Who Are They Now? The NFL Quarterbacks' Wives Club (and girlfriends, too)

ashley_manning.jpg

Yesterday, a friend asked me whether Colts QB Peyton Manning was married. I'm supposed to know these things. So I fired up The Google. Turns out Peyton does wear at least one ring. Ashley Manning, above, is a real estate developer and 1997 graduate of the University of Virginia.

While this information was easy to locate, I was surprised to not find one definitive source for photos of NFL players' wives. Not to mention a little let down.

Which brings me to my YesButNoButYes New Year's Resolution. In 2007, if I'm Googling something and can't find it, I must fill the void. It's time to give back. Without further intro blabber, I offer you this semi-complete (yet nonetheless definitive) list of the women behind the men behind center.

brittany_brees.jpg
Brittany Brees, wife of New Orleans Saints QB Drew.
Drew does not talk to his mother, so I'm glad to see the state of his union is strong. Brittany is being discussed as possibly the hottest quarterback's wife in Saints history (or something like that).

kollette_klassen_plummer.jpg
Kollette Klassen, girlfriend of (soon-to-be former) Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer.
They might be engaged; I've read conflicting reports. If Plummer wants to work again next year, the two should enter free agency as a package deal.

melody_carr.jpg
Melody Carr, wife of Houston Texans QB David.
They got engaged when they were 19. When he was at Fresno State, Carr used to wear white tape wrapped around his ring finger to remind him of his wife. Announcers ate this up all season, as did my wife (then girlfriend). We watched a lot of Fresno State games at 11pm on ESPN2 that year.

shaelyn_palmer.jpg
Shaelyn Palmer, wife of Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson.
She seems nice. They have a foundation. I don't have much to say here, so I'll thank Carson for a steady fantasy season, leading me to one first- and one second-place finish.

kim_culpepper.jpg
Kim Culpepper, wife of injured Miami Dolphins QB Daunte.

She doesn't look too happy here, but don't hold it against her. This picture was taken on the way in to Daunte's lewd & disorderly conduct trial, stemming from the 2005 Sex Boat Scandal.

brenda_warner.jpg
Brenda Warner, wife of Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt.
A lot of people make cracks about Kurt's wife, who used to call in to St. Louis radio stations to complain about Kurt's coach Mike Martz. But the Warners seem to be pretty virtuous people, which is backed up by Snopes. I'll move on.

sarah_hasselbeck.jpg
Sarah Hasselbeck, wife of Seattle Seahawks QB Matt.

She was a star field hockey player at Boston College and is not a talk show host.

elisabeth_hasselbeck.jpg
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, wife of New York Giants' third-string QB Tim (brother of Matt).
She's a former Survivor and co-star of The View. I'm just waiting for Rosie O'Donnell to make a crack about Tim's spot on the depth chart. Fingers crossed for '07.

allison_rattay.jpg
Allison Rattay, wife of Tampa Bay Bucs QB Tim Rattay.
This photo was taken a couple seasons ago, when Tim was with the 49ers and Allison quarterbacked San Francisco's flag team.

Carmella_DeCesare_GC34.jpg
Carmella Danielle DeCesare, possible fiance of Philadelphia Eagles QB and savior Jeff Garcia.
Garcia has declared his heterosexuality time and time again. "I don't know how many times I have to be out in public with a girlfriend to stop that from being said." Marrying Playboy Playmate DeCesare looks like his next strategic move.

heather_mitts_aj.jpg
Heather Mitts, girlfriend of Philadelphia Eagles backup QB A.J. Feeley.
In 2004, ESPN.com named the soccer starlet hottest female athlete. She's now a sideline reporter for Major League Soccer on ABC and ESPN2. Imagine who Feeley could be with if he started.

deanna_favre.jpg
Deanna Favre, wife of Green Bay Packers QB Brett.
A breast cancer survivor, Deanna is now an advocate, running the The Deanna Favre Hope Foundation. The Favre family has fallen on hard times, documented here.

nikki_johnson.jpg
Nikki Johnson, wife of (soon-to-be former) Minnesota Vikings QB Brad.

