Barbie helps man catch fish

barbierod.jpg

Barbie can do anything and this proves it.

Ya see David Hayes was holding his granddaughters pink Barbie rod and reel while she went to the bathroom. Seconds later he landed the North Carolina state record channel catfish at 21 pounds, 1 ounce. He snagged the catch on Barbies 6-pound test line.

The catfish was 32 inches long, 2 inches longer than the rod.

Well done David. And Mattel.

Link

Look at the dude's face. Does that face say 'WTF?'

Hilarious.

said Tim on August 22, 2008 12:33 PM.

It's a hoax. That's grandma Pearlie...

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on August 22, 2008 12:44 PM.

I, Don't Swayze Bro, do hereby decree that, after two years of failed attempts (I believe my original attempted effort commenced on a post about, of all things, a giant squid), I have successfully posted as a registered user!

On a post about a man who caught a fish with a barbie doll fishing rod.

Ta-da!

Our long national nightmare is over.

said Don't Swayze Bro on August 22, 2008 12:54 PM.

DSB, you're PINK!!!

Congratulations!!

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on August 22, 2008 12:56 PM.

Swayze, this is a great day. I'm sick and tired of approving your wit.

said Johnny Wright on August 22, 2008 1:06 PM.

Aw, nutz.

Now I understand how Jason Beghe felt when he reached the top level of Scientology.

said Don't Swayze Bro on August 22, 2008 1:06 PM.

I think we should have a party for DSB.

said Jeni Gump on August 22, 2008 2:31 PM.

Welcome in, DSB...

Tim, his face realy say it... it's like:
"What the Fuck! Could you believe it? Man... I've been telling those bullshit fisher stories my whole life and now... wow... I'm not on my own. Pinch me, please Mabel, I think I'm dreaming."

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 22, 2008 3:04 PM.

I once caught a rusty can of Hawaiian Punch with a bamboo pole.

Sadly, not a world record.

said Baierman on August 22, 2008 3:13 PM.

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before:

What's the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?
Ones a slimy, scum sucking, bottom feeder, the other's a fish.

(Thanks folks, I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip well the staff here is wonderful....)

said E on August 22, 2008 4:44 PM.

I once caught a two-headed ...

nevermind.

said Tim on August 22, 2008 9:36 PM.

sure...just "holding" his "grandaughter's" barbie rod.....nothing wrong with big men that like small rods

said ellenmarycollins on August 24, 2008 9:18 AM.