Bacon-flavored Vodka

baconvodka.jpg

A few days ago I bookmarked a recipe for Bacon-Flavored vodka to try making, but in the last few days, the site has gone dark. Luckily, Google still has a cache of the page, so before it gets lost forever, I thought I'd rerpoduce it here to add to our growing list of bacon-themed ingestibles.

Bacon Vodka

Makes up one pint

• Fry up three strips of bacon
  • Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or you could go hog wild and just pile in a bunch of fried up bacon scraps.
  • Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.
  • Fill the jar up with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks.(No need to refrigerate)
  • At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.
  • Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.
(Originally published on BrowniePointsBlog.)

I'd like my martini bacon, not stirred.

said Will on January 27, 2008 3:37 PM.

Will, you owe me a new keyboard.

said Orp on March 3, 2008 7:41 PM.

Sometimes at night, I get pretty lonely. I guess I'm kind of a sad guy.

said Eugene Parvous on March 4, 2008 6:55 PM.

I want to hug you and humbly, in your presence, drink myself pitiful

said lova on March 7, 2008 9:09 AM.

BLTinis rock! I followed the Brownie Points recipe for bacon vodka, made tomato water and garnished. Delish, man.

recipe is on my blogspot "luck with a capital f"

Keep on curin'!

said Debra on March 8, 2008 6:55 PM.

Dude, I'm usually too lazy (and drunk) to cook/make anything, but I think I might muster up the motivation to combine two of my most beloved ingestables.

said Sancho on March 17, 2008 2:25 PM.

If you Google "bacon vodka," there is a Google cache of a /ck/ page with pictures of the entire process of bacon vodka making. Only it's from this summer and is a completely different person.

said Fisty on April 1, 2008 6:20 PM.

How fried should the bacon be fried ?

said GFYM on May 22, 2008 5:51 AM.

My brother-in-law made some of this and it's really pretty good.

And for a holiday breakfast treat with a kick: bacon 'n egg nog!

said PLG on July 12, 2008 2:23 PM.

Is there a commercial BACON VODKA on sale anywhere?

I was thinking, "What about Peppered Beef Jerky Vodka?" It would be both American AND Russian at the same time!

said Thelodius on September 5, 2008 12:03 AM.

The best part of waking up is bacon in your cup.

said Rush Elkins on January 8, 2009 1:05 AM.

I have made bacon vodka in a similar way, though I infuse it for longer, and keep it refrigerated the whole time. I found it makes an excellent Bloody Mary, and when garnished with a bib lettuce leaf, I call it a BLT cocktail.

said Rhonan on January 18, 2009 2:16 AM.

Thanks for the recipe! I made several pints of this to give as winter holiday gifts this year. Aside from the *really* strange looks they and I got, they were a smash hit. :-)

One note about the straining. Coffee filters clogged up too quickly for me. I was going through 2-3 filters per pint and making quite a mess. Eight layers of cheesecloth was quicker but left the mixture cloudy no matter how many times I re-froze and re-filtered. But cheap, medium-weight paper towel that had been thoroughly wet and wrung out (old substitute coffee filter trick) worked perfectly and yielded a clear product similar to the photo above.

said Guardian on January 20, 2009 5:16 PM.

All we need is an egg flavored vodka and we'll have breakfast.

said whitenoiz on May 16, 2009 12:52 PM.

iiiiiittttt's BACON!!!!

drunks don't know it's not bacon

said huring on May 25, 2009 11:51 PM.

hung over? then have a little 'hair of the hog'

said Dallas Native on May 27, 2009 11:25 AM.

Advocaat is an egg liqueur from the Netherlands, made with a brandy base. It can also be made with a vodka base. This and bacon vodka would be a great morning shot, and would likely layer nicely. Bacon and eggs. Mmmm, good.

said yumyums on May 29, 2009 6:17 AM.

what type of bakon that u use? beef bacon or pork bacon?

said riko on May 29, 2009 10:39 PM.

I have a recipe for bacon vodka on my blog - very similar to this one. I totally recommend substituting bourbon sometime, as the bacon really flatters the whiskey. Otherwise, what a brilliant idea with the Advocaat - everyone loves bacon and eggs.
www.qmixalot.com

said Columbine on April 6, 2010 1:55 AM.

They make bacon flavored vodka available commercially. It's really good in mixed drinks but honestly DON'T EVER DRINK IT STRAIGHT. you have been warned.

www.bakonvodka.com

said uberwebgeek on December 9, 2010 9:03 AM.