Why are virgins more desirable?

likeavirgin.jpg

A political email discussion I had with a guy turned to sex, and the question came up about men wanting virgins. The question is, why?

Is it because you want to marry a virtuous woman?

Do you feel a virgin would more likely remain faithful?

Is it the disease thing?

Does it feel better with a virgin?

Is it territorial, a mark of possession?

Are men afraid of being compared to a previous lover?

Or is there some other reason? Or would you prefer a somewhat experienced woman, or does it matter at all?

Please leave a comment and tell me how you feel.

Hell, it never bothered me and besides...I want a woman who can handle me.

said actor212 on February 28, 2007 10:56 AM.

At this point in my life, I >don't

The whole 'virgin' thing is about as much of a myth as the 'men only like big boobs'. Perhaps it made sense, to people in the 50s.

said Dell Tamale on February 28, 2007 12:00 PM.

The big boob thing is a myth? Whew, glad I didn't listen to my last husband when he suggested surgery.

said Miss Cellania on February 28, 2007 12:31 PM.

Because the only true instincts that man has is self-destruction and despoilation. It is a simple conclusion that a more experienced woman is going to be better in bed, but our hind brains get a woody at the though of sticking it in some corn-fed, blond haired, big titted (which never go out of style) virgin. We can't help it. It's the same reason that catholic girls school uniforms are so erotic.

said Jeff on February 28, 2007 12:48 PM.

said Jeff on February 28, 2007 12:49 PM.

I suspect the original version of the desireablility of virgins had to do with possessions (e.g. THE man possessed something NO OTHER man had.. Sort of like owning the last Edsel ever produced?)

Personally, I think it's far, far over-rated. I think virginity has messed up more honey-moons than people are willing to admit to. It has never been important to me....

btw: Hi Miss C!

e

said e on February 28, 2007 12:58 PM.

Oh yeah...one more thing....I suscribe to the old (1960's) Playboy axiom about "pre-marital sex....it's okay as long as it doesn't hold up the ceremony!

e

said e on February 28, 2007 1:04 PM.

Ummmm.... One of the discussions that I had with my husband when we first met was about finding experience more attractive. The tag line was 'No nubile young virgins for me'.

For him I believe it had to do with hang ups and wanting a woman that had fun with sex and knew what she was doing. Same with me, I want a man that can hit it and knows what 'it' is...

said Seahawk on February 28, 2007 3:31 PM.

Any guy suggesting surgery for breasts, better be the woman's doctor, otherwise he's an ahole.

said saskboy on February 28, 2007 4:26 PM.

Why is nobody mentioning the phrases "tight fit" or "sloppy seconds"?

said Scaramouch on February 28, 2007 5:40 PM.

Pedophelia tendances

said anna speriti on March 1, 2007 1:06 AM.

Virgins are nice if you have a small penis, or you are a lousy lover in bed. How is she going to know?

said Walter on March 1, 2007 2:14 PM.

said Walter on March 1, 2007 2:16 PM.

one. monogamy is the soccer ball in the game between the mind and the animal. it is the humans' primordial sport.
two. men want women and women want men.
three. virgins are like those miraculous games where one team scores all of the points.

basically, virgins ensure the best results for one man's genes passing on to the next generation- if sex is a 50/50 chance for genes, then you might as well go for the gold, no sloppy seconds.

said breg on March 4, 2007 1:29 AM.

"any guy suggesting surgery for breasts better be the woman's doctor" . . . ? ? ? That would be an awful thing for a doctor to suggest or even mention unless she first brought it up

said Todd on March 31, 2007 4:02 PM.

Well, Todd, if I needed surgery to get rid of cancer, my doctor might know about it before I do.

said Miss Cellania on March 31, 2007 4:08 PM.

These days, I think most people don't care that much. And if you do care, you'd be in the minority.

This can work both ways too, I've certainly seen women that desire to date or be with a male virgin over an experienced man.

Honestly, I think the main issue should be how much you really care for someone. If you love them, it shouldn't matter if they're a virgin or not.

said Catesby on April 1, 2007 12:35 AM.