Lunch Hour Veg: Dopes vs. Snakes
You would think people would just let the bastards be. Let them be snakes. But there are some that insist on messing with the slithery ones and aren't bright enough to stay away from the dangerous end.

Brady Barr is a poor man's Steve Irwin. And by "poor," I mean idiotic.

The lesson here is "don't try to tongue kiss a snake." It's a good rule of thumb.

Picking up a snake in your mouth be not be the best idea.

Perhaps the most odd bit of this video is the addition of a synthesizer version of "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.

Now why did the cobra bite you? Weird.

Leave the snakes alone...

As a special bonus, here is the laughable attempt by Brady Barr to get close to a hippo. Can't believe that hippo suit didn't work. It seemed fool-proof. The guy really is terrible.

What a dope...

By special request from a valuable member of the Loyal 77, another bonus video. One that deals with Pentecostal churches that practice snake handling and other dangerous forms of worship. I post the video with no commentary. You can judge for yourself.

Yep, that's Billy Ray Cyrus as the host.

If you liked this story, you might also like...

The hippo video - I thought I was watching "Ace Ventura" for a second. What an idiot. A steakout in Africa's heat covered in hippo dung...for some sweat?

As far as the snakes... I'm on the snake's side. Every one of those idiots deserved what they got. Oh, and the shitstain that was fucking with that cobra for a picture? He should have died. Yes, died. There are other ways to obtain pictures of wildlife (in the name of education) without bothering the wildlife the way that he did. I was hoping that truck they were in got a flat tire on the way to the hospital.

Great LHV Rev!! Only thing missing was the religious zealots who like to tongue-kiss rattlesnakes and two-step in the name of Jesus. I knew I'd see a powder-blue suit and some white patent leather shoes around here. Oh well, perhaps another time?

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 3:55 PM.

That practice is often called "serpent handling." It's pretty rare. They practitioners say that the New Testament speaks about taking up serpents. But they fail to see that is probably symbolism. Every so often the "less-than-faithful" is bit by a viper and dies.

I watched Barr's whole hippo special because one of my brothers saw it and said "you won't believe how stupid this guy is." He didn't disappoint. A complete laugh.

I root for the snakes...

said Johnny Wright on September 9, 2008 4:09 PM.

i kil snkaes wenevr i can.
i lik indinana jons. i hte snkaes.

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 4:16 PM.

Thanks for the politically correct explanation of the rattlesnake kissers. I was raised Apostolic Pentecostal (surprise!) - so I know firsthand how literal folks can be when it comes to the New Testament...and subsequently, I also know about the stupid rattlesnake kissers.

So does that mean no "serpent handling" videos then?

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 4:27 PM.

i lik religus lades.
bron shuger.
mmmm..

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 4:41 PM.

Don't start with me Tommy Boy. I haven't seen your baseball. Keep it moving.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 4:49 PM.

I'll add a serpent handler video just for you CLC_08.

said Johnny Wright on September 9, 2008 4:53 PM.

Awww... that's why I love you Rev.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 4:54 PM.

Dopes vs. Snakes is now updated with another bonus video.

JW

said Johnny Wright on September 9, 2008 4:58 PM.

i don evin hav a bsbal.

i hve a mustash.

wts yor favrit colr.

min is bron

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 4:58 PM.

If you saw the movie KingPin you might recall the snake handler dude there. Same as some of these cats. I think he bit the snake back though.

said E on September 9, 2008 5:06 PM.

Johnny - I saw that entire special! This is actually the footage I had in mind when I posted those comments.

Tommy Boy - My favorite color is a special shade of dark red, called "Castration". Another favorite of mine, is a light shade of pink called "Mace In Your Eyeballs".

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 5:10 PM.

e ar yo a grl or boy.

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 5:11 PM.

i nevr herd of catraton. an yo wer fun'e ther no colr cled mace in yo eybal. sily gril

i lik fun'e sily grils.

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 5:15 PM.

Tommy - Your sister says that we need to encourage you to be a better person. Leave the ladies alone and you'll be well on your way.

said Tim on September 9, 2008 7:59 PM.

Oh How sharper than a child's tooth is an ungrateful serpent.

said E on September 9, 2008 8:01 PM.

Tim--good advice...I'm trying to be patient but I have enough tests of that in the rest of my life...he's making it a little less fun to hang out here (and a little less likely that I'll be clicking on more banner ads any time soon...hint hint)

I have a strong suspicion that Dave is Thomas...(as was previously posted by another wise soul)...I'm just hoping it wasn't a head injury that made him turn--I miss that wit...

Hey--Dave Thomas...hmmm.....and don't their photos look like photoshopped long lost cousins?

Like it was said before...you can keep Thomas if you bring back Dave...to have them verbally spar would be amusing...

said sarcastic one on September 9, 2008 8:41 PM.

My personal favorite of these snakes-on-a-TV-show douchebags has gotta be jeff corwin. That guy bothers the snakes yeah, but he's just so damn NICE about it.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 9, 2008 10:28 PM.

oh man, iforgot about snakes on a plane!

said notjohndoe2 on September 10, 2008 12:22 AM.

I sure hope Brady don't let a little peck on the nose keep him from gettin close to snakes.

My favorite animal movie was that dolt who got eaten by the grizzlies. I laughed so hard i shot Dr. pepper out my nose.

said phatlard on September 10, 2008 2:37 AM.

I always root for the animals when a retard goes into the wild to mess with them for TV shows.

They're on their own, so leave them.

Tommy Boy, slow down pal. You're about to be propped into a corner, and it's coming so fast... Although your sissa asked us to help you being a good person, you aren't helping us to help you. (Too much Jerry Maguire?)

I have just remembered... Years ago, there was a guy in my home town who sold some natural medicines on the street and he had a rattlesnake in a bag. As a part of his show, he used to get the rattlesnake and give his hand for her to bite. After putting the animal back in the bag he rubbed some awful looking ointment in his hand asserting that that disgusting thing would clean the poison from his system. Woooooo Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh.... Sure it can... Though I don't know of anyone who tried it for real.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 10, 2008 8:04 AM.