Top Ten Great Music Videos You Haven't Seen

Soulwax.jpg

There's tons of cool music videos that never see the inside of your television. Allow me to train your retinas on some that I think deserve more attention than they have gotten.

Soulwax.jpg

10. Soulwax "E Talking"
Here's the Sesame Street on drugs version of a night out at the club.

Snow Patrol.jpg

9. Snow Patrol "Chocolate"
Ah....the end of the world.

Vitalic.jpg

8. Vitalic "Poney Park 1"
Repeated viewings will put you in some sort of zen like dog-induced trance.

Stephen Malkmus.jpg

7. Stephen Malkmus "Baby C'mon"
Quite inventive use of stop motion to overcome a lack of budget.

decemberists.jpg

6. The Decemberists "16 Military Wives"
Kid's Afterschool Special + Royal Tenenbaums + US Foreign Policy = Rocking Video

royksopp.jpg

5. Royksopp "What Else Is There?"
Hauntingly beautiful images and the first of 2 videos on my list by insanely talented Danish director Martin de Thura.

phoenix foundation.jpg

4. Phoenix Foundation "Hitchcock"
Director Reuben Sutherland shows what it would look like if Grand Theft Auto physics worked in the real world.

kasabian.jpg

3. Kasabian "Cutt Off"
I just love how coldblooded and perfect this video is.

unkle.gif

2. U.N.K.L.E. "An Eye For An Eye"
Perfectly done animation for a song that will stay with you for days.

carpark north.jpg

1. Carpark North "Human"
A Danish band you never heard of with the best video I saw in 2005. Director Martin de Thura combines the pains of childhood with a great "Children of the Damned" vibe. This is what Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters would look like in the real world.

Who the fuck are these people? I have never heard of them.

said Mike on January 30, 2006 11:18 AM.

Umm... I think that's the point of the story.

said Scaramouch on January 30, 2006 12:08 PM.

I can smuggly say I've seen 4 of these vidoes previous to going onto this page.

said JKpunk on January 30, 2006 1:43 PM.

just wanna let you know i linked you at www.oks.ph

said pinkstar on January 30, 2006 3:20 PM.

one of the best links i ever klicked onto.
the carpark north vid is so mindshaking and the röyksopp vid sounds so much more beautiful with these hotty singing it :D

said blauzing on January 30, 2006 9:17 PM.

i have heard of one. Snowpatrol.

said wiggysan on January 30, 2006 9:38 PM.

Seen Soulwax's one before...but only heard of them, Royksopp, and UNKLE before this article.

I'm surprised Prodigy's video for Smack My Bitch Up didn't make it on here. Check that one out if you haven't seen it! :D

said Phreaky-Zee on January 31, 2006 2:13 AM.

Soulwax one is absolutely killer

and yes I win, I know 8 of the 10

Go Vitalic!!

said zlot on January 31, 2006 4:50 AM.

The Roots - What They Do video is awesome!!! Everyone has heard of them but nobody ever really sees their videos. Find the version that has the subtitles in it. It makes fun of all of the hip-hop video cliches that are prevalent today. Long live The Roots!!!!!!!!!!!

said Tim on June 2, 2006 2:35 PM.

yeah, but everybody's seen "smack my bitch up", these videos are relatively unheard of (although i'm going to check them all out when i get home). i also recommend hot chip - over and over, and LCD soundsystem - trbulations, aaand another danish band kashmir - curse of being a girl. something awesome about those two chicks on the roller coaster...

said ill on April 3, 2007 4:39 PM.

OH! I thought of another one - Lacquer - Behind. directed by michel gondry, him and a friend drive a 1960's mustang from LA to new york with a stop motion camera mounted above the convertable. very cool

said ill on April 3, 2007 5:53 PM.