More Lost theories

Dharma Initiative Arrow Logo
A while ago a commenter said that the reason I wasn't enjoying Lost as much this year is that all my theories proved wrong. Now, not only do I not remember most of my own theories, I still don't think we've gotten far enough to know which theories are right or wrong (including the writers).

However, here are a few more ideas (none of which are my own) that are worth discussing:

• The guy with the tumor on his backbone - could it be Locke? And would removing the tumor put him back in a wheelchair?

• Are The Others sterile? Is that why they steal children and need a fertility doctor? And if so, is the reason they separated Jack from Sawyer and Kate that they, not he, is their real interest? Did they put Kate in the cute dress opposite Sawyer so that the two of them would REALLY fall in love and get "at it"?

• Does the fertility doctor on the island have any connection to Sun becoming pregnant when she was previously unable too?

Isn't it the leader of the "others" that has the tumor?

said Spilt_Milk on October 27, 2006 2:03 PM.

I think that's what we were supposed to believe from the coming attractions, but I wouldn't put it past them to be sneaky that way.

said Scaramouch on October 27, 2006 3:14 PM.

Jack already figured it out: They separated him because he's a spinal surgeon, and one of the Others has a tumor. Remember the x-ray? And Sun was always able to become pregnant; It was Jin that was sterile. She's pregnant because she's been cheating on Jin, which we found out only two weeks ago.

said Anon on October 27, 2006 3:40 PM.

We don't know for sure who the Xray is of, or how long ago it was made.

said Scaramouch on October 27, 2006 3:44 PM.

I just wish Hiro from "Hero's" would jump to the island and take everyone away. I'm so sick of the show going nowhere at all.

said razen on October 27, 2006 3:51 PM.

So you're positing that the others kidnapped Jack, took him to another island, and locked him in an aquarium, all so he could perform spinal surgery on Locke, whom they left back on the other island conspicuously un-kidnapped?

said Anon on October 27, 2006 3:53 PM.

And this somehow makes less sense to you that intelligent swarms of killer bees, yet having to watch cartoons recorded on 3/4 inch tape?

said Scaramouch on October 27, 2006 3:56 PM.

Touché, my friend. About as much sense as having enough access to the outside world to be able to get details on every aspect of a person's life, and new fangled pulse monitor watches, but no ability to get a replacement defibrillator.

said Anon on October 27, 2006 4:05 PM.

I think that's more like when you keep meaning to buy batteries for the flashlight, and then the power goes out.

said Scaramouch on October 27, 2006 4:37 PM.

As long as we can still get a kick out reading too deeply into the mysteries then Lost is still worthwhile, regardless of whether they're ever going to reveal the answers to us or not. The problem so far this season is there doesn't seem to be as many easter eggs and the flashbacks are no longer adding a level of depth and mystery to the characters. I don't think the problem is that Lost isn't answering enough of it's questions but that it is not raising enough new and interesting questions so far this season.

said Evil Richard on October 27, 2006 5:34 PM.

What if the x-ray was a trick? (Remember, Ben said they were better con-men than Sawyer)

said Jellio on October 28, 2006 10:21 AM.

Jellio,

Henry/Ben has never told the truth....ever.

said THE WOLFE on October 29, 2006 11:59 PM.

I think the spinal deal is a ruse and they are using it as an interview tactic because they want to recruit Jack. You have to back a rat into a corner if you want to see what he is capable of. I think they are testing Jack.

said Dick Renegade on November 8, 2006 9:10 PM.

Well, we're really hitting these predictions out of the ballpark, ain't we.

said scaramouch on November 9, 2006 1:05 AM.

I think they're all dead and the island is really purgatory.

said Jellio on November 9, 2006 1:33 PM.