She went to the University of South Florida on a volleyball scholarship and will teach you how to get in shape. I'm pretty sure not one person will click on that link.

jeni_kitna.jpg
Jeni Kitna, wife of Detroit Lions QB Jon.
I'll be honest. I'm running out of steam. Let me turn it over to Bill Simmons, who recently wrote of Kitna: "Hiring Mike Martz to create an offense for Jon Kitna is like hiring Michael Mann to build a one-hour cop drama around Mario Lopez."

mechelle_mcnair.gif
Mechelle McNair, wife of Baltimore Ravens' QB Steve.
Big Hurricane Katrina supporters (that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean.)

brynn_cameron.jpeg
Brynn Cameron, the mother of Arizona Cardinals QB Matt Leinart's son.
At USC, he was a Heisman Trophy winner; she was a star guard on the women's hoops team. The highest profile Trojan couple since Marcus Allen and Nicole Brown Simpson, Cameron & Leinart had a son in November of 2006. According to Cele|bitchy, Leinart has recently been linked to Britney Spears.

Let's call it a post. I know I missed a few. Fans of Robin Pennington and Roxie McNabb will have to look elsewhere. You can email me links to anyone not pictured -- yesbutnobutyes (at) gmail.com. We'll update the gallery and give you (and your site) credit for your Google prowess.

UPDATE: Check back for Part II, coming soon. Rex Grossman's wife, Philip Rivers' wife, even Sage Rosenfels' special lady. Monday or Tuesday (1/8 or 1/9). Or Wednesday (1/10). Quit rushing me.

UPDATE II: The sequel is ready.

Good stuff. The Brees and his mom story is pretty crazy.

(Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the Giants...two annoying tastes that taste annoying together)

said jellio on January 3, 2007 1:51 PM.

Great internet sleuthing. And not one, but two Eagles...OK 1.5.

That half man gonna sashay all over the Cryants (can you believe I just made that up?) on Sunday.

said harry angstrom on January 3, 2007 5:03 PM.

the eagles qbs def. have the two hottest wives on this list, a playboy playmate, and heather mitts

said kambo on January 3, 2007 6:02 PM.

Marcus Allen and Nicole Brown Simpson? I think you mean O.J. Simpson

said ethan on January 3, 2007 6:13 PM.

No, no. I meant Marcus. He and Nicole had a fling. I remember hearing O.J. walked in on them one time. Anyone have a better memory on this one?

said aquaman on January 3, 2007 6:18 PM.

Open it up to All-Time NFL QB's Wives. You can't forget about Holly Robinson Peete.

said Blaine on January 3, 2007 7:37 PM.

#1 on the ex-NFL QB's would HAVE to be Tim Couch and Heather Kozar

said el diablo on January 3, 2007 7:55 PM.

Jake Plummer and Jeff Garcia did really well for themselves!

said dude on January 4, 2007 11:04 AM.

Brynn Cameron is way hotter than Brittany Spears.

said Kyle on January 7, 2007 4:59 PM.

when did Queen Latifah marry Daunte?

said Vinsane on January 7, 2007 6:59 PM.

In the FWIW department, Nikki Johnson (Brad's wife) is Mark Richt's sister.

said Yup on January 7, 2007 10:31 PM.

Daunte's wife is a little big - but I like em that way!

said drew on January 8, 2007 9:47 AM.

Wow. As a Lions fan (don't bother with the comments. Being a fan is all the grief I need) I've never cared for Brett Favre, but having seen his wife, I've gained a whole new respect for him. Hubba hubba!

said Michael on January 8, 2007 11:08 AM.

No wonder Daunte was on the love boat look at his wife.

said Jack on January 9, 2007 4:37 PM.

Hey what about Joey Harrington? He's engaged. I think her name is Emily Hatten. Let's see some pics.

said kelly on January 10, 2007 1:57 PM.

you're all idiots

said D on January 10, 2007 8:45 PM.

How do you know Harrington's fiance's name?

said Julie West on January 15, 2007 5:26 PM.

anyone know anything about rex grossman's wife? i know her name is alison, but i can't find out anything else about her or find pics of her...

said SNL on January 22, 2007 1:44 PM.

Ok, you grabbed my interest. Can you answer these two questions for me, pretty please? Who on earth is Eli Manning with and I read a post the other day about Peyton and Ashley Manning and how supposedly they have an 'open' Relationship. Is this true? --No, I don't expect you to automatically have the answers, but you seem to be able to get them fairly easily enough. I have faith.

said Sarah North on January 22, 2007 11:04 PM.

said Sarah North on January 22, 2007 11:04 PM.

