this nation (they've lost children and have injured children), the widows, the children, etc. The ruined troops come home and are merely forgotten, so tell me what in the hell the gotdamn star spangled banner means to them...NOT A DAMN THING. Ask me how I know?!!? During my clinicals they came through our hospital ALL the time, and sometimes people need to talk. I heard more than enough and I didn't challenge their new views or their hearts.

Don't be one sided. Gather the facts and then present your case. Josh Howard and minorities aren't the only people sneering at this country. Go and speak to some of those mangled troops, the forgotten widows, children without fathers, sisters with no more baby brothers, big brothers who've lost their baby sisters...The spectrum is far and wide.

said Meagan on September 19, 2008 12:05 AM.

Meagan---wow---for someone who has it so good, you are freakin' bitter....

Gated community--good paying job--health insurance and other benefits--and still you're not happy....because you are under the impression that everyone hates you and anyone who shares your skin color.

Wow.

Instead of being so pissed off, try to be grateful for everything you do have. You have kids--many women can't (or are itching to get to that phase in their lives where they're settled down and can have them). Be thankful.

You have a roof over your head? Many don't--be thankful.

You have food on your table? Be thankful---people ALL OVER the world are starving.

You have a college degree--be thankful. Some of us are still working our asses off to obtain that goal.

You have the right to vote--people in many countries don't--go use it and if you don't like who is running, get off your butt, hide your cynicism and run in the next election yourself.

Just because I'm white doesn't mean I'm voting for McCain--why would I want to vote for some henpecked old man with a sugarmama for a wife who has no clue what it's like to be poor? (yes, I'm pale and poor--it happens--the diploma is the light at the end of the tunnel...either that, or a train is headed this way to run me over) Adding Palin to the ticket just pisses me off because as a female, I vote with my brain, not my uterus.

I'm proud of your grandmother who stood up for herself and got an education--too bad you didn't inherit her 'not a bitter bone in her body' gene...because while you have an incredible command of the English language (and if you had 'met' Thomas you would know why I appreciate this), you are holding on to grudges that the people on this site didn't have anything to do with.

Beyond that, I am going to defend your right to speak your mind. Because as AMERICANS we can do that without the feds breaking into our houses in the middle of the night and silencing us.
Be grateful you live NOW and stop holding grudges for thousands of years of idiocy.
As a woman I don't hate men from keeping 'my kind' from voting for centuries--I drive my ass to the polls and vote.

said sarcastic one on September 19, 2008 12:07 AM.

I laid everything out for you and the responses from 'E' and Senor Pablo are classic. No substance, just nothing. I know Senor Pablo is out of touch because FoxNews DOES NOT favor Obama and they are not ashamed, EVERYONE knows that.

If you want to keep anything a secret put it in writing. People don't read and minorities get fucked around because they are too lazy to get involved in their communities and start reform. It's not up to white people to make our inner city schools better, lower HIV and Teen pregnancy, nor is it their responsibility to make you vote..Those things start at home.

Another thing, while you and your troop buddies are out fighting a war over oil, just remember babies are being raped and children (our future) are being ruined. Many of the abused girls may grow up to be "low rent tijuana whores" like you so proudly stated earlier. Tell me..what parts of the Constitution protected them? We live in a society where a man gets more time for animal cruelty than child abuse! Can we borrow another nation's troops to protect our women and children? I don't think so. When crack flooded the nation during the Reagan era and he KNEW and ALLOWED it to happen, what country got in our business and said what was going on was wrong? NOBODY! He didn't care because it was destroying Black neighborhoods and it all goes back to $$.

Now all of a sudden Methamphetamine is eating away at suburban White America and they get a special billion dollar funding to sweep meth and restrict the things purchased to make it. All our kids got was a shytty ass DARE program that said...JUST SAY NO! That's what the hell we got for crack! No little negro boy, don't be a junky like your mommy, raise your brothers and sisters and just teach them to say NO! Thanks Mrs. Reagan!

Lord, again..at the end of the day. Society is a big ass joke. From domestic/foreign policy..The War in Iraq...Children's/Women's Rights..The classic minority rights...the country running away from God and taking prayer out of schools...The federal reserve..the ECONOMY..etc. It's literally insane.

said Meagan on September 19, 2008 12:28 AM.

I'm not bitter..I'm just irritated and annoyed by out of touch people wanting to play like America is peaches and cream. I appreciate you being diplomatic with your response and I can identify with your reasoning for not being a McCain supporter..As a matter of fact I was insulted that he chose Palin. Now that was a sexist move. He brought her on board because she had a vagina, it didn't matter that she had very little political substance. Personally, as a woman, I was insulted.

