Uwe Boll's Favorite Films
uwe0ay.jpgGerman film director Uwe Boll, or Ed Wood with studio funding, is known to many as the worst film director in the world. He has an astonishing four films in the IMDB Bottom 100. He's challenged critics and Michael Bay to boxing matches. Earlier this year, an online petition appeared with the goal of stopping Uwe from ever putting another story onto celluloid. Uwe even posted an hilarious response video saying that if one million film fans sign it, he'll stop making films all together. There is nearly 300,000 signatures so far. Come on, planet Earth, together we can.

(Two notes about that link; It has some salty language, quiet it down if you're at work, and Uwe refers to himself in the third person more times than a post game Karl Malone press conference.)

When asked about his five favorite films, Uwe responded with these.

I dunno, maybe he should watch Citizen Kane a few more time until it sinks in.

he likes to keep things balanced, he makes some of the worst movies ever but likes some of the best ever, its like his personal ying yang.

said etantao on May 19, 2008 1:20 PM.

I dont' know what movies he's made (which are the ones that suck)?. His likes seem fair enough.

As far as I am concerned as long as David Lynch is still able to do what hes been doing, no one needs a petition.

said E on May 19, 2008 9:54 PM.

You mean....eat his fans' panties?

said Scaramouch on May 19, 2008 10:45 PM.

Scaramouch, no, that wasn't what I was thinking. Thanks for that link though (I guess). Damn. I thought his NPR interviews were messed up enough.

BTW, it isn't so much eating his fan's panties that bugged me, it was the flaky editing. Do it or don't man, whats the point of repeating what you say like that?

I was thinking of every movie he's made that I have had the bad sense to sit through with the possible exception of The Elephant Man, which could have been really great in some rational person's hands.

I don't know Uwe's ouevre, but tell me what he's done that's so bad as that dude, who gets nominated for awards, proving what a bunch twats 'film' fans are.

said E on May 19, 2008 11:46 PM.

Just watched the Uwe clip. That dude was kind of funny. Just have him making a movie of him talking improve style. That I might watch.

said E on May 20, 2008 12:00 AM.

I'm not a big Lynch fan, but he did make The Elephant Man. Granted, that was 28 years ago. Blue Velvet is pretty good too.

Boll has an astonishing track record of critical bombs and box office failures. He is funny, that I concede.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to write, E. We appreciate it.

JW

said Johnny Wright on May 20, 2008 12:11 AM.

Fair enough Johnny.

But still, did this guy make a movie that I might have seen in a theatre in Denver? From what I caught some video game fans don't like his interpration of some game. Someone name a movie for me to get the Uwe sample going.

Also, to give David Lynch his due, that clip made me wonder, How the hell do you get in that position?

said E on May 20, 2008 1:19 AM.

An excellent and very funny point. I have no idea how Lynch is siting next to a fan and then has her pink knickers if his mouth. I cannot imagine how one goes for "A" to "B" in that situation.

"Here's an idea film fan. I'd like to your put your panties in my mouth on camera. Sound good?"

said Johnny Wright on May 20, 2008 8:41 AM.

David Lynch has mad game. Got to respect that.

said E on May 20, 2008 4:04 PM.