Hurricane Ike Knocks Geraldo On His Can
Of course there isn't anything funny about hurricanes. We hope those of you that are affected by Hurricane Ike are safe and we wish you well. Nothing funny about hurricanes.

But a blowhard reporter trying to show his moxy by broadcasting live in the storm and getting knocked on his backside? Now that is funny.

You stay classy Galveston.

There's just something not very likable about this guy. The impressive thing here is that even with the hurricane many hours away the sea was so high and strong.

said etantao on September 13, 2008 10:26 AM.

Geraldo never really recovered from the Al Capone Vault debacle.

said Johnny Wright on September 13, 2008 10:38 AM.

I think the trauma of Woodstock ticket destruction still has him rattled.

said Brother Bill on September 13, 2008 10:57 AM.

I was hoping for a fly by chair to the face like that skin head show he had, HA HA

said Friggan on September 13, 2008 12:50 PM.

That was a classic moment in television history.

said Johnny Wright on September 13, 2008 12:53 PM.

Geraldo must be really tall. If the 20' high water mark would be at his waist, and the 25' just above his shoulders, proportionally, he'd be about 11' tall.

said Outback Jon on September 13, 2008 1:02 PM.

Hurricanes cause big waves and are windy and rainy? We need some crack reporting on this. Get Geraldo down there now.

What a trooper.

said E on September 13, 2008 4:10 PM.

I would have liked to see Ike Turner, the orginal, slap Geraldo around a little:

'Eat the cake Geraldo!, Eat the god damn cake!'
'No Ike!'

said E on September 13, 2008 4:19 PM.

I agree E, the real Ike would have really done a better job.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 13, 2008 5:19 PM.

Hurricanes are not funny. Neither is an empty vault.

I remember watching with excitement as they opened Al Capone's vault. Geraldo was believable for 1 hour and 50 minutes. I was especially thrilled because my uncles boot-legged with Capone in the '40's.

You would think that (and the networks) would have remembered that. He is still a bumbling idiot who acts before thinking.

It would have been wonderful to see him go down and get swept off the sea wall. I kept waiting for the mic to give him a little shock.

Nope, nothing - just like the vault.

Thanks for the disappointment again, Geraldo.

said molli on September 13, 2008 6:14 PM.

Molli your uncles were bootleggers were Al Capone?!? Really? I thought my family was interesting because we're related to British explorer James Cook. That's right, Australia and Hawaii. But bootlegging with Capone, that is quite a topic to bring up at a dinner party.

I was talking to my brother about the Capone Vault today. I watched it as a 12-year-old. And laughed my head off at the dirt and broken bottles that were "discovered."

said Johnny Wright on September 13, 2008 6:37 PM.

Molli - They ran liquor with Capone AFTER he got out of prison? I thought he lost all control of everything after he was released and just faded away in Florida; syphilis and all. If your uncles had an established bootlegging gig with Capone after he was released, that's quite a story. I would push to get the details on that if I were you ... it could be one of the few Capone stories yet unknown.

said Tim on September 13, 2008 9:15 PM.

Well Tim, Capone at least in jail twice. Once pretty early in his life for about 1 year and after Ness and company got him on the tax beef for 8 years or so. She could mean the first one because after that term he became even more powerful. On the inside he even had a fully furnished cell with even a radio.

said etantao on September 13, 2008 9:31 PM.

Damn, Geraldo's so scuzzy the hurricane threw him back. that says alot for the man...

said Sheriff Pablo on September 13, 2008 10:55 PM.

E - But she said that it was in the 40's ...

said Tim on September 14, 2008 1:29 AM.

The Fogerty boys ran hooch back and forth from Iowa to Chicago - and some other places along the way. I am not sure of the exact dates you historians, but I know Jack, Jim and Orville (my uncles) were in on this operation. I will look into it further.

Johnny, I am glad to know that somebody was able to laugh - we should have seen it coming. It was Geraldo after all.

said molli on September 14, 2008 2:02 AM.

I just happened to flippin by fox news and saw him hit the deck live. I'm sending him a christmas card this year for sure now. That was funny shit. I hate how the media hypes up the storms. If i didn't know better, i would have thought Ike raped thousands on it's way through.

Nothing like seeing Jerry Rivers get dumped on his ass.

said phatlard on September 14, 2008 3:04 AM.

HEY i didnt know this place hadda myspace! someone jecckit sowhycan beerfriends!

said notjohndoe2 on September 14, 2008 6:20 PM.

glad to see the stache still in tact

said notjohndoe2 on September 14, 2008 10:34 PM.