I'm grateful for everything I have and I dedicate time and charity to numerous organizations. I don't have to go all over the world to find how blessed I am, the people here at home remind me. We have thousands starving here in America...Ever been to D.C? It's the saddest thing I've ever seen. Homeless people were sleeping at the gates, the projects looked condemned, it was poverty all over the nation's capital...Yet we scourn other countries about their economic failures and missionaries and non profit orgs run to feed the children across the border and the oceans.

What about home?

said Meagan on September 19, 2008 12:46 AM.

Meagan,

I AM one of those mangled troops. I Take medication on a daily basis to live with the fact that i survived when so many of my friends didn't. I Take sleeping pills so i can sleep at night without waking up my wife when i have screaming nightmares of my friends missing pieces of their heads. I Joined the army to provide a better life for my family, and all it got me was a divorce from my first wife, a long drawn out custody battle and the wonderful ability to flash back to that hell hole at any given moment.

You living your soft life in a gated community wouldn't know anything about that would you? you've never carried one of your friends to a medivac helicoper with his eyeball hanging out of it's socket and a 3 inch peice of shrapnel embedded in his brain. That would probably cause your pathetic suburban soccer-mom brain to melt. You think you have it so tough just because you're black? Shit, you're living the american dream.

Enjoy your cushy lifestyle.

My brothers and sisters in arms paid for it with our blood. Some of us with our lives, and most of us with a portion of our sanity.

That being said, I served my country proudly. I don't regret it for a minute. I have been, and still am, a part of something you will never understand. There is no closer bond than that of soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines. When i call these men and women my brothers and sisters, i mean it. The military is a family. To see you so blatantly disrespect my family like that pisses me off beyond belief.

So when you go to sleep tonight, enjoy the roof over your head in your nice gated community. your sleep won't be disturbed by the sound of car bombs going off in the distance.

My brothers and sisters got your back, whether you appreciate it or not

said Sheriff Pablo on September 19, 2008 12:57 AM.

Pablo. Damn. Well said. Much respect for your service. I don't have the words but that's what people are getting that when they pay that little public respect.

said E on September 19, 2008 1:11 AM.

Meagan,

You are so misguided I don't even know where to start. Still, you have proven that it wouldn't matter what I had to say. You've lived in intellectual filth so long I fear there is no saving you.

As a fellow American, I am ashamed to stand beside you. Stop watching CNN for facts and take a look at the good in the world around you ... especially in this country. If you still think America sucks so bad, get the hell out ... we don't want you around. You're spreading patriotic cancer.

said Tim on September 19, 2008 8:42 AM.

Tim--I love the new catch phrase....and since Josh also suffers from it, I think we have a charity fundraiser to plan---there have to be more people and we must save them.

But in all fairness, I think we need to treat Meagan with compassion.
It is probable that Meagan is getting her instant karma because she is an RN for a plastic surgeon...I believe* it is highly unlikely that he spends his day doing reconstructive surgeries for pediatric burn victims and more likely that they're sucking out fat cells from rich bitches' asses. And doing boob jobs for rich men's mistresses...and nose jobs for spoiled 14 and 15 yr olds.

I'd be bitter too....

There's my something to be grateful for statement for the day..."At least I'm not performing lipo on my old boss"

Wow--Meagan made me happy!!!

*As an American, I am entitled to freedom of thought

said sarcastic one on September 19, 2008 8:58 AM.

btw, Meagan (and anyone else who doesn't know about YBNBY)---there is a color barrier here...but it's in pink and blue.
If you don't register, your comments have to be 'approved' before they make it on the board. They show up in blue. It's not a censorship thing---it's an accountability thing. Registered people are in pink--and red is the author.

Unfortunately, it sometimes makes for a time delay in responses...esp for those written later at night.

So, if you (or anyone else) wants to stick around, please register--that way you get instant postings and the conversation flows properly.

Tim--sorry--there I go with the Rules again....

said sarcastic one on September 19, 2008 10:06 AM.

Sarcastic One - you have just been promoted to head kosh of the official YBNBY Press Gang. Now go round us up a larger crew of registered contradictors .

said Scaramouch on September 19, 2008 10:21 AM.

Well Meagan, I pressed pause and let a simmer a bit. I also hit the rewind button a couple of times to make sure that I was reading all of this correctly.

