We Only Have 48 Hours To Buy Canned Goods
Better make a run to Safeway, kids. And hustle.

According to obvious religious leader and not opportunistic nut-job Yisrayl "Buffalo Bill" Hawkins, nuclear war will be commencing this Thursday, June 12th. About noonish.

I would love to write more, but I'm heading out to buy cans of tuna and NASA blankets.

Good luck to you all...

Hey! You guys remember this reaaally crazy cat named Jim Jones?

I think buffalo here took a page out of the manual.

Time to get some 7.62 x 39mm ammo......

said Trailwaze on June 10, 2008 1:07 PM.

Yet another reason to never travel to Texas. Ever.

said Echowood on June 10, 2008 1:22 PM.

Google Texas polygamist sect or go to AustinArmericanStatesman.com (Austin360.com also)
Not quite as kookey as Buffalo here, but still pretty out there.

said Trailwaze on June 10, 2008 1:36 PM.

Ya know if this really did happen NewYork would be the first to go. Would that be the end to YBNBY as we know it?

said Dave on June 10, 2008 4:00 PM.

We could still post from hell.

said Johnny Wright on June 10, 2008 4:35 PM.

You want to move to Camden?

said Trailwaze on June 10, 2008 5:51 PM.

Wait, does this mean we never find out who wins the NBA finals? Hopefully Jimmy the Fish will consider "series suspended indefinitely due to nuclear war" a push.

said Sean on June 10, 2008 8:45 PM.

I wouldn't worry Sean. If there is one thing we know, it's that wise guys and shylocks are tough ... but they are fair.

The sports gambling bylaws clearly state that nuclear war makes any bet null and void.

You should be fine.

said Johnny Wright on June 10, 2008 9:10 PM.

I'm going to make about 500 vague predictions about the end of the world in the hopes that years from now, people will crowbar actual events to fit my writings and brand me a genius.

Thanks Johnny, I feel better now. I suspect that much like cockroaches, organized crime can survive a nuclear holocaust.

Um, not that I'm calling those guys cockroaches...hm, who could be at my door at this hour...

said Sean on June 11, 2008 5:53 AM.

An excellent plan Sean. I have no doubt you will be a modern day Nostradamus.

"Sean predicted BBQ chicken pizza flavored Doritos! He's like a sorcerer."

said Johnny Wright on June 11, 2008 10:26 AM.

This was actually supposed to occur in 2007. Looks like Bill was wrong

said Ian on June 11, 2008 7:15 PM.

I'm still here. Can I assume 'the overseer' (sweet title btw) has apologized for his being wrong?

said E on June 14, 2008 9:52 PM.

Whenever I see anything like this it reminds me of Crazy Eddie.

said Jeni Gump on July 1, 2008 3:09 PM.