Down Home Political Talk

I am pretty sure these people live just up the hill from me. What I got from the YouTube entry is that these folks are drunk, and they live in southeast Kentucky (as I do). You may laugh, but do not underestimate the voting power of the ignorant. They know how to work a voting machine, and they elected Dubya twice. This kind of talk is not at all new to me, even among the sober. So we can't get complacent about this election, no matter what the polls say.

(via Cynical-C)

Brought to you by the Kentucky department of education.

said Brother Bill on September 27, 2008 10:11 AM.

" You may laugh, but do not underestimate the voting power of the ignorant. They know how to work a voting machine, and they elected Dubya twice."

This is the arrogance of the left. You can't believe that an intelligent person would have voted for President Bush. When I believe you are wrong, I don't assume that you are stupid. Yours is the arrogance of "If people don't agree with me they must be stupid."

said James Jardine on September 27, 2008 10:57 AM.

Geez, Miss C. We have enough trouble overcoming the Kentucky redneck stereotype as it is! Wow, Lexington really is an island in this state.

But she supports Hillary!!!!!! Yay! The target demographic is still solid.

That was painful.

said Tim on September 27, 2008 11:13 AM.

Sadly enough i know people like this. People like this exist everywhere. Only the accent is southern not the type of person.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 27, 2008 11:24 AM.

James, I did not mean that NO intelligent people voted for Dubya. There are quite a few intelligent people who are die-hard republicans, and I can understand why. But Dubya would not have been elected twice without the redneck vote. Recall both 2000 and 2004 were so close, the election came down to the electoral votes of one state. There are tons of voters in this country who will believe anything they hear, like McCain fathered a black child, or John Kerry made a public appearance with Jane Fonda during the Vietnam War. Or that Obama is a Ay-rab.

said Miss Cellania on September 27, 2008 12:18 PM.

Gosh, Miss Cellania, I agree with you. There are voters who believe that Sarah Palin was prayed over by a black minister who mentioned saving her from witchcraft, too! Just because they see it on YouTube, it MUST be true, right?

Personally, I'm not terribly afraid of the redneck vote. This one, in particular, was enamored of Hilary Clinton... poor stupid woman. Luckily, I believe that most true rednecks are too drunk or too hungover to bother going to the polls to begin with.

said Meri on September 27, 2008 1:31 PM.

Boy it's been getting awfully politically hostile over here on YBNBY.

I Can't wait until we get past the election so we can go back to talking about bacon and boobies...

said Sheriff Pablo on September 27, 2008 3:08 PM.

It's the final declaration of "these colors don't run" that made that art.

said Johnny Wright on September 27, 2008 3:46 PM.

I hear you Pablo. Anyway, if you keep the sound off, and don't look at the characters, I kind of admire the landscape there. Green. Hilly. Rural. Rather pleasant imho.

said E on September 27, 2008 4:33 PM.

Wow. Unbelievable. I think that there was more than just moonshine pumping through their veins. I kept waiting for her to fall off that ATV. Isn't illegal to vote under the influence of whatever you can get your hands on?

Poor James, I couldn't understand him either.

Hey Pablo - we are still talking about boobs & bacon - just a different forms. McCain - boob
Palin - lipstick (pig/bacon)

said molli on September 27, 2008 4:51 PM.

Regardless of who you would vote for - this video proves
the need for a mandatory I.Q. test pass mark before the privlege
of a vote is granted.

said cleantowel on September 27, 2008 6:06 PM.

I wish I could understand what her Spanish driver was saying, he seemed to be the smart-mouthed comedian of the bunch.

And what a good dog, sitting still through the whole interview.

said Brother Bill on September 27, 2008 7:12 PM.

This makes me nauseous. Not because she is voting for McCain, but because her reasoning is so flawed that it's ridiculous and makes all female, white Americans look like flippin' idiots. Can I get a class action lawsuit together to sue her for defamation of character?

It's images like this that make me answer the 'where are you from' question the way that I do....I live the South but was born in the North--and I find myself mentioning that in a roundabout way so that people don't deduct IQ points from me in their heads.....terrible but true. All Yankees are not obnoxious and Southerners are not dumb--usually. But the media would have us believe otherwise...

said sarcastic one on September 27, 2008 8:55 PM.

I don't think you can sue when you've just proved the other sides point can you?

I sure hope you are joking S.O., because if you're not, you've just made a real good case for the other side.

said phatlard on September 28, 2008 2:04 AM.

What the hell is the guy on the left doing. Its like he's trying to cover up his face, and rightly so.

Now see, we should do with the rednecks and evangelicals what China did to their drug addicts. Summary execution baby.

said kbk on September 28, 2008 4:03 AM.

pl....
my comments come from a place of frustration and were probably misread. I am actually of both Southern and Northern heritage and currently live in the South. I attend a large diverse university that have many, many intelligent Southerners both teaching and attending it.