My mother was born and raised on a reservation. My father is black. I've got the double-whammy as it relates to being a minority, and yet I couldn't disagree with you more.

["WE'RE NOT UNITED. If we were, people wouldn't supporting McCain/Palin because they refuse to vote for a Black man!"] - Gee, thanks. That statement just punted "minorities" back about 40 years. I'm not sure where and how you go about fact-finding, but if that were the general consensus, Hillary would have been on the ticket instead of Barry.

["Please spare me the b.s. about the Civil War. 185,000 misguided negroes..."] - B.S.? Are you high? I saw the "B.S." too, but they were called Buffalo Soldiers. These were men who bravely paved the way for people like my kid brother. He's currently an Airman, studying to be a doctor at Travis AFB. That said, people like your very own grandmother paved the way so that you wouldn't have to get spit on when you attended college - and that's the muther fucking thanks she gets? Your watered-down interpretation of a Public Enemy CD?

Nah sweetheart, it goes a little bit deeper than the shit that you're scratching at. Your need to inform the readers of your would-be successful lifestyle (with little or no relevance to the original topic), is indicitave of your youth and/or ignorance. And while you may not agree on the reasons we went to war, we still went to war. Your anger shouldn't be toward the troops (as it's implied), it should be toward the politicians that got us there. So rather than take the Booker T. Washington approach to life (angry shit-talking pundit behind the scenes but you're a wannabe do-gooder in the real world), why don't you run for office and really change the game so you can really help those unfortunate wealthy opinionated athletes. The ones like Josh Howard, who get to sit back and WATCH our soldiers getting their asses blown off via sattelite, in the comforts of their homes.

["...and the troops in Iraq are NOT fighting for MY freedom."] - Damn. You need a hug or something? Miss a few of those sociology classes in trade school? Again, whatever they're over there fighting for, it's disrespectful to take this tone. I dare you to say that shit to a widow or an orphan who's loved one came back home in a box. I've 10 bucks that says you'd get your back dirty, or might be missing some teeth at the end of your statement.

And let's just say that your "all about the Benjamins" theory is true. How the FUCK have you suffered because of it? You want to find Osama so damn bad, go enlist and take your know-it-all badass over there and find him. What's stopping you? Hmmmmm.... perhaps the muther fuckers who want to blow your fucking head off in Afghanistan? Is it the intense heat? Barren lands? Scared of guns or sleeping outdoors? Bugs? What is it??

As far as the National Anthem not meaning anything to you, I've got a sneaky suspension that (A) you don't even know the lyrics. No worries, a lot of people don't. And (B) you're too busy looking backward to see what's ahead. People crash into trees and street lights doing that. Very dangerous behavior. I think it's even termed as "wreckless driving". You don't drive your nice car that way, and you shouldn't live your life that way either.

Better yet, if you really don't like it here, you have the FREEDOM to leave. There's a seat on a plane that fits your ass.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 19, 2008 10:41 AM.

*I meant to say SUSPICION, not suspension toward the end of my last comment - not sure where that came from, sorry folks*

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 19, 2008 10:51 AM.

I feel bad that I left before the battle got heated.

I'm back and would like to resume.

Meagan you sound bitter and terribly unhappy. I imagine that you carry that bitterness everywhere you go.
I would bet that you carry a load of pessimism from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep.
Your anger, bitterness, and unhappiness radiates from your screen, and through your words. Everything you have written tells me that the glass is always half empty no matter how you look at anything.
After thinking about that, I came to the realisation that you are right.
I believe that people do look down on you. I bet people really try to avoid you at all costs. I bet you miss out on raises or advancement in the work place. I would even bet that you don't have a lot of friends.
Meagan, that is not due to the color of your skin. That is due to your attitude.
As a white man, I can honestly say that I personally don't give a shit weather a person has black, brown, yellow, pink, or even purple skin. That is not an issue with me. I respect the hell out of a person's heritage, and ancestry. Some people have had it easy, others have had it hard, and some have had it beyond hard. I respect that.
I also realise that life in the US has not always been fair. It hasn't been fair for your grandparents and it hasn't been fair to mine.
Your Grandmother worked her ass off to get an education, spit on, and treated unfairly, and she doesn't have a bitter bone in her body.
I think that I would love your grandmother, in fact I love her already.
My grandfather at the age of 18 jumped off a U-boat during the D-day invasion of WWII while his buddies got their brains blown out. He was one of the few to only suffer a schrapnel wound. He was just a boy, he grew 6 inches before returning from the war.
(Yes, the war against Hitler did have something to do with your rights and freedom.)
I guess the point I am trying to make is that people have had it hard, and people will continue to have it hard, people will overcome and people will fail.
I think that everyone of us deep down just want to be happy. I think that when we find it, we want others to be happy.
Unfortunately sometimes we get so bitter and worry so much about things that we can't fix that we don't allow ourselves to be happy.
I think that your bitterness doesn't allow you to be happy.
I'm sorry for calling you a douche bag and other things. I'm quick to judge when I feel that someone is attacking the country that I love. Not just because the country is me, but because this country is all of us. Your ancestors and my ancestors have fought and even shed blood, to give us what we have right now. That is us. Not me against you. That is us for us.
Until we all realise that we are in this fight together we cannot conquer all of the little injustices together.
So you can continue to fight the battle alone for the better of your race, that's fine.
The ku klux klan does the same thing for theirs.
I will fight the battle for the better of my country, and that includes everybody.
Even you.

