Today's NY Post

Front060906
For those of you not in New York, here's what passes for journalism in our fair city these days. I'm just speechless.

I'm speechless.
No one deserves this kind of treatment. Disgusting.

said ematoma on June 9, 2006 11:33 AM.

My motto for the Post: Don't read it.

said kickstand on June 9, 2006 1:47 PM.

It's a hoot!

said Lucien de la Peste on June 9, 2006 4:45 PM.

i thought you photoshopped that. Then I walked past one in a machine on the street. Unbelievable.

said animike on June 9, 2006 6:08 PM.

I actually miss the Post since I left NY. Not that I ever bought one but I've always enjoyed the covers and the creative headlines. Honestly, as glad as I am that that guy is dead it's kind of weird to see all the news media showing the face of a corpse 24/7.

said Evil Richard on June 10, 2006 12:41 AM.

my 2 favorite post headlines both happen to involve Michael Jackson. First "WACKO JACKO BACKO" when he came back from Oman or something and "HE'S BAD" when he fainted onstage and was taken to the hospital.

said TurkeyburgerDLX on June 10, 2006 10:32 AM.

"Oh, the poor thing..."

Lighten up! He was at war with us, he killed many of our troops, and he sure didn't mind beheading innocent US civiliains on TV.

said Mark D on June 10, 2006 3:30 PM.

"I'm speechless.
No one deserves this kind of treatment. Disgusting."

Erm actually they do, and actually if anyone on earth does or in this case did, it's Mr Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. May I remind you that he has personally cut the heads of living Western hostages. The only thing wrong with the Post was that it didn't show his dead wife and kids. Enshallah!, yeah right.

said Inglish on June 10, 2006 6:32 PM.

Wait - you're GLAD his kid died? Are you insane? or just Republican?

said Scaramouch on June 10, 2006 6:51 PM.

Best Post headline ever was a story a few years back about a decapitated body found in a strip club: "HEADLESS BODY FOUND IN TOPLESS BAR".

said Evil Richard on June 10, 2006 7:09 PM.

Mark D. & Inglish...Let's put aside whether or not Zarqawi deserves this type of treatment (Events like the Nick Berg execution speak to that point), or what it says about Americans who crave this type of media coverage. How about focusing on what images like this do for our standing in the rest of the world.

Let's use a football metaphor. You know about coaches telling their players not to say anything negative about the other team, because it's only going to be used as "chalkboard material" to get their players even more pumped up. So, how many Post covers do you think are being taped up to walls as Al-Qaeda recruiting posters all over the world. (the Abu Ghraib clippings were getting old, anyway) If that Post cover converts one more teenager into a suicide bomber, do you think it was worth it?

said Jellio on June 11, 2006 10:14 AM.

If you don't like it, don't read. Don't watch it on television. Don't put it on your website. Oh wait, you want the same thing the Post wants: Readers. So you'll do the same thing they did: Post the picture. Only you'll post it under the guise of exposing the digusting lengths the media goes to. How noble. How hypocritical.

said Vender on June 12, 2006 9:19 AM.

Vender makes a valid point. With that in mind, I vow never to post another link on the topic of Ann Coulter. Why spread the hate?

PS: I do this because it's cathartic, not for more readers. I don't even know who any of you people are.

said jellio on June 12, 2006 9:41 AM.

Scaramouch, you pose an interesting question. I guess I did not realise the literal interpretation that my comments would garner. On the assumption that all children are innocents, then of course I would not with death on the lickle, wickle Zarqawi children who wont live to see another Ramadan, but you can hardly expect me to feel sorry for them, their father was no innocent was he. People I know have been killed by terrorists, their only mistake was boarding the bus or tube at the same time as a suicide bomber. Hell I was in Kings Cross station when the bomb went off, it could have been me. My point is that terrorists do deserve this treatment, and when you have a president who goes around saying things like "wanted dead or alive", then what do you expect the press to do. I assume the New York Post is in the business of selling papers and that serious journalism comes second, well in that case "so what". BTW nearly all the newspapers in the UK carried that photo (sans speech bubble).

said Inglish on June 12, 2006 2:08 PM.

This is absolutely shameful!

said Shivam Vij on June 13, 2006 10:07 AM.

Well, your site is very good, good news and design...! ))) Happy Christmas! SmilerMan.

said Tonik on December 12, 2006 12:14 AM.

kukan.aol.com

said asd on March 19, 2007 10:35 AM.

kukan.aol.com

said asd on March 20, 2007 10:31 AM.