Fran Drescher: Diplomat

franny2.jpg

Finally, after years of spitting in the face of the worlds opinion, the US government is doing something to change its reputation.

In the most irritating way possible.

A few hours ago forgotten actress Fran Drescher became a US ambassador.

And what a perfect choice Fran is to make the world see the land of the free in a completely different light.

Under her new title, Ms. Drescher will raise awareness of women's issues, cancer awareness and detection, and patient empowerment and advocacy. (Christina Applegate was not available I guess.)

franny.jpg

So rest easy citizens of the world, Ms. Drescher intends to bring her unique kind of annoyance humor to your barrio and slowly repair America's approval rating in your country, one grating laugh at a time.

God, America really needs your blessing.

Luckily none of those topics are laughing matters...

But really, if we want to "fuck cancer", what better weapon to fight it with than the sound of her laugh? (she won her battle, so it must work)

Hey, we have survived almost 8 years of George in charge; Fran can't do too much damage....

said sarcastic one on September 8, 2008 10:20 PM.

Next up, Urkel for Senate ??

said Friggan on September 8, 2008 10:31 PM.

If I were Fran I'd be afraid for my safety abroad. Unless she doesn't open her mouth.

said Baierman on September 8, 2008 10:47 PM.

Friggan - Urkel is an ambassador...of fun

said Baierman on September 8, 2008 11:02 PM.

Baier...
that line is going to be stuck in my head...
along with:
"Did EYE do that?"

said sarcastic one on September 8, 2008 11:09 PM.

and talk about the battle of the annoying laughs....

Forget about what they've been teaching me in school about how the Middle East hates us because of our imperialistic past...it really IS our pop culture that they're trying to destroy...

Can we evacuate like we do for a hurricane and let them have at it?

said sarcastic one on September 8, 2008 11:12 PM.

Who in our government did this and why do they hate america so much? aare they TRYING to give the rest of the world a reason to nuke us?

said Sheriff Pablo on September 8, 2008 11:16 PM.

Clearly, this is the worst atrocity of our current administration or any since Rutherford B. Hayes.

said kbk on September 8, 2008 11:21 PM.

It's George's farewell gift....my guess
her trip "will include stops in Romania, Hungary, Kosovo and Poland"

Eh, they've seen worse times than that....it'll be okay....
then again...Geneva Convention and all....hmmm....

Meanwhile, I found this...huh--what?
[From 06/25/2007 10:09:45 PM]

What bubble was I in that I missed that????

said sarcastic one on September 8, 2008 11:27 PM.

okay, totally didn't paste my comment right....here's what I read/she said:

Beloved U.S. TV star and cancer survivor FRAN DRESCHER is considering a run for Congress. The actress-turned-activist has been approached by high ranking politicians who would like to see her taking a political role and now has until "the end of the summer" to decide if she wants to campaign. She tells American magazine Ladies Home Journal, "It's something that I thought I'd end up moving towards, but I didn't think that I would do it by the end of the summer. "I question also if I am I more effective as a lobbyist and a spokesperson than as an elected official, where I have to divide my attention to a lot of other things."

said sarcastic one on September 8, 2008 11:29 PM.

A Fran Dresher, Rosie Perez ticket would encapsulate the New YoaaKaah tickt quite well. Shut yer yap if you don't like it haeah?

said E on September 8, 2008 11:35 PM.

What? it is April 1st already?... time sure goes fast!

said Gio on September 9, 2008 5:53 AM.

I just hate her. Her voice and laughing made me want to kill myself.
But I agree with Pablo, the US are trying to give the world a reason to nuke 'em.
I hope in God that her tour doesn't include Brazil.

What the hell were they thinking of when they chose her to be an ambassador? God damn!
Maybe they asked her to not run for the Congress if she was nominated ambassador.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 9, 2008 8:59 AM.

Well if you're going to do this, why not repair relations with the Arab states and make Gilbert Gottfried ambassador to Palestine?

said Tim on September 9, 2008 9:06 AM.

I'd like to mirror Tim's sentiments, by suggesting Jean Stapleton help mend the U.S. / North Korea relationship.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 9:41 AM.

Oh! And Michael Jackson can replace Angelina Jolie, Jason Kidd can speak against the injustices of the women in Afghanistan, and Mel Gibson can help ease tensions between Israel and Palestine.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 9:58 AM.

CLC - Are you saying the Brad now has a thing for Michael Jackson?

said Tim on September 9, 2008 10:01 AM.

You know someting Tim, I hadn't even looked at it that way. I was referring to Angelina's work with the orphans. But hey, Mike's feelings for Brad may be appropriate. That nurse that had his babies looked a lot like Brad Pitt now that I think about it.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 9, 2008 10:10 AM.

she a hot laddy.
i do her if she wood.
wi no buddy like that laddy.
prolly cuz she italiun. no buddy like italiuns.
bul shit.

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 10:27 AM.

Deer Thomas,
well said.

said Baierman on September 9, 2008 11:07 AM.

thnks brman. yo and scrmoch arthe onley ones nice too me.
evryone else are ass monke's.

said Thomas on September 9, 2008 11:22 AM.

Tomas, Wii fell yo pane.

said Baierman on September 9, 2008 11:34 AM.