said Dave on September 19, 2008 11:30 AM.

S.O. - I try to be compassionate, but when I get a shit-facial in return, I get a little emotional. I try to give some education on the civil war, and the entire comment is wholly ignored by claiming I said the war was EXCLUSIVELY about slavery. (I clearly said that, in the South, it was about states rights.) Did I not make any point at all? Was it even read? I have to commend your responses, they are very pragmatic and well-versed. Meagan's responses are another story. They appear to be nothing more than a diatribe.

And what about those comments about Lincoln? A hypocrite? Is she serious? What fact-finding mission undercovered information to support that gem? He's probably this country's greatest example of a President that stands up for moral principle in the face of overwhelming opposition, yet she reduces him to just another morally corrupt policitian. What makes for a great President? If not Lincoln, whom? Honestly, that says it all to me.

Load up the muskets, boys, we have another one for the wall.

Still, I have to say that, once again the YBNBY ladies take a less emotional and more practical approach to dealing with an attack on American society. I wish I could do the same when I read such rubbish.

CLC, S.O. - At this moment, you are both more of a patriot than I. In my own archaic manner, that's a compliment.

Much love to you both ...

said Tim on September 19, 2008 11:47 AM.

Dave puts me to shame once again.

We need to get in sync on this buddy. That's why I sent you that Batphone.

said Tim on September 19, 2008 11:58 AM.

Amen dave and CLC

I'm not going to apologize for my earlier statements. That is how i feel and i stand by it

But perhaps meagan needs some sort of compassion, as she is obviously suffering from some sort of mental illness. Lord knows ive seen enough of it. i should have recognized it.

When someone slights our military though i tend to get a bit heated. There is no call for that kind of rancor towards men and women who display that kind of bravery on a day in and day out basis. Especially from someone who has no clue what the average day is like for them.

A typical uneventful day in a war zone is enough to drive your average suburbanite insane. If it's a bad day, and the mortars and small arms fire doesn't seem to stop, the it takes on a nightmare quality you usually only see in horror movies.

That's all from me, i'm done with this thread. My blood pressure won't take any more.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 19, 2008 12:00 PM.

SP--
thanks for serving our country.

said sarcastic one on September 19, 2008 2:04 PM.

Well, justice is that within two years he'll be back on the streets, where he belongs, with nothing.

said mishi on September 19, 2008 2:07 PM.

I attended both private and public schools..I lived in both the projects and the suburbs. I watched crack tear my family apart, I remember sleeping on the floor every night over to my great grandmother's house because we had random drive-by's 24/7. I remember burying my favorite cousin and sitting at the table with my aunt as she cried over who would identify is bullet riddled body with his chest blown out. I remember going to the car wash every Sunday and the field behind it had dead bodies with the most horrible aroma filling the air. I remember my loved ones being shot in cold blood and the paramedics would take 20 minutes to get there because they were scared of us...Yet my cousins DIED! I'm from the hood..and I've seen and survived alot. I could leave the nursing field and successfully run a hoe house, sell drugs, be a white collared criminal, or do my own damn trafficking! I refused to be a product of my environment. Thanks to my book smarts and overkill of street knowledge I can survive in this fucked up world with a smile on my face.

It's obvious many of you are deprived of PURE KNOWLEDGE. I was never spoon fed anything, I know the truth about Christopher Columbus, Amerigo Vespucci, my family was enslaved in Mexico..not North America. The slave trade didn't start with North America..Latin America kicked it off many years before. Mexico received around 500,000...North America had the least amount of slaves. There was a drastic difference.

