A Pound of Flesh
2F762065.jpg
My mom always told me she'd disown me if I got a tattoo. And I think I found a work-around. Who needs a tattoo when you can have a design carved into your skin? This practice really exists and it kind of freaks me out. Continue reading for more images. (Note, most of these images are pretty damn graphic, so if you have a weak stomach or just finished breakfast, you might want to skip them. You've been warned. Seriously, I'm not kidding.)

(Via bmezine.com)

2F078956.jpg
2F227079.jpg
2F254983.jpg
2F407219.jpg
2F456855.jpg

i've seen many times works in which the skin gets burned either by a very hot piece of metal or electrical currents. the results are interesting but i wouldnt do it for anything. this is the first time i see actual carving to achieve a design. it looks painful as hell and not for any amount of money would i do that... but i must say in looks INCREDIBLY beautiful, i just love the result.

said etantao on April 17, 2008 2:36 PM.

I hope she saved those curls of skin - they'd be delicious deep fried, just like pork crackling...

said munky_g on April 17, 2008 4:54 PM.

"It puts the lotion on it's skin"

Yeah, I don't know about that. The pain must have been incredible.

said bobaloo on April 17, 2008 8:47 PM.

I'm shocked at how good it turned out. I wouldn't have thought that work as well as it did.

said RumorsDaily on April 17, 2008 11:12 PM.

omg...that was bad...

even i couldn't get turned on by a hot broad :(

said kitch on April 18, 2008 10:18 AM.

It's less painful than a tattoo if done well.
it's not cutting all the flesh out, it's just a layer of the skin that comes off.

and if you people are freaked out by THIS, you'd faint if you knew the meaning of the word subincision.

anyways, yes, the result looks great, sometimes scarification ends up with gnarly keloids, or the results don't show up at all. this one is beautiful, and the design is great. It must have been done by a very talented artist!

said David on April 19, 2008 3:00 PM.

Shudder. When I was in 8/9th grade kids would do something similar.
You get a pencil eraser and rub it against, say, the back of your
hand. It doesn't hurt, but you must rub off a layer of skin or
something. It'll leave scabs/scars on their for a while. So you just
'erase' in the image of what you want and voila! (Home tattooing
is came later of course.)

said E on April 20, 2008 12:53 AM.