Nun Beauty Pageant!
sound-of-music-maria-nun-julie-andrews.jpgItalian priest Antonio Rungi announced Sunday that he is organizing an online beauty pageant for nuns. Apparently Tony is doing this to fight the stereotype that nuns are all "old and dour."

Makes perfect sense.

Said Tony the theologian:
Nuns are a bit excluded, they are a bit marginalized in ecclesiastical life. This will be an occasion to make their contribution more visible.

Tony says not to worry, there isn't going to be nuns parading around in two-piece bathing suits. That would be crazy. The sisters will be able to choose if they will pose with or without the traditional vail and/or habit covering their head. Saucy.

When it comes to the talent portion of the pageant, I think Tony needs to make it clear that the nuns will need to perform on their own. If a rebellious nun who has left the abbey to become a governess is allowed to use a family of Austrian children who can really sing to back her up, that is not fair. Those kids are ringers.

(UPDATE: It appears that Tony has cancelled the nun beauty pageant. Apparently the higher-ups did not see the effort to show the nun's inner beauty as appropriate. Shocking...)

I've alway's thought Nuns were hot.
Speaking of which, where did the name NuN, come from??

said Dave on August 25, 2008 8:46 AM.

Nun is believed to be be a shortenting of the word "Renunciant"... Nuns have renounced worldly existence.

Oh, and this thread is useless without pics.

said LostInDaJungle on August 25, 2008 10:33 AM.

Pics of the nun beauty pageant Lost? It hasn't happened yet, but it's supposedly going to be an online pageant so we may have photos soon.

said Johnny Wright on August 25, 2008 10:36 AM.

Thanks LoDiJu.
I didn't know that.

said Dave on August 25, 2008 10:43 AM.

Wow...This should be interesting...I guess we'll see Nuns badside...i can't wait to see the photos..this would be funny.

www.NycCelebs.com

said avionne on August 25, 2008 11:54 AM.

Will there be a nun flying on the talent's show? It's a long ago since I saw it for the last time.

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 25, 2008 12:58 PM.

Does this mean there's at least one straight (perhaps bisexual priest) on the Vatican?

I think the church must be pretty hard off to have to resort to whoring up the nuns.

said etantao on August 25, 2008 3:50 PM.

isnt that a big contradiction ? Well id be like those nuns in the manson video!

said Holly on August 25, 2008 10:41 PM.

Just heard on the radio that it was canceled. And after they got their bikini lines done.

said etantao on August 26, 2008 12:45 PM.

ha ha etantao... good pun... hard up...

said Jeni Gump on August 26, 2008 1:19 PM.

etantao - I'm having trouble posting on the forum, so I'm asking you here... what did I do wrong there?

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 1:25 PM.

Ach, the forum STILL doesn't work? wtf isn't wrong with it now?

said Scaramouch on August 26, 2008 1:34 PM.

Ask the nuns to pray for you.

said Jeni Gump on August 26, 2008 1:36 PM.

Maybe the problem is with me, Scara. I've lost the connection to my home computer, so I'm having to post through the company's firewall.

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 1:37 PM.

Entanao is correct. The whole shebang was cancelled. The plan almost lasted 48 hours.

said Johnny Wright on August 26, 2008 1:39 PM.

LC what we are doing is something big that will mean a lot to many people but you called it a "little conspiracy"

said etantao on August 26, 2008 1:49 PM.

So it's that man? Sorry, but I was not intended to diminish it. Was just a misuse, so.

And I misunderstood you. I thought you were mad at me because I started the topic and did not told anyone that I did it, and did not put all the names in there, and this kind of stuff... you know.

But trust me, I'm not trying to give it less importance than it deserves. It was only a misuse of the words. And I'll check before posting things like that again.

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 2:02 PM.

You better, the big guy might get mad and storm off the site!

said etantao on August 26, 2008 2:18 PM.

[personal drama soundtrack starts]
Don't blame me... I'm just a poor South American guy who has been harassed the whole life by the big corporations and the first world countries and I'm trying to fit with you guys... boo-hooo
[personal drama soundtrack ends]

Jokes aside, I still have some issues to write in English. I've learned just a little in the school, and mostly I learned it by my self, reading, listening to songs, watching movies... But never went to a private school to study the language, until 2 months ago, when I finally got time and money together to invest in it.
So, if I write something that misfit, is obscure, or you don't understand or maybe mean the opposite of what i was trying to say, it's unintended. Trust me. It's just me fighting against the grammar...

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 2:30 PM.

come on LC, you don't have to do that. i believe we all understand that and all that's said here is in good fun. i too have another language as my first one and still learn more every day about this one, that normal and good. :)

said etantao on August 26, 2008 2:51 PM.

I know I didn't need to, but I'm just putting it because in one other forum I used to post, the guys used to joke on me a lot, and not the funny way we do here, because of my limitations.
I haven't had any problems here in YBNBY because of my limited English. I was just making it clear.

And I think that the relationships I built here and the fun times that I had so far, reading, commenting and playing around are better than any English course I could join.

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 3:10 PM.

Your English is fine Leonardo. I make mistakes plenty and English is my first (and mostly only) language.
Cheers bro.

said E on August 27, 2008 1:12 AM.