BUT---idiots like this woman are what is shown to the public. That's what the media does--take any place in the US, put it in a disaster situation (natural, political, you name it) and the camera will focus on the dumbest individual in a 100 mile radius.
I say she is dumb because she believes that the Ay-rabs are trying to get (their Ay-Rab) Obama into office. Uh, the Saudi Arabians are our ally (and probably provided the gas for the vehicle she was riding on). And they kicked bin Ladin out of their nation years ago.
(and, for the last time, Obama is NOT an Arab!!!)

I am also frustrated that in a nation where half the population is female, where females make up a larger percentage of most college populations, where women are CEOs of corporations and hold many range of political offices, McCain chose Palin. Did Carlet Fiorina turn down his offer? She is also a conservative, but she doesn't sound like a Midwestern Valley Girl like Palin does. She has more leadership experience (from running MNCs) than the governor of Alaska.
And I'm also frustrated that in a society that does have more than a few educated females, the camera in this clip was focused on someone whose last brain cell is drowning in a sea of everclear.

There is a reason that the guy next to her is covering his face...people do that when they do not want to be recognized.

said sarcastic one on September 28, 2008 11:12 AM.

(that has many, many)

said sarcastic one on September 28, 2008 11:13 AM.

(Carley Fiorina---crap--no more emotional writing for me today)

said sarcastic one on September 28, 2008 11:14 AM.

Thank you for mentioning that maybe i had misread. I am guilty of that from time to time. After reading it 2 more times, i'm comfortable with my post.

You mention the media focus on idiots. I would wager that 90% of Americans share your view.

Your generalizations is what throws me. I think i agree in content but i think you're guilty of what you're claiming to dislike, is all i was sayin.

Just my 2 schekels worth.

said phatlard on September 28, 2008 4:49 PM.

IMHO Carly Fiorina being part of McCains team is another strike against him. HP finally kicked her to the curb after years of mismanagement.

That said, she probably is a good fit for the McCain administration.

said E on September 28, 2008 5:01 PM.

I thought for sure Condoleezza Rice was gona be asked. Talk about a landslide victory. The "right", "black" and "women" vote? Are you kidding me? They would have gotten 85% of the votes.

Just incase someone in the McCain camp reads this, I am available Mondays and late Thursdays.

said phatlard on September 28, 2008 5:36 PM.

pl....wow--thanks for thinking that all women and blacks look in the mirror before they decide to vote. While there are some that do, I can vouch for myself and many other females when I say that we don't vote based on which ticket has the vagina.

There is this thing called 'issues' that many voters consider. I have respect for anyone who can give me a valid reason (based on fact, NOT conspiracy theory) for why they are voting for a candidate. Even if you are a one issue voter, I respect that more than someone who says that they are voting AGAINST the candidate the "Ay-rabs" are trying to sneak into the White House.

Do you think that Obama's plans are too much like socialism? Fine.
Are you pro-life and want a candidate who will nominate more conservative justices to the SC? Fine.
Do you think that McCain's voting record is too similar to Bush's and want someone else in the White House? Fine.
Do you think McCain is going to drop dead 3 months into his term and you want the State of the Union address delivered by a MILF who just got promoted? Fine.

I would not vote for Rice, and it's not a race issue--it's a 'she stood by and was a yesman to Bush for 8 years' issue.

Carley did get booted out of HP---but at least she has the educational and work experience background to justify nominating her as a VP pick--and she is well-spoken. Just a random example of someone on McCain's side that would have been a better partner in the race.

We have had 8 years of the world thinking we have an idiot as our leader--I want someone who can get us back on track. (Digging up Reagan or FDR would be a better alternative to Bush at this point, but only iMho)

said sarcastic one on September 28, 2008 6:47 PM.

Yeah, I'd probably vote for FrankenDelanoReaganstein over Bush, too.

said Jeem on September 28, 2008 7:39 PM.

What do they call that thing that holds fabric? You know what I'm talking about? Anyway, give me one of those with any quality of muslin over W.

said E on September 28, 2008 7:53 PM.

Rice was only a yes-person for bush for 4 years i think. Colin Powell was his yes-man for the first term.

Also she's an idiot. And thats not woman bashing that's idiot bashing.

Jeff foxworthy had it right. People hear a southern accent and automatically subtract 30 IQ points.

And after a natural diaster it's always the trailer dwelling 400 pounder in a muu-muu and hair rollers that makes the evening news.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 28, 2008 7:59 PM.

SP---Powell was Secretary of State for the first term, but Rice has been with him for the whole 8 years, just in different positions (national security advisor).

She once slipped up and referred to W as her husband....so maybe that disproves my point (how many women would say they are their husband's yesman in this day and age?)...but it does show how close she thinks they are...she is single...

said sarcastic one on September 28, 2008 8:09 PM.

I thought i would help with the generalizations... And pander for a job, 'cause everyone knows that ybnby has leggs.

said phatlard on September 28, 2008 11:17 PM.

pl....so your availability makes you a 'maybeman', huh? (I'm thinking if you were a yesman your hours would be more flexible....)

btw...what region do you live in?

said sarcastic one on September 29, 2008 12:00 AM.

It makes me a very busy "damnstraightman". Which gives me power over yesmen and maybemen.

I reside in the great Northwest.

said phatlard on September 29, 2008 12:28 AM.