Funniest A Capella on the Web
We all knew someone in an A Capella group in college. Perhaps you were in one yourself. Most of these cover bands sans instruments were filled with leftovers from the drama club. They're goofy, slightly odd, and, like it or not, talented. But the one thing you had to give them credit for was that many were often clever. Here are a collection of videos featuring some of the funnier performances.

Nothing like white boys recreating "Thriller"

Yes, it's Christmas in July

Some of your favorite Nintendo tunes

I'm not sure what's more funny, the dancing or the lead-singer's channeling of a pre-pubecent Taylor Hanson.

Bohemian Rhapsody, complete with accurate Queen inspired hand motions.

A Britney Medley

Sublime's "What I Got"

This isn't exactly funny, but the song lends itself perfectly to an A Capella performance. Plus, the lead singer is pretty talented.

My favorite Acapulco singing group is Andy Bernard's division at Cornel, Here Comes Treble.

said Johnny Wright on July 18, 2008 11:53 AM.

Those were pretty good actually. The last one in particular.

(I didn't know anyone in college who did A Cappella though. I went to Colo State. Then again maybe my circle of acquaintence was too small a sample.)

said E on July 18, 2008 1:55 PM.

After watching this video all I can say is
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - LOL!

said cleantowel on July 19, 2008 12:14 AM.

Although I take no personal pride in being able to name two A Capella groups, I can't help but comment after receiving textual recognition from Johnny Wright (it's like crack). I've always enjoyed Da Vinci's Notebook, and on a collegiate level, University of Michigan's The Friars. However, I in no way endorse the existence of U of M.

said Paul on July 19, 2008 1:32 AM.

said Paul on July 19, 2008 2:02 AM.

Yes, Paul. Reading me is a lot like crack.

Cheers.

JW

said Johnny Wright on July 19, 2008 2:32 PM.