CLC or whatever the hell your name is...I'm from the South and I still live here. Just last month we took a trip to Atlanta and we were in a diner eating and talking with other patrons. All of a sudden this group of white men comes in and they're just, "That nigger, this, that nigger that..." We were the only table of people (I was with a diverse group) that looked like, "Aww helllll naw!" Everyone else just looked up and some didn't respond, it's as if nothing was said. The little black girl that worked at the door, went 50 million miles out of her way to try and greet them after she heard what they said. The White waitress rushed over to our table and she apologized and she said that she was used to it. She said in California where she's from everyone is pretty much united and they don't see color. The only colors that clash are the Blacks and Browns (Mexicans). They're the same way in Alabama..I have a list of other things I encounter on a daily basis. So, obviously we live in two different worlds. I'll never forget being in Neiman Marcus with my mom and this stupid bytch followed us around and hid behind all types of corners making like she was fixing maniqueus. When I stopped to confront her and briefly hurt her feelings and proceeded to break her face with the purchases, she apologized. Oh and in London?!?! They're a trip. The British were soooo sweet to me, I even had some tell me I was pretty for a Black woman (wow, thanks a lot..shallow asses).

Me and my neighbors sit and have the same discussions but it's different here because we live in the same environment, so they witness a lot of things they've never noticed first hand. My husband doesn't fit in with the other men. He has a lot of tattoos and he was into gangs during the 90s; Mom even gave him up because she wasn't allowed to have a baby by a Black man...The other part of my children's family wants nothing to do with them (30 years later) because they are their father's children.

You people need to land here on earth, it's a clear day..JUST LAND! No war is fought over morals, everything costs money..the age old fued and the history of war since the beginning of time is all about territory and MONEY! A very repetitive pattern..Not all 185,000 soldiers were Buffalo, lol..Try again. I guess it's obvious that my major was initially history. I feel like I'm having this discussion with my 20 month old son.

Pick up a book...enroll in school. Read in your spare time. lol..Now that I think about it. Mr. Lincoln was against slavery...he just didn't support them having any rights once freed. I'd also like to add a few wealthy mulatto families in the South owned slaves too. It's beyond that...and don't get me started on the division within the Black race and other races. If we can't unite amongst ourselves, we can never unite as a NATION. The only bonded groups are the gays/lesbians/military.

CLC..I'm glad these men stroked your little bitty ego, but go and present that argument to a group of educated people that KNOW better! You didn't address anything else and your 'facts' were dressed up in a mini skirt and pumps..so it was nothing more than a string of OPINIONS.

My ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS THEORY!?!? Are you serious go take a look at our ECONOMY...I have relatives who I'm trying to put back on their feet because of the ragedy ass housing market and jobs being sent overseas. The country is currently in a 9.7 trillion dollar debt! And this asshole of a president wants go fight in a war for some fucking oil that costs us 12 billion dollars a day. Other countries are boycotting U.S. goods and we're purchasing more than we're exporting. China made 1 trillion dollars off the United States. At the rate this country is going we may not have social security! We can't afford to be fighting an unnecessary war, and I I talk to U.S. troops/widows/ children..ALL DAY. They run all throughout my damn family! This country can barely protect it's citizens from eachother, and if the war was GENUINELY about Al Qaeda and gaining some sort of victory for all of those INNOCNET people that died for NOTHING on 9/11..I would enlist. That's a cause to fight for! However, I have two small children to raise and care for. After I get my brains blown out and my government has forgotten about me and my children, then what. We'll never make it to Afghanistan..They're too busy eyeing Iraq...50 million issues are more important than the initial reason.

Go educate yourself miss thing and I won't even waste my time schooling you like I could. Had you been half as bright as you think you are you wouldn't have outlined those dumb ass questions! I have respect for the men who took it personal and called me a douche bag..whatever the hell that is. lol..185,000 MISGUIDED BLACK SOLDIERS..that's what I said and I meant it! They didn't think that once slavery was done they were deemed to be swinging from trees, ran away from voting polls, bullied and belittled for 100 more years! That was not the plan and if they had known that would be the end result we wouldn't have had 185,000 BLACK soldiers fighting the CIVIL WAR.

Now let that shyt sit and simmer some more! Challenge anything else!?!? Nothing about the crack vs. meth..Reagan scandal...Children's rights..Sex abuse and sex slaves in America!?!? You don't want to go there!?! I have a bigger list!

