So...just how illegal do you think this is?

rocky6_filmes_2006_img_05.jpg departed1-1024.jpg

Anyone heard of a site called PeekVid? Your basic video site, with tv shows, cartoons, anime, movies...movies like 40 Year Old Virgin, Anchorman, Scanner Darkly, Rocky Balboa, Saw 3, The Departed. Your basic still in theaters but you can see them here for free kind of movies.

What do we give it? A few days? weeks?

A week at best. This is totally illegal and shold be stopped.

Just hope I have time to see see Children of Men before it goes down.

said William on January 10, 2007 11:16 AM.

A week at best. This is totally illegal and should be stopped.

Just hope I have time to see see Children of Men before it goes down.

said William on January 10, 2007 11:16 AM.

This has been around for atleast 3 months, I've been watching Prison Break on it for a while. I believe I first found it in September. But I'm sure that now you've posted it, and then more people will post from this post, and so on, it will get more attention and then be shut down.

said Grace on January 10, 2007 1:35 PM.

Heard about it on RocketBoom. I think they have slightly more traffic than we do.

said Jellio on January 10, 2007 1:52 PM.

So, how are they making money?

said William on January 10, 2007 2:45 PM.

Wow, you're definitely a little behind Jellio. Peekvid has been up for a while. But they're fairly small. Dailymotion.com is loaded with movies if you can find them.

said Tim on January 10, 2007 10:29 PM.

Yes, it's been around for months, but it looks like they may be down now. None of the videos can be accessed at present.

said aldi on January 11, 2007 3:14 AM.

This PeekVid site is quite interesting. They are not actually hosting any of the content, just pulling it off of other video sites like DailyMotion and YouTube. Exploiting the gray areas of our outdated copyright laws.

I assumed that PeekVid would be loading up on advertising to capitalize on their traffic but I don't see any ads. Maybe the hosts just enjoy cataloging and sharing vids?

said Don on January 11, 2007 4:37 PM.

btw - many of the videos are still working. I bet they spend a lot of time trying to keep valid links as the folks as videos are discovered and deleted from YouTube and DailyMotion.

said Don on January 11, 2007 4:39 PM.

It's directory sites like these that bring attention to dailymotion and will end up shutting it down. Just use the search function so I don't miss my TV shows.

said Lick on January 11, 2007 7:50 PM.

I dont see no dates on the comments so i dont know when they were posted, Peekvid has been open for 11months currently, it was started in March 06. Its now worth over $1million.

said Jason on January 30, 2007 12:04 PM.