Update: Sprint CEO Emails Me

sprintnextelbig.gif

Just got an email from Sprint CEO Gary Forsee. I'm impressed. He said he'll have someone contact me to resolve this issue. I will keep you posted.

Cool stuff. Sprint kind of runs like that. My wife had a problem with her cell phone and had gotten the run around from several Sprint stores. Eventually had talked to a friend of ours who works IT for the stores in the area (Sprint HQ is in my hometown). An hour later, my wife had a new and better phone, I had a cell phone (both free), and they knocked $15/mo off the family plan.

If they sense they've screwed you over to the point of you terminating your contract, they will bend over backwards to keep you.

said Ed Roberts on February 5, 2007 3:32 PM.

The power of teh interwebs!

said Jennifer on February 5, 2007 7:25 PM.

Great, looks like it might work for you like it did for me. Hope it pans out.

said deriter on February 6, 2007 7:13 PM.

Well, that's one positive reply. When we closed our company last April we had the company phones (three seperate numbers) split into individual accounts, with the billing now going to each individual. Sprint acknowledges that this was the plan but we didn't find out that, although we were paying the monthly bills as individuals, locked away in some super secret accounts file they also had us as still liable for the phones as a company. Oddly enough this only happened on two of the three phones. Well, they said we had indicated that we didn't want to be contacted (for sales etc.) and that that meant we were'nt to be told at all about the unpaid extra bills. We didn't find out until contacted by a collections agency that Sprint had sold our accounts to. Everybody at Sprint was just ASTOUNDED that this went like it did, but they had closed the accounts and sold off the debt so gee, what could they do? Idiots.

Thank god I've only a month left on my indentured servitude (er, um, "contract").

I highly suggest to all my friends and acquaintences (over 20 and counting!) that they avoid Sprint like the plague, and that they suggest the same to their friends and family.

said EmanG on February 6, 2007 8:13 PM.

ngpvlysa szdcwkpie zdiawkg moevbgtuj ftmaw yndpr xskibvlez

said sxdp nlhcjmb on February 27, 2007 12:07 AM.

ngpvlysa szdcwkpie zdiawkg moevbgtuj ftmaw yndpr xskibvlez

said sxdp nlhcjmb on February 27, 2007 12:08 AM.