I DIDN'T THINK SO!

said Meagan on September 19, 2008 2:48 PM.

Meagan- I've spent a year working in Atlanta, was disrespected and called a Yankee because I was born in Chicago. I have a general idea of the bigotry you are talking about when visiting there, but I do not pretend to know it from your perspective.

Nonetheless, do not cast the disrespect you recieved in Atlanta (or other parts of the South) onto the rest of the country. I'm sorry that you live and/or were raised in a shitty environment. Things are different elsewhere, for better and for worse.

Now, go ahead and attack me for oversimplifying the situation. You are very predictable.

said Tim on September 19, 2008 3:57 PM.

No Tim, you're predictable. After all the issues I listed within the nation..you throw the race card onto the table and dwell on that. You confirmed what I've been saying the entire time! THIS NATION ISN'T UNITED! If the South is still broken and the blacks and Mexicans in L.A. can't see eye to eye..AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT SAW CRASH?!? I guess they made that movie up and created fake problems within our society..Oprah is delusional and all of her audience and the cast members as well! It was not about the age old Black vs. White..IT INCLUDED EVERYONE. That was the most brilliant film about our American society..Next to Bowling for Columbine!

Oh my, you people are about as clueless as Palin and Paris Hilton..You couldn't purchase a clue if you had the money. Ignorance is bliss, but it is also detrimental. Keep swallowing your Red pills, the Blue pills are only for the strong. Racism/bigotry/sexism/ageism aren't the only issue of this country..but you're only seasoned enough to tackle the race issue in America.

Please don't make me break down the Pledge of Allegiance..they are merely words that don't mean anything today and when it was written it was with European settlers in mind.

said Meagan on September 19, 2008 4:29 PM.

"With those facts revealed..Pablo, I apologize if I offended you. However, you are the first vet I've encountered that has as much regard for this nation."

You've gotta be shitting me.

That statement just blew any credibility that you have pretended to have.

Being a nurse and not knowing what a douche bag is also didn't help the situation.

Ma'm you are a confused bigot backed with sensational made up bullshit stories.

I call bullshit on your made up life, and release the choke hold that I had on my Johnson so that the piss will continue to stream all over your hateful, racist, bullshitting head.

I don't know if Jesse Jackson has a blog site, but perhaps you'll fit in a little better there.

Racist hateful Douche Bag.

Afganistan is too good for you.

I feel bad that your kids have to be subject to your hateful opinions. I'm ashamed to have even carried a conversation with you.

BTW, If you would have listened to Nancy Reagan you wouldn't continue to be the misguided crack whore that you are.

On a more positive note, I guess being a crack whore does make you an authority on the sex slave industry.

Just Say No.

said Dave on September 19, 2008 4:46 PM.

I really don't care..Black men bytch and hoe women in music all day..You think calling me a douche bag is going to bother me.

I feel sorry for your children if you have any....NOW THIS IS FLIPPED TO ME BEING A RACIST. Lord, you're the epitome of an uneducated moron. I'm sorry you can't believe I encountered more pissed off troops from Iraq than proud ones. I had a cousin cry to his wife because he felt guilty about some of his buddies raping some teenage Iraqi over there. You have the prouds and the not so prouds. Alot of men are only fighting in that 'war' because they needed the government to pay for their education and they needed to support their family at the same time. There are thousands who didn't wake up and say..I FEEL LIKE SERVING MY COUNTRY. They didn't want to sell drugs or break the law to provide for their families and better themselves so they enlisted.

As far as I'm concerned Dave...FUCK YOU AND JESSE JACKSON. How about that and tell stupid ass Farrahkhan to kiss my ass while you're at it.

What makes me an advocate against sex crimes, child abuse, child rape, and domestic violence is that I'm a SURVIVOR of all four.

What the hell does being an RN have to do with a DOUCHE BAG?!!? It sounds lame and it sounds like something little 5th graders would call each other on the play ground. Am I supposed to be enraged with the urge to track your IP address and blow your brains out?!? Uhh, no. I didn't use a douche bag during my clinicals in the ER. There is no such thing as a DOUCHE BAG. A douche is what's used to cleanse vaginas and the correlation between the two is???

I refuse to say the pledge, I never sing the Star Spangled Banner..so I'm racist? I've met a lot of servicemen who feel betrayed so I'm a liar?

