Uh, Mr. Russert, These Microphones Are Really Sensitive

It appears that Tim Russert let a little dirty wind slip on live television last night. Best Week Ever has the video and it spreading faster than that one with Ben Affleck bumming Jimmy Kimmel. It is being reported that the video is not doctored.

I'll be honest with you. I'm a college educated, well-read man in his thirties, and I still can't help thinking farts are funny. My Mom will not like that when she reads this, but it's true. A squeaker on live TV? That's like a pie in the face; funny every time.

This is not unprecedented. We've had a few other classic television toot moments. A fitness fart. Regis dropping bass to the delight of a giggling Kelly Ripa. And the hall of famer, the Cadilac of live TV gas, the Swedish reporter letting a real beauty go. "Quick! Cut to commercial! Ingrid just, uh, cut one!"

Giggle amongst yourselves.

Braaap! I barely caught the Russert one, but that Swedish chic's one was pretty obvious. Good hustle going to the commercial. Pretty funny stuff, but I guess if you're a reporter it doesn't really enhance your credibilty. (Unless you're reporting on farts).

said E on May 21, 2008 7:06 PM.

Yes, unless you are reporting on farts.

said Johnny Wright on May 21, 2008 7:15 PM.

Or if you're on the Howard Stern show.

said E on May 21, 2008 8:19 PM.

I miss him. This morning sucked without him.

said Jeni Gump on June 29, 2008 11:18 AM.

I know what you mean Jenny. I miss him too. He was one-of-a-kind.

This November's election is going to be less entertaining without Mr. Russert's white board.

R.I.P.

said Johnny Wright on June 29, 2008 11:25 AM.

Have you been reading all of the articles about the overwhelming outpouring of emotion from us ordinary folk that have been expressing our condolences? I hope he knew how much he was loved by this country, he was the most influential member of the media in our lifetime. Kinda like Bob Ross was with painting and Art Bell before the 20/20 special on UFO's.

Kieth Olberman better not be able to plant his ass in Russerts seat, ever. Olberman will kill the show with his divaness. Have you been reading what he's been doing on Page 6? Anyone whom has been on Page 6 doesn't deserver the seat. Russert was a private man and understood that his role was to bring put the best/worst in whomever he had on the show. Russert held himself to a very high standard and knew that the only way we would take him seriously would be if he did so. Does anyone have any bad press on Rusesert? I really think they should just retire Meet the Press and put something else in it's spot because no one will ever be able to be on par with Russert and that will kill what he took so long to mature.

said Jeni Gump on June 29, 2008 11:46 AM.

I have read a bunch of them. Many were quite good.

I don't think KO will take the chair on Meet the Press. He's too acerbic.

I would put my money on Chris Matthews.

said Johnny Wright on June 29, 2008 11:53 AM.

Who's gunna do Hardball then?

said Jeni Gump on June 29, 2008 12:16 PM.

I dunno.

said Johnny Wright on June 29, 2008 12:23 PM.

Make it a poll for Monday!

Oh, and good morning Johnny.

said Jeni Gump on June 29, 2008 12:31 PM.