To answer the last three questions...

To SNL: Rex's wife is pictured in the "Part II" of this (the link was added to the bottom of my post).

To Sarah North: Not sure about Eli. A friend of mine claimed he sat behind Eli and what seemed like Eli's girlfriend at an event in New York, and claimed she was very attractive. That's not much of a help. Sorry!

I have not heard about the openness of Peyton's marriage. Sounds like that would be a bigger story. Are you looking for a Manning to love? There's an older brother who does not play football. Maybe he's available.

said aquaman on January 23, 2007 2:29 PM.

Eli's girlfriend's name is Abby - think they've been together since college. Some pics of her are on yahoo, I think.

said J on January 24, 2007 2:44 PM.

The eldest Manning (Cooper) is taken. Sorry. with 2 (maybe 3?) kids. and he did play football although could not do so professionally and stopped because of spinal stenosis.

as for Peyton's marriage, don't tease me :P

said JK on February 6, 2007 9:51 AM.

Why does everyone think Brett Favre's wife is so hot? Yes, she's pretty but not the hottest quaterback wife

said Joe on February 14, 2007 6:43 PM.

Damn, I hate to see that Peyton is married. I had my hopes up. Well best wishes for the both of them, but if any change.... wow.

said jessica on February 27, 2007 8:50 PM.

What about other position's wives? WRs? TEs? etc. We got any other pics?

said Bee on March 19, 2007 9:09 PM.

I don't know who Sara Hasselbeck is, but Elizabeth Hasselbeck is wife to Matt Hasselbeck for the Seattle Seahawks. She is on a talk show, The View, and has a baby with Matt.

said Melissa on March 22, 2007 4:48 PM.

Melissa -- Not quite. Elisabeth Hasselbeck is married to an NFL QB, but not to Matt. Tim Hasselbeck is her husband.

said aquaman on March 22, 2007 5:06 PM.

What's wrong with Daunte's wife? A beautiful black women with style and class. She looks better than all the rest to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder not magazines

said E Edwards on March 29, 2007 9:27 PM.

well sorry to break it to you.... I have couple cousins that live in Indy and say the they see pey and ash out all the time. Often times they are seen hanging out and leaving with other people. So yea I am pretty positive about the "open relation"

said Break2ya on December 9, 2007 4:25 AM.

What about Tom Brady's girlfriend(s). he's had a few high profile girlfriends like Gisele Bundchen,Bridget Moynahan, Tara Reid.

also remember Tony Romo's girlfriends, Carrie Underwood, Jessica Simpson.

said RedSox24 on December 22, 2007 5:48 AM.

Rumor in Indy is Peyton's wife Ashley is having an affair with some nascar driver by the name of Albert (dont know the last name) and Peyton supposedly found out right before the Colts played the Chargers. No wonder he threw 6 picks, and the Colts lost

said nflfan08 on January 5, 2008 10:19 PM.

Peyton Manning could do soooooooooooooooooo much better! His wife is one of those woman who look ok in some pictures then just plain terrible in others, i also have heard that she's been cheating....

said dave on January 8, 2008 5:03 PM.

There is an NFL wives club online. As an ex NFL wife, I am kind of bummed to see us as hotties instead of for what we have accomplished in that arena.

said maryh on February 5, 2008 11:52 PM.

There's a site with a directory page about Joey Harrington's wife, Emily Hatten. Just search Google for "Emily Hatten", and the page comes up under a wiki business.

said Guy Chapman on February 27, 2008 4:31 PM.

Ummm....Laurie Schaub. Matt Schaub's wife. NFL Cheerleader? wow.

said mark on May 11, 2008 2:46 AM.

Deanna Favre is really pretty!

said mary on August 20, 2008 10:26 PM.

Daunte's wife is beautiful. What does size have to do with anything? So, to all these idiots who are making stupid comments. Does size matter when talkin' about your brains? Duhhh grow up! FYI most black men still love thick women, but you folks try to make it seem otherwise.

said ASIA on July 5, 2009 1:24 PM.

Now I see why Daunte' has been sleeping with a very close friend for 10 yrs... His wife is extremely "woof woof".

said ftballsexiestfan on February 13, 2010 9:52 PM.