Fortunately, I come from a family that doesn't impose anything on anybody. With that said..unlike Al Qaeda brainwashing kids to hate Americans...unlike White Supremacists teaching their kids 'WHITE POWER, FUCK JEWS, AND WE HATE FAGS', unlike a lot of Black people teaching their kids all white people are serial killers and fine arts and literature are a "white thing", and unlike Black people that teach their children that speaking without an accent and proper diction is "talking white," unlike the Asians who teach their kids all black people steal, unlike the Americans who have taught their children that all Muslims are terrorist, unlike alot of people who force their beliefs onto their offspring..that isn't me. That would take the 'I' away from Individual.

Anyone else feel the need to comment without sounding like an uneducated idiot that can't express themselves without sounding like they went to the same "Ivy" league as Bush?...GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE.... If you think my life is sensational you need to get out more. I've met people here in the states who have had it a lot worse than myself. You don't have to go to Uganda, the Middle east, Ireland, North Korea, or Cambodia to hear an unfortunate series of life events. It's all underneath your nose..I guess the people in legislation think like you so our laws against animals in some states way more than the ones against children and women. Until they do something about our society, you'll meet more people with "sensationalized" stories. It's obvious you never set foot in L.A. during the nineties..and I won't even bother about my knowledge about the drug trade between Columbia, California and Texas..I'd be lying about that too. Amusing.

If you all don't mind I will be using this blog and these comments as a reference for various things.

said Meagan on September 19, 2008 5:27 PM.

Unbelievable. Race card? What a bunch of bullshit. Go back and read your version of what happened to you in the Atlanta diner.

Sorry that I (we) haven't responded to all of your challenges/topics/issues or whatever, but you throw so much bullshit out there it's hard to know where to start ... especially in an online forum. You respond to challenges with a bunch of hatred towards everything and everyone. All tired bullshit; no substance at all.

I can see why your major was 'initially history'; it would have been impossible for you to pass the first test with your interpretation of historical facts. It must have been hell for you to sit through history classes in high school and college, seeing as how you know so much more about how things really were than everyone else.

I saw 'Crash'. It is a great movie, with a great message. It appears that you need to watch the end of the movie again ...

It seems to me that you are in a unique position in your family; someone that actually has the opportunity, voice and money to do something about things. If you feel so passionate about these issues, why not get out and do something about it? or is the anonymity of the Internet more your style?

Before you accuse me of the same; remember who came here looking for a fight.

Here are a few reasonable questions for you. What do you say to your children to encourage their hopes and dreams? How do they react when they hear you rant? Do you have a significant other that shares these values? If not, why? With your complete lack of hope, what is your plan for getting through the next 20 years or so?

You must be living for something, what the hell is it?

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't another Thomas hoax pulled by the YBNBY staff. I find it hard to believe that someone so full of hatred, disillusionment and distrust is still among the living.

Your BFF,

Tim

said Tim on September 19, 2008 5:56 PM.

Ive got to admit, you are damn educated and probably perform mind blowing miracles every day.
I mean seriously you get to hand the magic marker to the doctor while he draws all over some chicks tits. That's fricken rocket science baby.
I'm telling the truth when I say that I want your job.

I will say that the two history classes you took from Louis Farrakhan at Tuskeegee Junior College has served you well.
You have put us in our place with your miraculous education.

I'm sorry that your cousin was able to watch other guys rape little girls without doing anything about it. That kind of integrity must run deep in the family bloodlines.

I think it would be funny if you looked up my IP address to kill me.
I personally think you would like to look up my IP address so that you can secretly stalk me. I know you want me. Lets leave it at that. I don't date bigots.
If you do feel the urge to look me up and find me to kill me, I welcome the visit. Bring your tatooed husband. I'd like to meet him. I have a feeling the only tatoo that he has is the one on his ass that says PORT OF ENTRY.

Finally:
"A douche is what's used to cleanse vaginas and the correlation between the two is???"
You've gotta think old school when getting a good definition of douche bag. Think back before Summers Eve.
I'll let you look it up, if you know how to do that.

Love always,

Dave

said Dave on September 19, 2008 6:20 PM.

If it help's nurse this is a medical link for ordering a douche bag.
It also has enema stuff that you may consider .
I think a good enema is just what the doctor would order for you.

Forever yours,

Dave

said Dave on September 19, 2008 6:52 PM.

Y'all have a good weekend.

Even you, Meagan.

said Dave on September 19, 2008 6:58 PM.

thx dave, you too.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 19, 2008 7:53 PM.

(rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-my-ass-off)

Meagan - so uhhh... I guess that's a "no" on leaving the States then?

