Bold Recruiting Moves

I like to share promising career opportunities with the YesButNo community. I also like to share spiffy ones. This message about JWT Detroit comes via MySpace. You'll want to click on the image to make it larger.

">JWT_Description.jpg

It sounds like my Grandad trying to be the fab beatnik at the party.

said Scaramouch on October 31, 2006 10:29 AM.

When they roll, they roll rad.

(This one is gonna keep me laughing all day)

said Scaramouch on October 31, 2006 10:30 AM.

So many posts about JWT on this site I'm beginning to think you all work for them.

said kickstand on October 31, 2006 11:08 AM.

...or worked

said Jellio on October 31, 2006 11:23 AM.

Concepting? Is that even a word? I guess "thinking up" is insufficiently pretentious, and "brainstorming" too corporate...

But given the tendancy towards band/song/album names that are stretched into complete sentences, "conceptualizing" seems like a good fit - wonder why they had to drop 3 syllables? Time is still money, I guess, even for hipsters.

said The CyberSlug on October 31, 2006 11:37 AM.

I googled "uber-clever viral(tm) shiznet" and got nothing. Rad.

said TheMuggler on October 31, 2006 11:55 AM.

I don't think we single JWT out specifically, we're equally scathing of naive ridiculousness wherever we find it.

said Scaramouch on October 31, 2006 11:58 AM.

Dude... "Concepting" is just a word that ad folks use because a "concept" is a definable and necessary integer in the ad creation process. It's not hipster, it doesn't save time, it's just jargon, and it's really old -- hotshot.

said hinsonian on November 1, 2006 6:24 PM.

I can't think of a creative who wouldn't be motivated to work for the highest-earning JWT office. After all, that's what we get up for...

said Rob on November 2, 2006 6:26 AM.