Listen, I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. It's like arguing with a drunk, and you're like the long-winded drunk that starts crying and telling everybody that you love them, and won't go home and shit. You're still saying the same shit, and you're pretty damn angry about it too.

Get laid. Use all that aggressive energy and tie Echowood up and let his ass have it! (I heard he likes it rough). If you like, I can loan you my mini-skirt and pumps.

Oh by the way, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, currently residing in Atlanta.

Konichiwa chica.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 20, 2008 10:05 PM.

CLC - Seriously? I thought you were in Colorado or something like that?

So does that mean you're cheering for Georgia right now against ASU?

said Tim on September 20, 2008 10:19 PM.

Nah. I honestly don't think the Dawgs are gonna pull that one off (I don't care for either team for the record). Your QB works better under pressure, and I think the excitement of playing you guys, combined with the heat - may not be a good outcome for those dawgies. I turned it on when it first started, but I hadn't turned back. Looking forward to the 11th...

Colorado?

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 20, 2008 10:39 PM.

CLC--I thought you were still on the West Coast...you're practically in my backyard (I'm north of you, south of the Mason-Dixon)

said sarcastic one on September 20, 2008 11:32 PM.

I swear you said something in a prior post about moving there. I guess I got the moving part, but missed the destination by about 2000 miles.

Looks like we're all nearby. We'll have to push for a Southern States YBNBY get together at some point. Else, we'll have to get a VW Van and head for Gotham City.

said Tim on September 20, 2008 11:53 PM.

One final thought on this from me....

I had to watch a documentary today on race for a class I'm taking...and yes, we do have a messed up past (it touched on how white men (scientifically) categorized blacks, Native Americans, Mexicans, Filipinos, Hawaiians, Puerto Ricans--anyone they needed for labor or needed resources from during the 1800s-early 1900s)

Dwelling on this past, especially since most areas of the Western world (and beyond) were equally screwed up, will not get us anywhere. We need to be honest about what has happened, what is happening today, and figure out where the hell we're going from here.

I do not believe that anyone here is a racist--which is why we get defensive when people blame all of society's ills on us. I will say that as a white person, those who are small-minded and are racist feel free to speak their mind to me--they feel that we are the same color, we must have the same opinion. Uh, no. I gracefully let them know I do not agree and would rather not hear them express their opinions on that subject to me.

I know what it is like to have people make it clear they hate "my kind"--Yankees, white people, whatever....but I won't pretend I know what it is like to have a really hard life. For that I am grateful.

A quote from the doc to leave you guys with...
"We [Americans] live in a heightened state of anxiety because we know we aren't what we could be OR what we say we are"
(meaning the "all men are created equal" statement)

Let's go forward and work together to fix this....

(my name is sarcastic one and I approve this message)

said sarcastic one on September 23, 2008 10:25 PM.

Megan, you are an idiot. Im sure the people in your rl think that.

said E on September 26, 2008 1:13 AM.

Boo Hoo, Megean & Sarcastic, "Can't we just get along" as I drive down the freeway at 100 mph (or was that AlGoreIII) risking innocent people. These people are living the life of the Black or Minority Experience because mother's drive their gang son & friends to somebody's house to beat them up and shoot them (in the news in LA) or like the brilliant artist and student Sean Spencer whose mother makes him drop out of JR College cause she wants him to work full time to make money. Leaving us with another black man uneducated, out of work, and frustrated. You people the talk about the Black Experience are destroying your world and now want to destroy America.

said Richard on September 26, 2008 7:16 PM.

Richard, grow some balls and register before you insult me...I DO discriminate against blue people.....

said sarcastic one on September 26, 2008 10:08 PM.

JW--you pressured him into apologizing....nice work!

(for those of you who forgot to bring your SoH to class today, no, I don't REALLY think that YBNBY has that kind of earth shattering influence....not yet, anyway)

said sarcastic one on September 30, 2008 8:54 PM.

Common he is entitled to his opinion. He's done a lot for his team and his country. He plays well, pays his taxes, gives back to the community. By the way you can be patriotic and not like the anthem. And as an american I'm sick and tired of hearing people say we owe the troops for protecting our freedom and such. Those people are right to say they are doing a great service to us but our tax dollars pay their salaries so in my opinion that's all the thanks they need. second off what freedom, we're at a point in our history where stupid ass big brother is watching us go to the bathroom so they are fast diappearing.

said severim on November 13, 2008 4:06 PM.